Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 01:11 AM

107 posts, read 116,812 times

Advertisements

"As far as gay people, God teaches me to love people even with their faults" "faults"??? What a strange thing to say. OMG Who cares if someone is gay???? God DOES NOT care if someone is gay so why do you care so much what some other person is choosing to do???!!!! Please grow up. I am surprise you are not said they "have kooties".

Old 07-05-2013, 05:56 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,356,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki H View Post
"As far as gay people, God teaches me to love people even with their faults" "faults"??? What a strange thing to say. OMG Who cares if someone is gay???? God DOES NOT care if someone is gay so why do you care so much what some other person is choosing to do???!!!! Please grow up. I am surprise you are not said they "have kooties".

I am blessed that I don't have to have all the answers and know I never will. I have to operate in faith. Again I say, I understand you will have a retort for whatever I say so it matters not what I say. more important to me is how I live. so I'll do my best to live up to the example that Christ set knowing I will fall short but also knowing that I have already accepted salvation. hope to see you at gate #7.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:55 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,486,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I am blessed that I don't have to have all the answers and know I never will.

Yet you post with the authority of someone who does. Funny how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7
I have to operate in faith. Again I say, I understand you will have a retort for whatever I say so it matters not what I say. more important to me is how I live.

If only "how you live" was what was important.

Christians and other very religious are notorious for trying to force everyone else to live like them through force of LAW, because their message is unattractive and humans yearn to be free. It happens in the middle east, and it happens here to a lesser extent. Thankfully, less and less here.

The cure on this issue is to not get a gay marriage if you are against it. No amount of internet or street preaching is going to convince a gay person they are not entitled to full rights and privileges of citizenship in this country.

Live your life righteously as YOUR book demands you do, and let others live THEIR lives.

You don't see the Jews trying to outlaw pork, do you? Or the Amish marching on Washington to make America electricity-free?

You also manage to agree that people should be FREE to be other-than-Christian or non-Christian, correct? That flies against the Bible's #1 tenant, yet you manage to live.

If Christians really were about enforcing God's will they would trash the first Amendment, institute a state religion (Christianity) and enforce it by rule of law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7
so I'll do my best to live up to the example that Christ set knowing I will fall short but also knowing that I have already accepted salvation.
So looks like there's nothing left for you to do here.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:25 AM

25,915 posts, read 16,640,543 times
"Supreme Court working on gay marriage cases"

Wow, I sure am glad they don't have anything more important to work on

Old 07-05-2013, 09:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,279,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
"Supreme Court working on gay marriage cases"

Wow, I sure am glad they don't have anything more important to work on
You don't seem to understand how the supreme court works. They only deal with cases that are brought before them.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 AM

904 posts, read 689,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Ever stop to think WHY your opinion is held by some of the most backward, horrible places on earth to live?

Why your ideological allies on this issue exist most fervently in totalitarian states, third world crapholes or theocracies?

"Decency and goodness," indeed! Some self-reflection is in order for you, stat!
Ever stop to think my opinion was held by O'bama, The House, The Senate, and every President of this United States since it's Independence?

You think one bass akwards group of degenerate Judges that are going against the MAJORITY of Californian's
are falling prey to the dark side? Politically correct dog fodder....

Old 07-05-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki H View Post
God doesn't care if someone has gay sex?

You don't know God.

He actually called for them to be killed, and that He gave them up to a reprobate mind. IN that the Holy Spirit was no longer called to guide and help them.

I can think of no worse state, than to not have the guidance of God, and to be left as one that is lower than an animal. Degenerate, vile and unclean.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
So atheists get eternal life?
If they don't forfeit that right through un pardonable sins... yes.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:14 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,376,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
God doesn't care if someone has gay sex?

You don't know God.

He actually called for them to be killed, and that He gave them up to a reprobate mind. IN that the Holy Spirit was no longer called to guide and help them.

I can think of no worse state, than to not have the guidance of God, and to be left as one that is lower than an animal. Degenerate, vile and unclean.
Big deal. God called on just about everyone to be killed.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Big deal. God called on just about everyone to be killed.
So what does that tell you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies