Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Exactly. This takes the focus off what they are doing behind the scenes, plus any talk about Fast n Furious and the Benghazi deaths.
If you must watch mainstream, keep it on Fox to track what's really going on. The rest are just a mouthpiece for Obama propoganda.
No thanks.

Does Congress not have subpeona power? Even with the resignation of Petraeus - why should anyone think that he will not have to testify?

Last I heard - when you are served with a subpeona - you have to show up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,383,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No thanks.

Does Congress not have subpeona power? Even with the resignation of Petraeus - why should anyone think that he will not have to testify?

Last I heard - when you are served with a subpeona - you have to show up.
I guess you don't realize what happened with too much of the executive powers use and the failure of people to be subpoenaed in the Fast and Furious case. Is that the case?

Old 11-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I agree, this stinks, and there's nothing that makes Americans salivate more than a sex scandal, so now people are talking about Petraeus and not about Benghazi.
I also question the raids on Broadwell's home and 20,000 documents and emails that are now being combed thru. Could it be that they just want to know what documentation may be out there relating to Benghazi that could hurt this administration? So let's say he testifies about an email or a message he got from Biden, but can no longer produce proof.
Otherwise, all this doesn't make any sense to me.
Aw, all that can't possibly be true. In fact, we both know what has happened and what is true but our leaners won't be able to accept any of what you are saying. They don't even know that something like this sex scandal could quite well be a part of the whole cover up. Things like this have been used many times the past few years and too often before these most recent ones.

Your bolded question makes too much sense to me to not look into the whole thing.

That Herridge woman, a real investigative reporter for Fox, just finished talking on Fox, of course, and I bet most of our leaners could have made a whole pile of sense to what she was saying in trying to tell what had happened. Herridge will have to have an accident soon in order for the left to get out of this one.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,608,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This is really very simple .... the narrative for which you are questioning, is not the exact story, but a cover story. Benghazi exposes a much larger operation that DWARFS the Iran-Contra affair, and Petraeus is up to his neck in it, along with Obama, Clinton and the rest of these criminals.

Neither the Obama administration nor Petraeus himself cares to be put under oath and forced to testify, so this supposed extramarital affair is the explanation for his abrupt resignation. There have been a couple of other high level military career executions ... a 4 Star General, commander Africom, and an Admiral in charge of the Carrier group that decided to launch Special Forces Rapid Reaction team to aid the Embassy in spite of direct stand-down orders.

Man, are you people dense or what? Just WTF do you people need as evidence to realize some serious crap is being covered up here ... a G. Damned Hollywood Movie, and a novel written by your favorite author? The reality is, this operation is a drug and weapons smuggling operation that involves the Pentagon, CIA, boots on the ground military commanders and the freaking Traitor-In-Chief in the White House and his high level operatives, like Hillary the wicked. The story behind the story here is a deliberate destabilization of the entire middle east ... Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Pakistan .. which are just the continuation of the Bush implemented portion of the operation that was kicked this off with the invasion of Afghanistan and the invasion and destruction of Iraq.

What do you people need as evidence that these criminals control the Hundreds of Billions of dollars in the worldwide heroin and opium market for which Afghanistan provides 95% ? Pictures of US Troops guarding the poppy fields? Well ... we have that freaking evidence too ... and the cover story for that is that if we don't control it, the Taliban would, which itself is a cover story, because that was one of the primary reasons for ousting the Taliban to begin with .. because they had eliminated about 80 % of that lucrative opium and heroin production in Afghanistan prior to the US invasion, which used the cover story of going after Osama Bin Laden. Well .... WELL ???? Bin Laden is DEAD .... now why are we still there? Because it had nothing to do with Osama Bin Laden ... which is why it doesn't matter that he's dead. And it has nothing to do with rooting out Al Qaeda either, because they work for the CIA (who created them back in the days of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan). Of course the drooling sheep don't even have enough bloody common sense to question the contradiction of fighting Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, while providing aid to Al Qaeda to overthrow Libya and that has even been admitted right there in the mainstream news!!! So even a confession isn't good enough for the public with heads made of concrete block.

Jesus people .... you have to actually work hard to be this stupid ... because nobody is born this dumb. Time to stop sucking your thumbs and start usung your heads for something other than a place to put a baseball cap on backwards.
If CNN doesn't tell them about it, it's not true and doesn't affect them. I'm surprised the top story isn't about Popeye taking over KFC, now that's something they care about.

This wasn't even a consulate, that was in Tripoli. This was a place where they coordinated weaponry to the so called freedom fighting mercenaries and jihadi's into Syria via Turkey. Petraeus was no good guy, he and Stevens were managing this flow of arms. This is all a deflection, and it will probably work, for now.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
You are calling Lt. Col Ralph Peters a liar? Watch the video before making stupid accusations.
Please don't accuse a leaner who is afraid to listen to anything like that for fear he may hear some truth and have his mind changed, even a tiny bit, a non-reader. THEY don't like having someone accuse them of non-reading or viewing even when they make statements like that that tells us they didn't look. Remember that attacking the messenger is the only way they can deal with not knowing the message. Hammer them.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Nice try, buddy.

Everyone is hounded you on this thread yet you keep trying to defend your actions. I respect that even though you're still a nutcase.
I would bet that you have seen more from that site than I have but then you get the twist MM puts out about him. The good thing about all this is that one of us is going to turn out to be completely wrong and I have the right to continue to believe that you are the one just as much as you do to believe that about me.

You admit to being a joke in your screen name and then call me a nutcase? Normal leaner activity.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,264,788 times
Rep. Frank Wolf is calling for the establishment of a Select Committee to investigate the Benghazi attack [1] and Feinstein wants to see Petraeus' trip report. [2]

Old 11-13-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfstorage View Post
Gee for a guy who calls himself the "senior conspiracy theorist" saying it must be a conspiracy, how fresh. Hey bud. Why only theorist? Oh wait...because it's only a theory that you and a few more wing nuts want to revel in. You could do the smart thing and wait for these things called FACTS to come out, I know it's hard for you but try it. Then you won't have to be a "theorist" and could become a realist. I know it might not be as fun but hey facts are sometimes stranger than fiction, maybe not in whatever is between your ears though.
It's not a theory, it's another coverup.

Quote:

'USS Liberty' veterans demand investigation

Arizona Republic (Arizona's leading newspaper), June 3, 2007

Posted: 2007-06-08 08:17:49

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/viewpoints/articles/0603liberty0603....

In demanding a congressional investigation into the aborted rescue during the attack of the USS Liberty and subsequent alleged cover-up [the following] conclusions [were] submitted in October 2003 to the Office of the U.S. Secretary of Defense by the USS Liberty Veterans Association, Inc.: 1. That on June 8, 1967 ... Israel launched a two-hour air and naval attack against USS Liberty ... inflicting 34 dead and 173 wounded American servicemen; 2. That ... unmarked Israeli aircraft dropped napalm canisters on USS Liberty's bridge and fired 30mm cannons and rockets into [the] ship; 3. That the torpedo boat attack involved not only the firing of torpedoes, but the machine-gunning of Liberty's firefighters and stretcher-bearers as they struggled to save their ship and crew; the Israeli torpedo boats later returned to machine-gun at close range three of the Liberty's life rafts that had been lowered into the water by survivors to rescue the most seriously wounded; 4. That there is compelling evidence that Israel's attack was a deliberate attempt to destroy an American ship and kill her entire crew; evidence of such intent is supported by statements from Secretary of State Dean Rusk, Undersecretary of State George Ball, former CIA Director Richard Helms, former NSA Directors Lt. Gen. William Odom, USA (Ret.), Adm. Bobby Ray Inman, USN (Ret.), and Marshal Carter; former NSA deputy directors Oliver Kirby and Maj. Gen. John Morrison, USAF (Ret.); 6. The White House deliberately prevented the U.S. Navy from coming to the defense of USS Liberty by recalling Sixth Fleet military rescue support while the ship was under attack.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have said many times on this forum that the first two conspiracy theories from right leaning blogs I saw when this thing started made a lot of sense to me and that was long before the thing started to blow up.

These two ideas involved Stevens and his handling the shipment of weapons to Syria. Kind of like Fast and Furious. They involved either the killing of Stevens based on the fact that the last person he met with was a Turk and Turkey is where the guns were sent from. The other one was that capturing Stevens would give al Qaida an opportunity to trade for the Blind Sheikh but it got out of hand and Stevens ended up dead.

Now if either of these things "could" be true it would be pretty obvious why many involved with the White House wouldn't want the word to get out.

Oh well, conspiracy theories only work for those who want to believe them until they get proven and this one will be tough to prove with all the resignations, like Petraeus coming before the Congress can get started. We know what the Department of Injustice will do about subpoenas as tools of the Congress, at least what they did about Fast and Furious.
Conspiracy theories work for those of us that try to fill in the gaps and make sense of stories that clearly don't, with theories that do.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Conspiracy theories work for those of us that try to fill in the gaps and make sense of stories that clearly don't, with theories that do.
I just heard K. T. McFarland talking about what is going on and although she said she doesn't like conspiracy theories she sees too much in most to them around this one to not know that there is a lot of truth in them. That is just what I have been thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies