Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,352,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
JCS, probably true. Can you provide any online link to a reputable source for what you say here?
I think that the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley told that story quite well this evening. I heard him about 6:30 EST. Maybe you could find it on the CBS site that I don't go to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No...it wasn't. It had nothing to do with Bhengazi. It was due to the fact that he was having an affair and it resulted in her having access to things she shouldn't have. Perhaps he was also canned as a scapegoat of sorts, but that's not how the media is reporting it. In any event, as Obama himself said, it is his responsibility, and the blame falls on him. Perhaps he ought to start acting like it.

Fact is, there was no security guarding the ambassador, and despite being notified of a threat and a request for help, they ignored it. But this president has never taken responsibility....he still blames Bush for the economy.
I saw a cartoon today of Obama having to blame himself for the economy we have today. Surely it is past time for him to blame anybody else since we have videos of him saying he could clean up what Bush left him with inside 3 years and look what he is inheriting from himself.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfstorage View Post
Well if fox "news" said it then you know it's the opposite of true.
Fox only said it a few days before CBS reported much the same thing this evening. The MSM gets around finally, usually, it just takes them a little longer to report the truth.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know what, your right. No matter who hides the truth, it has a way of coming out And when the truth does come out, it explodes.

Too many weird circumstances with this case, too many to be explained.

The secrets are only secrets for so long, they will come out and the truth will emege. Secrets are not secrets without a reason, there is something to hide?

People don't lie about the death of 4 brave Americans who died needlessley, and for no reason, they lie because they do not want the truth to come out.

I don't give a damn who is involved, no matter who they are, they need to be punished.

The lies themself, are bad, but to keep the truth from us, is just as bad.
The thing that bothers me most today is the timing of the release of what the FBI knew about Petraeus for weeks and finally, after the election it came up. The timing has Axelrod written all over it, I think. Of course, Axelrod and Jarrett aren't either very important to Obama, are they?

Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,486,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The thing that bothers me most today is the timing of the release of what the FBI knew about Petraeus for weeks and finally, after the election it came up. The timing has Axelrod written all over it, I think. Of course, Axelrod and Jarrett aren't either very important to Obama, are they?
We think a like. This whole case, has weird written all over it.

Trust me, ,there is more to this case, then meets the eye, and only those with a intuitative mind, will get it.

The truth can be right in front of some, stirring them right in the eye, and they still would not get it.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:51 PM

24,464 posts, read 23,165,283 times
Let the ostrich people stick their heads in the sand if they want to. Keep an eye on whats going on around you and don't let anybody tell you what to think or what is or isn't happening.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 AM

414 posts, read 345,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The MSM gets around finally, usually, it just takes them a little longer to report the truth.
It took a while for Watergate to leak out. This is moving at a much faster pace.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 AM

15,120 posts, read 8,698,621 times
Quote:

Trust me, ,there is more to this case, then meets the eye, and only those with a intuitative mind, will get it.

The truth can be right in front of some, stirring them right in the eye, and they still would not get it.
You are 100% correct ... there is way more to this story ... and just as an aside to that, if you look at just those elements which led up to the attack on that embassy ... i.e. the anti-Muslim film for which the powers that be wanted to blame for inciting this violence ... and the fact that it occurred on "September 11", it's all too clear that this was a set up ... and either the US Ambassador himself, or the Turkish official he was meeting with, was the actual target of a planned assassination, for reasons that remain hidden at this time.

There are certainly many key elements and facts which have not been uncovered, but what is known is awfully damning, and point to an "inside job". You have this "film" which was initially blamed for inciting the violence, conveniently serving as a pretext. You have the inadequate security and the refusal of the State Department/White House to allocate proper levels of security to comply with specific requests for additional security. And then you have the stand down orders that prevented military assistance at the onset of the siege. There is simply no way that all of these elements are random coincidences which "inadvertently" aided the success of the attack, or some failure due incompetence, which is the story that the media is attempting to weave. When ever these criminals are caught red handed, it's always that lame arsed story of a cover up to conceal incompetence, rather than the truth, which is deliberate criminal conduct, bordering very closely in this case, on high treason. How else can one define an act of aiding an enemy attack against one of our own foreign facilities, and refusing to render aid to them, leading to the deaths of US citizens and a US Ambassador? If that doesn't qualify for high treason, nothing does.

This event is much bigger than scandals like Iran-Contra ... Watergate ... or Monica Lewinski, and if the truth were to be fully revealed, I believe it would be enough to try and convict several high level US officials, maybe all the way up to and including the president. I don't think Hillary Clinton would be willing to take the fall alone ... nor do I think Patraeus or Pentagon officials would either.

This puppy is the big one ... and it's not like this type of overt criminal conduct is hard to believe, given the nature of Fast and Furious, which can no way be isolated to underlings at the Justice Department, and a sting operation that went south.

Of course, this wouldn't be the first time such an event was orchestrated by the White House ... all one needs to look at is the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty, and LBJ's issuance of stand down orders to recall air support launched in response to it's mayday calls. The only thing that would be unprecedented would be to bring these criminal traitors to justice, just once.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:46 AM

223 posts, read 247,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You are 100% correct ... there is way more to this story ... and just as an aside to that, if you look at just those elements which led up to the attack on that embassy ... i.e. the anti-Muslim film for which the powers that be wanted to blame for inciting this violence ... and the fact that it occurred on "September 11", it's all too clear that this was a set up ... and either the US Ambassador himself, or the Turkish official he was meeting with, was the actual target of a planned assassination, for reasons that remain hidden at this time.

There are certainly many key elements and facts which have not been uncovered, but what is known is awfully damning, and point to an "inside job". You have this "film" which was initially blamed for inciting the violence, conveniently serving as a pretext. You have the inadequate security and the refusal of the State Department/White House to allocate proper levels of security to comply with specific requests for additional security. And then you have the stand down orders that prevented military assistance at the onset of the siege. There is simply no way that all of these elements are random coincidences which "inadvertently" aided the success of the attack, or some failure due incompetence, which is the story that the media is attempting to weave. When ever these criminals are caught red handed, it's always that lame arsed story of a cover up to conceal incompetence, rather than the truth, which is deliberate criminal conduct, bordering very closely in this case, on high treason. How else can one define an act of aiding an enemy attack against one of our own foreign facilities, and refusing to render aid to them, leading to the deaths of US citizens and a US Ambassador? If that doesn't qualify for high treason, nothing does.

This event is much bigger than scandals like Iran-Contra ... Watergate ... or Monica Lewinski, and if the truth were to be fully revealed, I believe it would be enough to try and convict several high level US officials, maybe all the way up to and including the president. I don't think Hillary Clinton would be willing to take the fall alone ... nor do I think Patraeus or Pentagon officials would either.

This puppy is the big one ... and it's not like this type of overt criminal conduct is hard to believe, given the nature of Fast and Furious, which can no way be isolated to underlings at the Justice Department, and a sting operation that went south.

Of course, this wouldn't be the first time such an event was orchestrated by the White House ... all one needs to look at is the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty, and LBJ's issuance of stand down orders to recall air support launched in response to it's mayday calls. The only thing that would be unprecedented would be to bring these criminal traitors to justice, just once.
Gee for a guy who calls himself the "senior conspiracy theorist" saying it must be a conspiracy, how fresh. Hey bud. Why only theorist? Oh wait...because it's only a theory that you and a few more wing nuts want to revel in. You could do the smart thing and wait for these things called FACTS to come out, I know it's hard for you but try it. Then you won't have to be a "theorist" and could become a realist. I know it might not be as fun but hey facts are sometimes stranger than fiction, maybe not in whatever is between your ears though.

Last edited by elfstorage; 11-13-2012 at 11:20 AM..

Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:

I have said many times on this forum that the first two conspiracy theories from right leaning blogs I saw when this thing started made a lot of sense to me and that was long before the thing started to blow up.

These two ideas involved Stevens and his handling the shipment of weapons to Syria. Kind of like Fast and Furious. They involved either the killing of Stevens based on the fact that the last person he met with was a Turk and Turkey is where the guns were sent from. The other one was that capturing Stevens would give al Qaida an opportunity to trade for the Blind Sheikh but it got out of hand and Stevens ended up dead.

Now if either of these things "could" be true it would be pretty obvious why many involved with the White House wouldn't want the word to get out.

Oh well, conspiracy theories only work for those who want to believe them until they get proven and this one will be tough to prove with all the resignations, like Petraeus coming before the Congress can get started. We know what the Department of Injustice will do about subpoenas as tools of the Congress, at least what they did about Fast and Furious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies