Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:37 AM

510 posts, read 432,084 times

Advertisements

You have to have photo ID to vote in Mexico.

How hilarious is that, you silly Democrats?

In Mexico the government gives people IDs free of charge. Surely something like that would work in the US, right?

Oh wait... No that would make it more difficult for illegals to vote Democrat in exchange for the Democrats giving them stuff paid for with US citizen's tax money. We can't have that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 12:48 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,851,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
You have to have photo ID to vote in Mexico.

How hilarious is that, you silly Democrats?

In Mexico the government gives people IDs free of charge. Surely something like that would work in the US, right?

Oh wait... No that would make it more difficult for illegals to vote Democrat in exchange for the Democrats giving them stuff paid for with US citizen's tax money. We can't have that....
Do they look something .. like this?

Old 09-09-2012, 12:59 AM

33,012 posts, read 27,566,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
How do these people who say that don't have valid ID to vote get along in society?

Most of those require only that your photo ID verify who you claim to be, and do not require the ID to be current. I've used my expired DL to write checks and to make bank transactions (both depositing and withdrawing).

Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
....lol

even to get into the Democratic National Convention to see your idol required proper picture ID...so wtf!

What's so hard to get a picture ID? Poor? Our definition of poor might be differ from rest of the world...our poor still can afford cable tv, flat screen, ps3, smartphone etc...

Last I check, you need an ID to write a check (yes who still write check) at grocery store, buy your alcohol and cigs! Signing up for a cell phone plan, renting an apartment etc.

I've used expired ID many times and nobody even batted an eyelash.

And I can't afford any of the things you mention. Poor people who can afford those things probably are scamming some unreported/illegal income, have sugar daddies to give them stuff, or (e.g. retirees) bought those things earlier when they were not poor.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
Okay, well at least you have to show some form of ID, the Democrats don't want voters to have to show any form of identification for obvious reasons. They want to commit voter fraud and they want illegals immigrants to vote.

Voter ID laws do not accept "some form of ID", they accept only specified forms which are current and not expired. When I had an expired DL, I used it many times but it wouldn't work for voting.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:32 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,448,092 times
Voter ID cases: Invisible voter v. imaginary fraud - CNN.com

This article pretty much sums it up.
"I happen to be in the camp that believes a state should provide a compelling justification for new election laws even if they have an admittedly uncertain effect on voters' rights. "

I don't care about how easy it is for me to get the required identification. That isn't important.
I don't care how crazy it may seem that someone else to travel/get the identification. That isn't important.
I don't care about how other countries do it. That isn't important.

From what I've seen from the evidence from various sources, voter fraud isn't that common. It happens, but not nearly enough to be a true issue. I'm in business. . .you have to risk return vs benefit. You need an ROI.

The risk here (the 10% who don't currently have the ID/may be disenfranchised) isn't worth the weak benefit.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...s-from-voting/

"No matter our politics, Americans must be vigilant in fighting brazen, ugly attempts to take it away from any citizen."

Its sad that so many are so tied to their "party" that they can't take a step away to preserve their democracy.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,490,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Most of those require only that your photo ID verify who you claim to be, and do not require the ID to be current. I've used my expired DL to write checks and to make bank transactions (both depositing and withdrawing).

NH voter id law accepts expired DL.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 AM

29,917 posts, read 39,558,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Voter ID cases: Invisible voter v. imaginary fraud - CNN.com

This article pretty much sums it up.
"I happen to be in the camp that believes a state should provide a compelling justification for new election laws even if they have an admittedly uncertain effect on voters' rights. "

I don't care about how easy it is for me to get the required identification. That isn't important.
I don't care how crazy it may seem that someone else to travel/get the identification. That isn't important.
I don't care about how other countries do it. That isn't important.

From what I've seen from the evidence from various sources, voter fraud isn't that common. It happens, but not nearly enough to be a true issue. I'm in business. . .you have to risk return vs benefit. You need an ROI.

The risk here (the 10% who don't currently have the ID/may be disenfranchised) isn't worth the weak benefit.

GOP's fictional voter fraud charges aim to keep Democrats from voting | Fox News

"No matter our politics, Americans must be vigilant in fighting brazen, ugly attempts to take it away from any citizen."

Its sad that so many are so tied to their "party" that they can't take a step away to preserve their democracy.
Well why don't you explain to us all how finding fraud in the voting system is suppose to be found with any sort of integrity if you don't have to show a freaking ID or any other form of identification to vote.

That's like saying people don't steal from the grocery store so there's no point in putting check out lines or any sort of cameras to try and catch them in the act. We should accept their word and their little checked off piece of paper that they leave in the box on their way out.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:43 AM

915 posts, read 3,188,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I've used expired ID many times and nobody even batted an eyelash.

And I can't afford any of the things you mention. Poor people who can afford those things probably are scamming some unreported/illegal income, have sugar daddies to give them stuff, or (e.g. retirees) bought those things earlier when they were not poor.
you sure can afford internet and computer unless you are in some free public library but I doubt any library still open at 3am on Sunday...

Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
you sure can afford internet and computer unless you are in some free public library but I doubt any library still open at 3am on Sunday...

Yes, I can afford internet because it makes me money. Not a lot of money (yet), and certainly not enough money to afford those other things listed.

I have an idea for a money-making website and a partner and neither of us have web building skills or the money to pay for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies