Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,139,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You don't live in Arkansas, you don't know what you are talking about. I live in Arkansas, I do know what I'm talking about.

LOL... I may not live in Arkansas but I'm citing publications from the Arkansas governement. Perhaps you may want to read them to understand what the laws are in your state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 11:49 PM

915 posts, read 3,184,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Yes, I can afford internet because it makes me money. Not a lot of money (yet), and certainly not enough money to afford those other things listed.

I have an idea for a money-making website and a partner and neither of us have web building skills or the money to pay for them.
You sure can afford $30 a month for internet but yet you can swing $10-$15 for an ID to exercise your every own freedom that a lot of people fought and die for??? You make this country cheapen and everyone that fought for this country.........
Every countries I been to and people from certain country I have interacted required ID to vote.....

p/s Maybe you and your partner should take up some classes how to make a website courtesy of the tax payers

Old 09-15-2012, 02:20 AM

289 posts, read 397,192 times
What in the **** has happened to freedom?

Really? Show your papers?

Why is this country so submissive?

The new-normal seems to be giving up rights.

Going Eastwood again: The TSA can go and **** itself.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM

264 posts, read 267,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroid View Post
What in the **** has happened to freedom?

Really? Show your papers?
Where have you been the past 50 years? You need to show a paper when you drive amd you need to show one when you boardva plane. What does freedom has to do with it????

Old 09-15-2012, 03:41 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,513,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
You sure can afford $30 a month for internet but yet you can swing $10-$15 for an ID to exercise your every own freedom that a lot of people fought and die for??? You make this country cheapen and everyone that fought for this country.........
Every countries I been to and people from certain country I have interacted required ID to vote.....

p/s Maybe you and your partner should take up some classes how to make a website courtesy of the tax payers

I've thought about that but classes aren't free and I can't afford them.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 AM

915 posts, read 3,184,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I've thought about that but classes aren't free and I can't afford them.
...what are you talking about.....free courses in local community college if you can't afford it. Pell grant, American education credits, etc...heck I'm sure if you asked one of the Union, they might even pay for you...

excuses much?

How about self-study?

Old 09-22-2012, 01:45 AM

289 posts, read 397,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noworneveragain View Post
Where have you been the past 50 years? You need to show a paper when you drive amd you need to show one when you boardva plane. What does freedom has to do with it????
Is this country 50 years old?

Complacency to fascism worries me more than potential voter fraud.

This is yet another demonstration of the general public surrendering our civil liberties in an effort to establish an illusion of order. Since we are all forced to have a SSN and voting is increasingly done by machines that aren't built, nor maintained in the US, why cant we just identify ourselves using our last 4 SSN digits and birthday?

I'll go out on a limb here and say that most of the people who ask to check my ID are people who I wouldn't trust to take in my mail while I was on vacation.

The last few federal elections that I voted in while living in the states were staffed by volunteers that were all over 70 years old. Are they supposed to check IDs? Would you suggest bringing in a federal agency like the TSA to oversee voting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noworneveragain View Post
What does freedom has to do with it????
Freedom has to do with everything you does enjoy much like amd boardva things and such!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 01:57 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,954,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroid View Post
Is this country 50 years old?

Complacency to fascism worries me more than potential voter fraud.

This is yet another demonstration of the general public surrendering our civil liberties in an effort to establish an illusion of order. Since we are all forced to have a SSN and voting is increasingly done by machines that aren't built, nor maintained in the US, why cant we just identify ourselves using our last 4 SSN digits and birthday?

I'll go out on a limb here and say that most of the people who ask to check my ID are people who I wouldn't trust to take in my mail while I was on vacation.

The last few federal elections that I voted in while living in the states were staffed by volunteers that were all over 70 years old. Are they supposed to check IDs? Would you suggest bringing in a federal agency like the TSA to oversee voting?

Freedom has to do with everything you does enjoy much like amd boardva things and such!!!!!!
I'm 29 years old. When I first started frequenting internet forums they allowed unregistered members to vote. Then they stopped. Why? Too many trolls. Why do they issue driver's licenses? To verify that someone is eligible to drive. It's not fascism, it's adapting to reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies