Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:33 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times

Advertisements

Basically, it is all accusations. They don't have any evidence. He passed 300 drug tests and all of their requirements. How can you find him guilty by hearsay. "His teammates saw him dope." That's the basis of their case? GTFOOH with that BS. Why would he dope in front of a teammate? That doesn't make sense to me. This is a witch hunt that has no end in sight. Lance is like "eff all of you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
armstrong has been accused of doping before, and they have found NOTHING to indicate that he was doping, or doing anything else illegal. i guess he got tired of defending himself all the time.
Or doesn't want to go broke at his age for something he didn't do..........wonder how much the others made being lying snitches.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
He passed all of the tests. What else can a person do? Just because you THINK he used drugs doesn't make it true.
For some reason people on hear think "Assuming" "Thinking" or "Associated with others" that someone is breaking the law trumps "Evidence" there's a few threads on her were the people were assumed to be doing something that they wasn't. Is this being taught in school..............

Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
over 500 drug test and he never failed one.

you may wanna check your mirror for the turd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Why do these guys think that they won't eventually be found out? Armstrong maintains his innocence but won't fight charges made by the US Anti-Doping Agency.

"The USADA -- a quasi-government agency recognized as the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sports in the United States -- has accused Armstrong of using, possessing, trafficking and giving to others performance-enhancing drugs, as well as covering up doping violations."
Lance Armstrong could face lifetime ban, loss of titles - CNN.com

"Armstrong insisted his decision is not an admission of drug use, but a refusal to enter an arbitration process he believes is improper and unfair to athletes facing charges. 'USADA cannot assert control of a professional international sport and attempt to strip my seven Tour de France titles,' he said. 'I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours."
Read more: Lance Armstrong banned from cycling for life and stripped of Tour de France titles | Mail Online

He always seemed like a turd, but he did do great things for cancer research and awareness.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:38 AM

31,040 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
over 500 drug test and he never failed one.

you may wanna check your mirror for the turd...
^^^^
Eggzactly!

Lets say he did dope and so did the next 25 positions. Do they just hand victory it to the next Doper??

Lance Armstrong was the best thing that has happened to Bicycle racing in the last 100 years. His story has it all: 'Over coming adversity, Fame, fortune and intrigue'.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
This discussion should probably be moved over to the sports forum.

Anyway, I'm with Armstrong ... at the moment. I think he's raised questions about the process and politics of the sport which he's embroiled in sufficient to question the integrity/purpose of the pursuit. Whatever these organizations do, I still consider him the champion and someone who's used his life to enrich the lives of millions of other people.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:57 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
His ex-team mates have everything to gain and nothing to lose out of accusing him.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:01 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
He always seemed like a turd, but he did do great things for cancer research and awareness.
Referring to Lance Armstrong as a "turd" is about as low as a person can get.

I would NEGATIVE rep you ... if it were possible.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:58 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Referring to Lance Armstrong as a "turd" is about as low as a person can get.

I would NEGATIVE rep you ... if it were possible.
You can bet your last dollar that poster called him that because of his political leanings and nothing more. That's how they roll.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:00 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
I think it is likely that armstrong doped somewhere along the way but he did pass a huge battery of drug tests.

I am somewhat suspicious because the French in particular have had it in for him for a loooooong time. Numerous charges and attempts to "nail him" have been made over the years so frankly I have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies