Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the government control the sale of machine guns
No, guns should be available to the average citizen 66 51.56%
Yes, machine guns should not be accessible to citizens 62 48.44%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:57 PM

46,671 posts, read 27,527,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
All I did was ask a question, made no statement.

If the questions make you uncomfortable go to another thread and troll elsewhere.
What? I have answered your question, while schooling you at the same time.

I never said you made a statement, let me refresh your memory, cause it seems to be a little off...
Quote:
Becuase your question is 1 sided and ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
OP changed the wording once myself and chucknsee edumicated him. The original title was "how owning AK-47''s and other machine guns be legal?"

It got caught and corrected - and now those who arrived late think that we are nitpicking - when the truth is that OP displayed ignorance about the topic early on.
They won't believe you! Even though you are correct....

Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,112,237 times
Hell yes they should, gonna go out back and shoot mine with my 75 round drum at all my old Illannoy license plates

Hopefully I'll be able to hit em with my POS WASR 10 and old combloc surplus

Last edited by Earlyretired; 07-31-2012 at 06:42 PM..

Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,104,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Hell yes they should, gonna go out back and shoot mine with my 75 round drum at all my old Illannoy license plates

Hopefully I'll be able to hit em with my POS WASR 10 and old combloc surplus
I wish I could help ya, and I feel bad you suffer with a Wasr 10........ Just think if you had coin before Bill Clinton was a wet dream you could have had real Ak's for a song..... I recall in the early 90's these were selling for 100 bucks.... maybe less.

I didn't buy any till after 911...... So I felt the sting too.........

Old 07-31-2012, 07:28 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,359,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
SF you should be a news anchor for msn....
Don't take this as a personal attack but it has gotta suck to be you...
\me I am 60 years old and play as hard as i work. I ride a heavy cruise with my wife almost all I want less my back.

I go shoot my Ak, 30-30 and flinters any time it pleases me and all I have to do is walk to the field out back. I see moose deer turkey and bear regular.

When we came here we tore down all the No tresspassing signs and could give a hoot who ever so walks over this land.

All I ask is no trash and no improper defication... You modern people don't even know how to chit in the woods! A lesson dig a hold 4 to 6 inches deep and cover the blasted hole! House cats can be smarter.

I don't even own a cell phone much less a smart phone and it surprises me that modern people like a phone smarter than they are.

Yiou can continue to whine, but know i will just be shooting my AK-47, and no bans will come ever and that my 3 year old grandson will be shooting gramps guns soon enough.. And my muskets.
9,000 posts in two years and you rail against modern technology and call me the "modern man". if it sucks for anyone, it sucks for you

WTF??

Roughing it, on the intenets

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 07-31-2012 at 08:34 PM..

Old 07-31-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
9,000 posts in two years and you rail against modern technology and call me the "modern man".

WTF??

Roughing it, on the intenets
.................and yet...................still nothing to back this thread...

Old 07-31-2012, 07:43 PM

33,639 posts, read 18,400,991 times
My neighbors are arming themselves like never before. With the world changing so quickly for the worse many want to have plenty of guns on hand.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:46 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,359,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
My neighbors are arming themselves like never before. With the world changing so quickly for the worse many want to have plenty of guns on hand.
I know a paranoid single guy who owns at least 5 guns waiting for the next riot. You only have two hands, if you get attacked, what is the point of having 5 guns, unless you are an octopus. Now if you are collector that is one thing, but to say you need 5 + for protection makes no sense.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,112,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I wish I could help ya, and I feel bad you suffer with a Wasr 10........ Just think if you had coin before Bill Clinton was a wet dream you could have had real Ak's for a song..... I recall in the early 90's these were selling for 100 bucks.... maybe less.

I didn't buy any till after 911...... So I felt the sting too.........
Well I have a Romanian SKS and I had a lot of ammo for it so I picked up the WASR 10 cheap, it's a lot of fun

It's very reliable and that 75 round drum never malfunctions, but it's not very accurate compared to my good stuff, for close work though It would be just fine...

Too bad those surplus rounds cant be reloaded though...

The little AR15 is a mouse gun, accurate but my 11 year old niece wont ever give it back to me when she's here

Now .308 is a different story...

Old 07-31-2012, 07:49 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,554,891 times
Quote:
I know a paranoid single guy who owns at least 5 guns waiting for the next riot. You only have two hands, if you get attacked, what is the point of having 5 guns, unless you are an octopus. Now if you are collector that is one thing, but to say you need 5 + for protection makes no sense.

Survival rule number 1.

If you have 1 thing, you have none. If you have two, you have 1.

Prepare for the possibility of loss of weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies