Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the government control the sale of machine guns
No, guns should be available to the average citizen 66 51.56%
Yes, machine guns should not be accessible to citizens 62 48.44%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It has can have over 30 rounds, 40 rounds maybe even 100 rounds, if you are a bad shot you will have many opportunities. Fits the category of a recreational gun to some, go figure.

It's a hoot to shoot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It has can have over 30 rounds, 40 rounds maybe even 100 rounds, if you are a bad shot you will have many opportunities. Fits the category of a recreational gun to some, go figure.
As a matter of fact yes, they may be employed in recreational use as well.

USPSA Media Photos - United States Practical Shooting Association

http://3gunnation.com/assets/matches..._header3_1.jpg

http://www.teamblackrainordnance.com/Sandara_rifle.jpg

Recreational use has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:10 PM

455 posts, read 652,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Because I am an American & its my second amendment right.
Thats what makes America different than the rest of the world.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,264,602 times
I wish to have my own W54.

It is portable, personal, and I can carry it on my back so it can be considered a personal arm.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
The purpose of the car was for transportation not to kill. Do you know that? The purpose of a house is to provide shelter. Do you know that? A gun was created for the purpose of warfare and defense. A handgun can provide all the defense an average joe or jane needs to protect him/herself.

A cardboard box?? LOL! Go ahead and live in one. How does a cardboard box protect you from the elements?? cold/hot weather, rain, snow, sleet, etc?? Can you hook up a stove and bathroom unit to your cardboard box?? bad comparison... you LOSE (not loose)
ya got me on the speelin' thang. I am dyslexic.... it happens...

A hand gun is only for we can't carry a rifle! The hand gun is for going to get that rifle.... geeze..

The Ak is no different than a Ruger 10/22 which is a .22 cal rifle, and ther AK is a semi auto just like that Ruger but in 7.62 metric for .30 cal, and our .308 is akin to 7.62x51 NATO and the 1903 Springfield or 03 Spring field is 7.62x63 or 30-06 or thutty O 6 and anyone can get any of these in semi auto or self loading forms...

Oddly the super killer AK is very close to the Winchester 30-30 just about the same foot pound of energy but will a smaller case, and a lighter bullet.. These make good deer hunting guns.

If you anything about the win 30-30, you know it is a short to mid range catridge, and no high power round at all...

Why I owned 3 and now 2 is because of the whiners! I had 0 interest untill one too many whines came on the tv... before that I was happy with old blue steel and real walnut guns, bolts levers pumps and etc plus real nice flintlocks.

It's you gun banners that drove me to buyin Ak's... When i find out what the next evil gun will be i will buy as many as i can. My wife likes shooting them too.

My wife and lived in a tee pee for 3 winters straight, didn't mind -40 a bit.

Man has alway made weapons... Every last one was made to kill another man.... When man stops killing other men, I will be the last to lay down my weapons.... let me know when that happens ok?

On Edit: I see you made mention of cops having some need of the Ak and other weapons. Cops are the last people to need weapons, all they need is a pen and a pad....

By the time cops shopw up the deal is over or they hide behind sapling trees.... waiting for things to be over. The Hell with that ...

Old 08-01-2012, 03:12 PM

455 posts, read 652,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
First off - an AK-47 is not an "assault weapon" - it is a semi-automatic rifle.

Think about the term "assault weapon" - your fist can be used as a weapon. If you use it in any other manner except for self defense - you are assaulting someone(or something). Therefore - unless you have had your hands(or several fingers) amputated - you carry an assault weapon with you everywhere you go.

When you use the loaded term "assault weapon" in terms of certain firearms - you are just buying into the anti-gun propaganda.

You seem to make a distinction between "average citizens" and military and law enforcement personnel.

Why?

As for your question - there are many reasons to own an AK-47 besides protecting oneself - as for why I might choose to own an AK-47 for that purpose - it is because it has a reputation as a reliable and effective rifle.
LOL! You are ridiculous. Hands were not created for the sole purpose of destruction. What about kicks? LOL. A gun, a semi-automatic, full automatic, etc was created for the purpose to kill, defend or disable. Military and police dept should use weapons to kill and disable. IMO, regular janes and joes should use weapons that disable or defend. A regular handgun should and can do the job.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:15 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,530 times
Actualy Kal , an ar 15 was designed to wound , not kill.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:23 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
An AK47 is an assualt weapon. Ordinary person = average citizen. Assault weapons should be used in warfare and by police dept/swat, etc.

Please tell me why you need to have an AK-47 to protect yourself!
BY who's standards? Yours? Now that's laughable!

Quote:
A car is a means of transportation. A house is a source of shelter of the elements. An AK47 is an over the top weapon for an ordinary person to have. So let's sell bazookas, grenades, nuclear weapons to ordinary folks so they can feel protected.
Again....HAhaaaaa over the top.....not knowing (or following the leftist lemur memo) what an assault rifle is, does not make it over the top.

Quote:
Should people have the right to bear arms? Yes but nothing extreme. A handgun will do the same damage.
Nope, only if that hand gun is the same caliber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Many people have never seen the results of a shotgun blast to the face, I guess they can't call it hideous, using your stupid logic.
You would be right, if that is what he said.....however, he never stated that he had seen a shotgun blast to the face.....he said guns were repulsive....

Quote:
Just two, a car and a bike. I could understand someone owning two different types of guns, such as a rifle and a handgun, but 5 guns out of fear???? I dunno, if you don't have enough time to reload and you need at least 5 guns, then you are screwed, one more gun isn't going to matter.
WHy do lefties always play the "fear" card...I have more than 5 guns, and it is not because of fear, and definitely small penis envy....it's a life ling investment...something you may never figure out....

Quote:
If you read my post you would see that his paranoia was the reason for his gun stockpiling, not the other way around. Let me break it down for you. I called him paranoid because he thinks a civil war can break out any minute, not because he bought 5 guns.
So, you say he was paranoid.....so you are right....where your PHD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes, owning AK-47's should be legal.

I do question military style machine guns. I'm not so sure ownership of machine guns should be made legal. What a quandary.
No quandary, for a person who obeys the laws.....you jump through the hoops, you get the machine gun...

Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
LOL! You are ridiculous. Hands were not created for the sole purpose of destruction. What about kicks? LOL. A gun, a semi-automatic, full automatic, etc was created for the purpose to kill, defend or disable. Military and police dept should use weapons to kill and disable. IMO, regular janes and joes should use weapons that disable or defend. A regular handgun should and can do the job.
I am wiling to bet any amount of money you would care to lose that if i pointed a .22 rifle in your face, that you would be as scared if it were my Ak-47..

Who says you can't defend yourself with an AK?

Usually and i have used either my .45 Govt modle or a 12 ga, but the Ak sure would do the job.

The first time i used a gun to defend myself was in the White Mountains.... I was wearing hiking boots made by Limmers, shorts a tee shirt and a pack made by Jerry. This was just one of many packs I owned.. I used this one because I had cut out 2 floors in sections to be able to pack my infant son apx 3 years old, and have the bottom compatment for food.

At the hight of land over looking the Pemi were 8 side walk commandos... Bikers with no bikes..

I knodded my head and passed on by when one got up and said "That kid will look a lot better with his head smashed on that tree!"

I turned and locked my eyes on his, and motioned for my Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 mag. it was in a shoulder holster and for bear, wolf and big cats...

That bad guy peed his pants... and I left going the way I had been going.... I never said one word and I never touched the gun.......

I was sweating bullets myself..... There were 8 of them and I had only the 5 bullets in the gun....

I fixed that notion....

Old 08-01-2012, 03:29 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
The purpose of the car was for transportation not to kill. Do you know that? The purpose of a house is to provide shelter. Do you know that? A gun was created for the purpose of warfare and defense. A handgun can provide all the defense an average joe or jane needs to protect him/herself.

A cardboard box?? LOL! Go ahead and live in one. How does a cardboard box protect you from the elements?? cold/hot weather, rain, snow, sleet, etc?? Can you hook up a stove and bathroom unit to your cardboard box?? bad comparison... you LOSE (not loose)
You complain about proper English...and you cannot even do it yourself, "Joe or Jane" should be capitalized and you forgot the period at the end of your second paragraph.....The word "bad" should also be capitalized.

So the only failure is you, who cannot give a respectable response, and must resort to English errors in the other persons post......

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies