Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,734,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So now defending one's self from unwanted sexual advances bordering on sexual assault by a homosexual is unacceptable and deemed "homophobic"? Seriously?
No. That statement is exactly the reaction I expected from the anti-gay crowd, unfortunately. The vast majority of people are sympathetic with Will Smith's actions, including homosexuals. Take a look at some gay news websites like the one I cited. (And don't worry, it won't turn you into a homosexual.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 03:00 PM

3,923 posts, read 9,156,331 times
It looked more like he was kissing him on both cheeks, like the French custom (or the stereotypical French custom. I don't know if it's actually true).

In any case, as Will Smith said "He's lucky I didn't sucker-punch him". A random person walks up to me and kisses me, and I'm going to push back. Depending on the strength of the person will determine exactly how hard (obviously, I'd be more gentle on a female who's half my size than a male who's twice my size).

Well, maybe if the girl was good-looking, I wouldn't resist. (Seriously, even if the girl was good-looking, my first instinct would probably still be to push her off me. Whether or not I'd act on that instinct remains to be seen.)

Old 05-20-2012, 03:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,488,909 times
And besides who knows where other people's mouths have been. You do not go up to someone you do not know, and just start planting kisses on them.

And besides a kiss on the mouth from someone you do not know, that was a bit forward thinking on the part of this person.
This does not have anything to do with being a homophobic, man or women, not knowing the person, or where those lips have been, don't want them planting kisses on your mouth.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,959,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're saying that straight guys are unable to control themselves from committing physical violence against men who flirt with them? Give me a break.
flirting is one thing, as that does not include intimate contact. kissing on the other hand, when forced upon another without permission, is an assault and deserves to be treated as such. instead of slapping the guys face, smith should have punched him in the throat.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:12 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,387,431 times
He Let him off easy.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:25 AM

1 posts, read 408 times
Did Will have to 'slap' him, no. Was it even a 'slap,' perhaps. Did he 'deserve' to be slapped . . . yes. I don't kiss my friends on the mouth. Why should anyone be expected to kiss a stranger on the mouth, regardless of their sex or sexual orientation. This coming from a gay man.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:33 AM

9,159 posts, read 5,833,341 times
Quote:
Boy, you're assuming a lot. I don't think that reporter is even gay. He's just a character whose shtick is to go up to celebrities and try to kiss them.

And you think trying to kiss someone is a "sexual assault"? LOL!
It's called "unwanted touching" and it is assault.
Ya don't just go up to a stranger and try to kiss them on the mouth.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:48 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,712,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL. If Limbaugh had done that you left handers would have screamed homophobe to the heavens until your heads popped off.
And that's the truth.

They'd be screaming and stomping their little feet about that homophobe Rush from here through eternity. And their little heads would explode.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:49 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,675,870 times
No idea whether Will Smith is a closet Homophobe or not but all I know is that is should ANYONE I do not want to be kissed by who tried to kiss me on the mouth ( whether a woman or a man - I am a woman myself) would also end up receiving the sharp end of my hand.

This has nothing to do with being a Homophobe but about personal space, someone being incredibly rude to you and it is a form of assault regardless of your sexuality. I also think the surprise and shock of someone trying to kiss you would give you an instant reflex.

To imply any form of homophobia out of this perfectly natural and normal reaction to unwanted and unasked for sexual advances is simply absurd and utterly disingenuous.

Some people are really clutching at straws to justify their hatred .

Old 05-29-2012, 06:12 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,493,550 times
Quote:
Boy, you're assuming a lot. I don't think that reporter is even gay. He's just a character whose shtick is to go up to celebrities and try to kiss them.

And you think trying to kiss someone is a "sexual assault"? LOL!
Um, yes. How is it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies