Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:59 PM

475 posts, read 510,031 times

Advertisements

Im a gay guy and i dont find this homophobic. I would react the same way if someone i dont know want to kiss me. The reporter was out of place, that was just rude. Doesnt have to do anything with "Hollywood".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 06:16 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,035,418 times
So now defending one's self from unwanted sexual advances bordering on sexual assault by a homosexual is unacceptable and deemed "homophobic"? Seriously?

Old 05-19-2012, 06:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,734,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
No. I am not saying a person should try to cause "brain damage" or seriously injure someone else for coming on to them, gay or not. But, if a guy came on to a girl in a bar, she might be expected to slap him. But guys usually don't slap; they punch. So, if now we are going to see more of guys coming on to guys, not knowing if they are straight or gay, what's gonna happen? If a guy responds like a girl to obnoxious advances, they probably aren't going to "slap", they are going to punch. Reflexive response. If the guy falls back and hits his head as happened in the story I referred to, well you end up with two perhaps unintentional lost lives.
You're saying that straight guys are unable to control themselves from committing physical violence against men who flirt with them? Give me a break.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:51 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,645,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're saying that straight guys are unable to control themselves from committing physical violence against men who flirt with them? Give me a break.
Hey, the gay dude in the story is the one who apparently couldn't control his urges and sexually assaulted another guy and when Will struck back, he was called "Homophobic?" Seriously?

Old 05-19-2012, 06:54 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,517,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Will Smith slapped a man for trying to kiss him on the mouth while in France.

It seems Hollywood would be the last place you would find Homophobia, especially regarding Obama's recent evololution on homosexuality.

Any thoughts?

Will Smith Slaps Reporter For Trying To Kiss Him In The Mouth At The MIB 3 Red Carpet! - YouTube
A ridiculous discussion. One which starts with ignorance, including ignorance of the incident.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,290,975 times
Another stretch.

There was a rope line for the press. The unwritten rule is you don't cross over it or reach over it to touch the celeb. (One reason is you are going to ruin someone's shot.) This guy broke the rules.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:03 PM

10,448 posts, read 12,493,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So now defending one's self from unwanted sexual advances bordering on sexual assault by a homosexual is unacceptable and deemed "homophobic"? Seriously?
Only by the OP. If you read several gay posters' responses, you'll see that many gay folks actually agree with Will Smith.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:09 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,442,456 times
If a man walked up to a random woman and tried kissing her there is a good chance he'd end up a registered sex offender.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:13 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,583,581 times
I have no problem with what Will did. I'm gay myself. Personal space, Personal space.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,734,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Hey, the gay dude in the story is the one who apparently couldn't control his urges and sexually assaulted another guy and when Will struck back, he was called "Homophobic?" Seriously?
Boy, you're assuming a lot. I don't think that reporter is even gay. He's just a character whose shtick is to go up to celebrities and try to kiss them.

And you think trying to kiss someone is a "sexual assault"? LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies