Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,509,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Since it doesnt say that, I guess you just spent pages along with Historian, telling me how this was relevant and important, and now admitting that it means nothing.
correct in the sense that neither a spouse's or parent's citizenship affects a person's NBC status.

but i still contend, from my original post, that a branch of the birthers insist that obama is ineligible due to the fact that he had dual-citizenship. now that bachmann maintains dual-citizenship she is absolutely relevant in that debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Minter View Post
The 3 judges erred in that decision. They had it wrong.
and that decision has been concurred with by multiple judges in the ballot challenges.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,262,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Wrong.

More than hundred have been thrown out of court, but at least a dozen have not. They were decided on their merits after the Birthers got to present their entire cases. All of them have declared Obama a natural born citizen and eligible for the Presidency. I'm happy to provide the case citations if you want them.
I dont give a rats ass about them, you are the one that seems so preocuppied with them and want to turn everything into a birther issue.
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? Please... try to keep track of your own arguments. You are confusing completely different things.

I said you were being stupid for insisting against all common knowledge that this has "nothing to do with Birthism." Your repeated Birther arguments alone prove the assertion to be false.
Wrong, You better seek some medication for that short term memory loss of yours because I said this
Quote:
This has nothing to do with the birther movement,
Quote:
Don't be stupid. It has everything to do with the Birther movement.
And then you go on to sight court cases showing that Obama is qualified despite once holding dual citizen stats, so what exactly, does this change? Does Obama get special treatment and Bachmann doesnt?

YOU are the one who turned this into a birther issue, despite the fact that numerous presidents had dual citizen status, and her obtaining one doesnt change where she was born. Remember this posting?
Quote:
Ignoring that there is a rather significant difference between automatic dual citizenship (a la Obama) and the deliberate pursuit of dual citizenship (a la Bachmann) this is one where the left is mostly going to take a step back and chuckle at the inevitable hypocrisy of the Birthers that will be coming down in 3... 2... 1...

YOU turned it into a birther movement and it again, has absolutely positively not a dam thing to do with it.

Whats this hangup you have with the birther movement that you want to turn everything into one, and then provide evidence that you are wrong. Thats a really odd way of having an adult conversation and I suggest a therapist might help you deal with that anxiety.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,117,086 times
Quote:
Those judges also have erred due to political correctness.
Well, you know how the common law works, right? So now its the law.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Those judges also have erred due to political correctness.
"Therefore every person born within the United States, its territories or districts, whether the parents are citizens or aliens, is a natural born citizen in the sense of the constitution, and entitled to all the rights and privileges."

A View of the Constitution of the United States of America - William Rawle - Google Books

"political correctness" ?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
nothing, thats historians way of calling you stupid, just like he does with so many others here.
No it's not. It's my way of calling him Darryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
I find it terribly odd that those who are so against the birther movement, are the very ones who now claim this somehow means something because it doesnt.
Your confusion is deeper than it appeared at first glance. We have always insisted dual citizenship means nothing. We still do.

We are merely enjoying the quandary this puts you Birthers in.

That's all.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Actually, you are the one who introduced the Birther issue in to this thread when you whined that "Obama himself held dual citizenshps until he was 18, and the left defended that to no end, now all of a sudden they have issue with it."

That was a direct reference to the Birther issue... and as we saw, the Birthers even created a three brand new sock puppets just to Birf in this thread.

So, as I said... don't be stupid.
Saying Obama had dual citizenship status is a FACT, and that doesnt turn it into a birther issue because OTHER PRESIDENT ALSO held dual citizenship status. Looks like you are the oine being stupid

Old 05-09-2012, 03:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,307,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Why? Aren't you happy in the greatest country in the history of the world?
I'm always happy. And there is nothing about my present location that makes me unhappy...that's for sure. Doesn't get much better than Arizona....or America for the most part.

Still though, it's Switzerland. There or here? Pffffft....that's a no brainer.

Greatest country in the history of the world? Meh...i don't know about that. I don't buy it. It's a great country, but i won't get carried away.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I said Obama held dual citizenship status and that this was no big deal.
No... you whined about leftists defending him for it. When have they ever defended him for it outside of the Birther issue?

It should be clear to you by now we are not the idiots you hoped when you introduced the issue. Why do you persist?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
If you didn't want the label you shouldn't have joined the cause.
I didnt join the cause, and you claiming I have, doenst make it so, just like you claiming this is important, doesnt make it so. Why arent you embarassed to be so wrong all the time?
Quote:
Because the claim that dual citizens cannot be natural born citizens is one of the 5 primary arguments of the Birther movement.
I dont give a rats ass what their arguments are, and since everyone of them have gone down in flames, I find you now pretending they hold relevance utterly embarassing for you.
Quote:
Since so many Birthers also adored Michelle Bachmann, this causes a bit of a problem for them.

Of course, you already knew this. But you were just being stupid.
Why, does this change Bachmanns location of birth? YOU SAID the birthermovement revolves around where someone was born.

Enjoy your toss, I warned you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies