Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,581,208 times

Advertisements

Bachmann: Obamacare ‘literally kills’ people

"Because we’re saying let’s repeal this failure before it literally kills women, kills children, kills senior citizens"

Perhaps the pages are printed with poisonous ink?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 PM

45,270 posts, read 26,526,559 times
Im reminded of a statement Alan Greyson (D) made when he claimed the republican health care plan was to "don't get sick", and "if you do get sick, die quickly".

Old 03-21-2013, 08:00 PM

26,583 posts, read 15,153,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post

"Because we’re saying let’s repeal this failure before it literally kills women, kills children, kills senior citizens"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Im reminded of a statement Alan Greyson (D) made when he claimed the republican health care plan was to "don't get sick", and "if you do get sick, die quickly".
Yes, it is too bad that both sides have lied so much about health care to confuse the public.

Even the president has lied, he lied about his mom's fight with an insurance company in the hospital to prove a political point, he flip flopped on an individual mandate being foolish, he distorted the true costs of his program etc...

‘The Road We’ve Traveled:’ A misleading account of Obama’s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post

Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,727,653 times
Quote:

If it is anything like Medicare and what my dad went through after he turned 70, I believe she is right.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,472,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes, it is too bad that both sides have lied so much about health care to confuse the public.

Even the president has lied, he lied about his mom's fight with an insurance company in the hospital to prove a political point, he flip flopped on an individual mandate being foolish, he distorted the true costs of his program etc...

‘The Road We’ve Traveled:’ A misleading account of Obama’s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post
I wouldn't say "even" the President has lied. I would say "especially" the President has lied. Do "the individual mandate is not a tax", "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor", "this bill will lower costs", "this bill will not add to the deficit" ring any bells? "Even" the President lied about it makes it sound like that was somehow exceptional. It wasn't. He systematically lied about it throughout the process of getting it enacted.

As far as Obamacare killing people, it is a possibility. I don't think it is going to kill many people, but I wouldn't be surprised if some deaths do result from it. Not right away, but down the line if we end up with a shortage of medical workers or end up with bureaucrats denying services to cut costs.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:09 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,132,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If it is anything like Medicare and what my dad went through after he turned 70, I believe she is right.
Well why didn't your dad work hard, save up, and take personal responsibility for his life so he wouldn't rely on the govt......

Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I wouldn't say "even" the President has lied. I would say "especially" the President has lied. Do "the individual mandate is not a tax", "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor", "this bill will lower costs", "this bill will not add to the deficit" ring any bells? "Even" the President lied about it makes it sound like that was somehow exceptional. It wasn't. He systematically lied about it throughout the process of getting it enacted.

As far as Obamacare killing people, it is a possibility. I don't think it is going to kill many people, but I wouldn't be surprised if some deaths do result from it. Not right away, but down the line if we end up with a shortage of medical workers or end up with bureaucrats denying services to cut costs.
LOLZ. And people haven't died from private insurance.....

Geeze. Wake up.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,666,312 times
Quote:

She's just mad because some previously uninsurable lazy worthless sick people might get health care. It's downright un-American!

Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,472,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOLZ. And people haven't died from private insurance.....

Geeze. Wake up.
I don't need to wake up. Does saying deaths will result from Obamacare constitute saying deaths have not resulted from private insurance? No, it does not. Apply some logic before getting all condescending.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I don't need to wake up. Does saying deaths will result from Obamacare constitute saying deaths have not resulted from private insurance? No, it does not. Apply some logic before getting all condescending.
Well perhaps you should have researched further before making comments on Obamacare and it would have saved you condescension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies