Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 06:34 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,149,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
regardless, still terrorists...if they planned to blow up a bridge????
Exactly right.

Anyone who plans to blow something up and, as a result, hurt people is a terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 AM

17,412 posts, read 12,022,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
San Diego Tea Party Leader Arrested On Kidnapping, Rape Charges | Addicting Info

David Hawk: Tennessee Tea Party Leader, Arrested For Domestic Violence | Lez Get Real

Do the actions of a few, discredit the motives of the whole? I think not. If that was the case, ALL OF YOU DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS responsible for the actions of your party leaders.
Nice try, but a complete FAIL. Those are individuals that committed crimes. NOT an organized act of domestic terrorism.

If we're going to include these types of things with regards to OWS, they would trump these 2 pathetic examples.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
They are radical lefties. This is what the left has become.
Become? They've always taken the violent route. But you can't blame these guys. They looked at Bill Ayers, and figured they could bomb a few buildings, then look forward to a future in academia, and will be BFF's with a future president.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,154,956 times
The people who perpetrate the violence in the OWS are self-proclaimed black bandana anarchists, and not a part of the OWS movement.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:25 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,482,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You can swoon away all you like for your hero clad in red. It doesn't cover up the truth. His army of communists are making hay today not as much as they'd like of course. Don't worry it will get worse with your man looking on over what's left of the country and nodding his head in approval. The destruction of the country was his mission and it's a mission well done up to this point with the useful idiots following along like always.
So... Not a single rebuttal to anything I said. Just more insults, more wild claims, and more blanket statements. I feel like I wrote a very fair and accurate depiction of possible scenarios without praising Obama or bashing his predecessor. I gave every opportunity and afforded the mental faculties to you to make a serious, intellectual response. You came back with the intellectual equivalent of "President Obama is a poo-poo head and you like poo-poo heads."

Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The people who perpetrate the violence in the OWS are self-proclaimed black bandana anarchists, and not a part of the OWS movement.
No, they were most definitely PART of the OWS movement. Attended meetings. Attended events. Were spokespeople.

Care to try again?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:01 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,998,901 times
Default Anarchists "Occupy" terrorist plot stopped by FBI

First and foremost, I am NOT A CONSERVATIVE OR A LIBERAL. I'm a centrist...which means nobody likes me

When Occupy first started, I was agreeing with a lot of what some of them were saying (reinstate Glass-Steagall, End Corporate Personhood etc) but then it turned into an orgy of shattered windows, dirty hippies and communist minded fools. Now, several of these people have just been stopped as they TRIED TO BLOW UP A BRIDGE!

OpEdNews - Article: FBI Supplied the Anarchist "Terrorists" Arrested in May Day Plot

I do hope the media covers this thoroughly, but I doubt it. Be they right-wing, Neo-Nazi types or now anarchists, the media is hesitant to label good 'ol American boys as "terrorists" and have a hard time depicting anyone without a funny sounding name and a headscarf as a terrorist.

Anyway, I am DONE saying anything remotely good about the Occupy "movement." They are nothing but a bunch of thugs and hooligans...they RIOTED here in Seattle the other day, and then have the nerve to complain about "police oppression" after they smashed windows and people's cars

I am no fan of the Tea Party, but even I have to admit that at least they never broke things or tried to kill innocent civilians.

Occupy is now officially worthless, and after they have been connected to TERRORISM I sincerely doubt anyone can justify supporting this "movement" any longer.

From now on, I'm rooting for the cops

Old 05-02-2012, 05:26 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,920,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
First and foremost, I am NOT A CONSERVATIVE OR A LIBERAL. I'm a centrist...which means nobody likes me
Being a centrist does not withold you from any criticism.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:29 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,081,612 times
The occupy folks are actually the ones who tipped off the FBI when the group complained about their non-violent protests.

Might want to do more research on your subject before you start the demonization.

I am not a fan of occupy protestors, but I am even less of a fan of liars and the willfully ignorant.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,809,292 times
Our official policy is to turn away scientists to make room for illiterate Pakistani peasants who will drop out of high school to man coffee carts until deciding to plot a terrorist attack against the United States. That’s this week’s immigration poster boy, Najibullah Zazi.

Zazi’s own step-uncle said of him: “He was a dumb kid, believe me.” Our immigration officials said, WELCOME, ZAZI! … Oops, sorry Swedish scientists and nuclear engineers – no room for you.

In February, Zazi pleaded guilty in a plot to bomb the New York City subway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies