Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 04:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,182,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Seriously??? Seriously??? Seriously???

I'll never understand why people make such profanely ridiculous statements about political figureheads they don't happen to like. You don't have to like Obama and I'm not asking you to like him. You don't have to agree with a single one of his policies. I'm not asking you to agree with any of them.

But, think about what you're saying for a second... Let's break your statements down bit by bit to get a taste of the irrational:

To date, Obama is responsible for more deaths of high-ranking Al-Qaeda members in three years than Bush was during his entire Presidency. That, of course, may be attributed to a number of things. It could mean that Bush's plan was a non-linear one, where maybe we killed or captured a few terrorists per month and then towards the 7 or 8 year mark we had an exponential rise. That may not have been an intended consequence of the plan but maybe that's how it worked out. And, maybe Obama took over as that plan was starting to peak out and so Obama was able to take responsibility for a number of the kills or captures.

Regardless of whatever your feelings are, that's a pretty fair sentiment to make, don't you think? The key here is that if that's what happened, then it was either up to Obama to change things when he took office or to keep them the same.

And, wouldn't you know it, this was all over the news the past week or two:

Obama's Anti-Terror Program is More or Less Bush's.

There have been several people, probably a little more left-leaning than others, who claim that Obama's anti-terror policies are better/harsher than Bush's. I suppose that's possible but let's say, for the sake of argument, that they're approximately equal to one another.

That brings us back to your original statement. Did Bush's policies coddle terrorists? Because his policies are more or less Obama's policies. In fact, Obama has taken a lot of heat over this and rightfully so. But, not for the reasons you suggest. A lot of the heat directed towards him is coming from not having closed down "Gitmo," for not having a timetable really set up to get out of Afghanistan, and for bombing Pakistani neighborhoods to smithereens.

Obama has sent SEAL teams to take out Somali pirates, Osama bin Laden, and he is quasi-responsible for assisting the Libyan rebels in overthrowing Gaddafi and his subsequent death.

So, no, I really don't think terrorists are being "coddled" under his administration.

So, let me get this straight... After making an arrest like this, the FBI is going to call Obama directly and ask, "Hey boss, what are we going to do with these five troublemakers who were planning to blow up the bridge?" Obama is going to say, "Well, I'm sure they were good kids just out to raise a little trouble and meant no real harm. Slap them on the wrists and send them back out on the street."

A week from now, these guys will be walking the street. If that's how you think our justice system works, you're sorely mistaken.

It is true that ultimately the FBI and other investigatory agencies do work for Obama. Other than an outright pardon, the President doesn't really have a lot of say in the judicial process of these guys. They were charged with their crimes already, they'll go to a judge and jury and they'll be tried. The Administration really won't have a lot, if anything, to do with it.

Saying they do is like saying Bill Clinton was behind the execution of Timothy McVeigh. Not true. He was only president during the OKC bombings - and, yeah, he may have condemned it but he wasn't the one who tried him, found him guilty, and sentenced him to death.

He's on record as supporting the Occupy Wall Street movement but not a bunch of anarchists plotting to blow up a bridge and potentially murdering a bunch of people. There is a tremendous difference and equating every member of the Occupy Wall Street movement to anarchist terrorists is simply a false equivalency. One could say that every Tea Party member is a gun-toting, Bible-thumping redneck with half a brain because of what goes on at their rallies. It doesn't make a lot of sense to cast a blanket like that on a group of people because all it does is equate them with a severe form of negativity and, thus, anything (even if it's actually productive) can turn into a bad idea. That's the exact poison floating around our Congressional halls right now.

Really? What does their chain of command look like? How many times have they deployed to a hostile zone under heavy fire? How many times have they been sent in to take care of some truly dastardly people so that we don't have to watch buildings burn and people die on the news in any of our major cities?

Calling them his army is a disgrace to the Army itself. They have little leadership, no real movement other than a disdain for the top 1%, and you have the audacity to call them an 'army?' Maybe they're like the hippies of the 60's. Were they Johnson and Nixon's army or were they just a large following of people more into counter-culture movements and rebellion than political gain?

Your attitude and your logic are the very poison that is sweeping through the political field in this country. Instead of making statements of gross exaggeration and illogical distaste, why not simply use a more logical form of criticism and hone the arguments you'd like to make. It's so much easier to call Obama a "stupid fathead" like some third-grade playground argument than it is to really criticize him. But, he's not without criticism and truly justifiable criticism is healthy. Simply sitting here and calling him names and trying to attach ridiculous labels to him is childish and stupid.
You can swoon away all you like for your hero clad in red. It doesn't cover up the truth. His army of communists are making hay today not as much as they'd like of course. Don't worry it will get worse with your man looking on over what's left of the country and nodding his head in approval. The destruction of the country was his mission and it's a mission well done up to this point with the useful idiots following along like always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,350,659 times
When people go for other people's property you defend with deadly force if need be IMO.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,224,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Send in more undercover FBI agents into the Occupy Wall Street movement and investigate anybody friendly with them. Put them on a watch and no fly list. And do we REALLY want those radicals hanging around the new Freedom Tower in NYC?
Are you really trying to call the Occupy group terrorist?? Do you work for some PR firm or for the government?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:01 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,875,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Are you really trying to call the Occupy group terrorist?? Do you work for some PR firm or for the government?
I'm calling them terrorists and I don't work for the Government.

(But I did stay at a Holiday Inn once)

Old 05-01-2012, 06:02 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,224,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Anarchists, OWS, lazy whiny violent brats , I don't care! If you decide to blow something up, and as a result hurt many people, to prove a point you are crazy and should be removed from society.

Are you defending these people?

In Chicago or Thurmont, MD (near Camp David where the G8 has decided to move)?

My family and I are going out of town regardless. They established that this morning.
I don't think many will take up for lazy whiny violent brats, or anarchist. There are some who understand what your trying to do and can see beyond it.

The Occupy Movement is not a terrorist movement. Just stop lying. Or better yet, quit being asanine.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 PM

20,739 posts, read 19,553,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Must really suck for liberals to find they have terrorists within their ranks.

Read the status for I am neither a liberal or a conservative by today's measure, but give me a break. McVeigh in this country and Breivik in Norway can be classified as lunatics on the right if you choose to follow that false dichotomy.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 PM

24,570 posts, read 23,353,798 times
The Top Ten Non Reported News Items Of This Story.
10.One of the OWS terrorists took a dump IN a police car, not on it.
9.White terrorists, is that anything like a white hispanic?
8. Their motives: We need to rebuild our infrastructure so we have more to blow up.
7. Eric Holder suggested giving the anarchists real explosives but was talked out of it.
6. George Soros has already paid their bail, they were out in 24 hours.
5. Obama issued a statement, " I gave the order to arrest them." What a gutsy decision.
4. Nancy Pelosi has issued orders to increase watches on returning war vets and Tea Party members. Did you know she lives in the White House attic?
3. The TSA wanted to know if they were going to surgically implant the explosives inside themselves, or if any 4 year old girls or 80 year old grannys in wheelchairs were involved.
2. MSNBC will take a big hit in the ratings, these anarchists was 25% of their Ohio viewership.
1. Joe Biden joked that Mitt Romney would have let them blow it up.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,210,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If the shoe fits.....

Eye on Occupy: ‘Happy May Day, now go kill’; Update: Attempted bridge bombers confirmed Occupiers | Twitchy

6,990 arrests in connection with Occupy between since its inception September 17, 2011 to April 26, 2012.

OccupyArrests.com

How many Tea Party connected arrests happened? Please remind me.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,210,644 times
FBI Busts Occupy Cleveland Members in Alleged Bomb Plot | Media Trackers Ohio

Quote:
Brandon Baxter, one of the alleged plotters known to his associates as “Skabby,” served as a spokesman for Occupy Cleveland, telling the Cleveland Plain Dealer in early March that he felt “the powers that be, whoever they might be—on all levels of government and those who hold corporate power—are not listening, because not enough people are actually taking a stance.”
Occupy Cleveland throws their own under the bus here:
Quote:
Occupy Cleveland confirmed that several of the alleged terrorists were “associated” with the group, but “were in no way representing or acting on behalf of Occupy Cleveland.”

Old 05-01-2012, 06:48 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,417,782 times
Definitely not teabaggers. Too young, too thin and no mobility scooters. They could however be the spawn of teabaggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies