Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:19 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times

Advertisements

this thread is to post about the biggest domestic threat our society faces. eco terrorism. I posted a couple videos in other threads which I will repost at some point in here. I will start with this terrorist ad by green peace. I wonder if the obama administration has them on the terrorist watch list. this video contains shocking footage of terrorism.

YouTube - Greenpeace Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 11:23 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
I actually do think groups like ELF are monitored by the FBI. I knew a couple people who were involved in far, far less hostile groups (meaning never committed any acts of violence) that were infiltrated by undercover agents pretending to be part of their group and were monitored quite severely by our government.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:26 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
What a joke.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:28 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I actually do think groups like ELF are monitored by the FBI. I knew a couple people who were involved in far, far less hostile groups (meaning never committed any acts of violence) that were infiltrated by undercover agents pretending to be part of their group and were monitored quite severely by our government.

I am all for promoting clean energy, but groups like green peace are pathetic. you'd think they could produce an ad that didn't involve massive fear mongering.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
What a joke.

I know, that terrorist ad is a joke. glad we finally agree on something.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:34 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I am all for promoting clean energy, but groups like green peace are pathetic. you'd think they could produce an ad that didn't involve massive fear mongering.
Yeah. I just roll my eyes when they come up to me on the street and use their fear tactics that always pounce on the political catch-phrase of the day.

Sometimes I say, "Yes, I would like to end global warming, but what does that have to do with your work?"

(as I've posted elsewhere, I think all this environmental stuff could be pursued in the positive light by focusing on using human ingenuity and innovation to create the technologies, lifestyles, and jobs for living sustainably. It shouldn't be about fear-mongering and all these groups trying to capitalize on fear.)

Kind of like PETA in that sense or the groups that hold pictures of aborted fetuses up on street corners. Good cause, but horrific and ultimately counter-productive tactics for very complex social issues. I see that stuff and I just want to go beat an innocent puppy to spite them.
(haha - just kidding).

Old 07-26-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Yeah. I just roll my eyes when they come up to me on the street and use their fear tactics that always pounce on the political catch-phrase of the day.

Sometimes I say, "Yes, I would like to end global warming, but what does that have to do with your work?"

(as I've posted elsewhere, I think all this environmental stuff could be pursued in the positive light by focusing on using human ingenuity and innovation to create the technologies, lifestyles, and jobs for living sustainably. It shouldn't be about fear-mongering and all these groups trying to capitalize on fear.)

Kind of like PETA in that sense or the groups that hold pictures of aborted fetuses up on street corners. Good cause, but horrific and ultimately counter-productive tactics for very complex social issues. I see that stuff and I just want to go beat an innocent puppy to spite them.
(haha - just kidding).

PETA is terrible. the NRA is infamous for using terrorist tactics.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:26 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Interesting though since Obama took office we have only heard of the right wing terrorist threat from the fedgov.

Homeland Insecurity, American Style

Right-wing extremists seen as a threat - Los Angeles Times

Militant Extremists in the United States

Old 07-26-2009, 01:31 PM

968 posts, read 1,039,305 times
Send that terrorist kid to Gitmo.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:46 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
Wasn't it in Boulder, CO where the ELF set a bunch of tires on fire to protest the harm being done to environment? Hmmmmm...buring isoprene polymers to make your point about air quality, very sharp!

I think they also started fires in Vail! They are definitely missing a few bricks from their foundations, these eco-terrorists....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies