Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,415,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Not trying to be a lawyer but I think I'm doing a pretty good job nonetheless. My analysis has consistently been shown to be correct. Where yours, well has not. You're on the losing side, a biased side. I'm on the side of the truth. Join us it's okay.
LOL Let's see whose analysis is most accurate when this case is over. My side has always been that we don't know what evidence the State has, therefore, we really don't know what a jury or judge will ultimately hear.

I can honestly say that, having known and worked with hundreds of lawyers, you really should stick with your financial career. Additionally, your negative bias toward black people would totally interfer with any ability to be objective about evidence in any case.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Good God ya all!
Does not Trayvon have a right to stand his ground, especially when he is at his home?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
LOL this is just becoming pathetic, so in order for someone to defend themselves they have to be able to gauge whether a wound is fatal enough and not start the fight? However starting the fight does not mean who hits who first but who sets the events in motion. I'm so glad folks like you don't write the law.
And the public should be delighted that folks like you don't get to interpret the law. That's why we have judges and lawyers. Thank goodness.

p.s. your bias is showing.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Where are these news reports, and the evidence to support them, that reports that the shot was fired from a distance? It would really chance my opinion on the case. The only place I have even seen such a statement...is in your post. I'd like to learn more.

Stippling, or "power burns" are caused by burning gunpowder becoming imdedded in/on skin or clothing. It only happens at a very short range (at least when from a handgun, firing handgun ammunition). IF such marks were present they prove that the shot happened at very close range, supporting Zimmerman's claim. Also, if the gun were actually pressed against Martin when fired, there are very distinct marks when expanding gasses from the burning propellant are driven into the body.
The news report I heard was on the evening news on one of the networks. It said that the report said the shot was fired from a "moderate range." Caught my attention immediately. Someone here in this thread posted that the news said "intermediate" range. These reports were based on the news "leak" of medical information today. Some were saying the info came from two sources, the medical examiner report and the family doctor for Zimmerman who treated him the day after the incident.

Bottom line, IF (big IF) the medical examiner report said "moderate" range, that doesn't mean close. IF the medical examiner said "moderate" range, at the trial or immunity hearing, the medical examiner will give numbers in terms of inches (a range of distance) in his testimony. However, we don't know yet if that's what the ME said, and we won't know for sure until we can SEE that ME report. I will say, though, that the ME is a forensic pathologist and MEs conduct an investigation in these cases, the autopsy investigation, photos from the crime scene....medical examiners' offices send their own investigators or the medical examiner him/herself, plus assistants, to the crime scene to pick up the body and to collect evidence for their investigation. I will take the word of a good ME for things such as the distance between the gun and wound, the angle of entrance of the bullet, etc., etc.

All the issues you raise in your second paragraph WILL be answered in the ME report. The medical examiner is a medical doctor with a speciality as a pathologist and is well qualified to provide answers to all those issues. The ME is ALWAYS called to testify as to the cause of death in any death case, and will testify to other issues addressed in his/her report.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Just reported -

Autopsy results reportedly indicate that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin had injuries to his knuckles when he died, which could support George Zimmerman’s claim that the unarmed teenager assaulted him before he was fatally shot.

Another reason to WAIT UNTIL THE FACTS ARE IN until we condemn someone....
Do you have a link for that news?

Has ANYONE released a copy, written copy, of the Medical Examiner's report. The ME does the autopsy and issues a written report.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,406,766 times
Default Zimmerman is a slick ignoramus

Zimmerman's intent was to shoot that black kid before he did. His problem was how to get away with it. He came up with the very simple "self-defense" scheme. Knowing that he was armed, and that this black kid eating Skittles was not, he initiated a confrontation, insulting Martin in such a way that Martin had no choice but to fight. Zimmerman then tried to make it look like he was trying, but was just no match for the kid. Allowing himself to be beaten, he then pulls out his gun to complete his plan, which was to shoot the black kid.

Surprised by Zimmerman pulling out his gun, Martin ran and pleaded for help. Martin did not carry a weapon. Had he known that Zimmerman was carrying a hidden loaded gun, he would not have fought him or given him a reason to shoot him. But Martin didn't know that Zimmerman was both armed and a raving lunatic intent on killing a black person. Had Zimmerman even shown the gun to Martin, Martin would've backed off since he didn't want to get shot or die. But Zimmerman concealed this weapon until he had invoked Martin sufficiently enough to shoot him in "self-defense." I hope the prosecution is up to the mark.

Zimmerman should hang...after facing a firing squad and being electrocuted.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 05-16-2012 at 10:43 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 09:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Zimmerman's intent was to shoot that black kid before he did. His problem was how to get away with it. He came up with the very simple "self-defense" scheme. Knowing that he was armed, and that this black kid eating Skittles was not, he inititiated a confrontation, insulting Martin in such a way that Martin had no choice but to fight. Zimmerman then tried to make it look like he was trying, but was just no match for the kid. Allowing himself to be beaten, he then pulls out his gun to complete his plan, which was to shoot the black kid.

Surprised by Zimmerman pulling out his gun, Martin ran and pleaded for help. Martin did not carry a weapon. Had he known that Zimmerman was carrying a hidden loaded gun, he would not have fought him or given him a reason to shoot him. But Martin didn't know that Zimmerman was both armed and a raving lunatic intent on killing a black person. Had Zimmerman even shown the gun to Martin, Martin would've backed off since he didn't want to get shot or die. But Zimmerman concealed this weapon until he had invoked Martin sufficiently enough to shoot him in "self-defense." I hope the prosecution is up to the mark.

Nice bed time story.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,406,766 times
Quote:
Nice bed time story.
Yes, the truth can be comforting.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:53 PM

140 posts, read 94,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Zimmerman's intent was to shoot that black kid before he did. His problem was how to get away with it. He came up with the very simple "self-defense" scheme. Knowing that he was armed, and that this black kid eating Skittles was not, he inititiated a confrontation, insulting Martin in such a way that Martin had no choice but to fight. Zimmerman then tried to make it look like he was trying, but was just no match for the kid. Allowing himself to be beaten, he then pulls out his gun to complete his plan, which was to shoot the black kid.

Some people want to use the Zimmerman incident as a major race lightning rod. I prefer to use it as a case study into the liberal world view and how it distorts the liberals perception of reality to the point that they pathologically cannot admit fallibility. Every liberal who posts in these Zimmerman threads is exhibiting the exact kind of mental illness I've been basing my political theory around. It is evident on other threads such as global warming threads were a liberal will go on for pages doing mental gymnastics to keep from admitting that they were wrong. But in no place has it been more evident n then in the Zimmerman threads where there is an inherent desire amongst the liberals to be willfully ignorant out of fear that knowledge would require the admission of fallibility.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Evidently according to the Calipoppy crowd since Zimmerman "started the fight" he now must resign himself to death. Since he is now not allowed to stop Trayvon from beating him.

This highlights the negative thought processes that pervade in the African American community. Everything is someone else's fault, never take responsibility.

In order to reach Calipoppy's absurd conclusion you would have to accept that Trayvon was justified in attacking Zimmerman. Evidently observing someone from a distance is now cause enough to beat them.

If Trayvon simply kept his hands to himself, he would be alive. It is that fact that will prevent the prosecution from making any substantive case against him.
Ooops. Your bias is showing again.

Your investigative skills on this case are rather unimpressive too. So don't give up your day job to even try being an investigator.

It's enormously difficult to try to interpret the law when weighed down by such enormous bias. I wouldn't sell the prosecutor too short, if I were you.......especially since you DO NOT KNOW what evidence she has, and you also seem to not understand that it would be very bad strategy on her part to release everything she knows to the public before the trial. Obviously the prosecutor has indeed not released all her evidence at this point. Gosh! Your attorney knowledge and instincts regarding this case are surely lacking too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.