Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
But they aren't trying to shove acceptance down our throats..
No, they aren't.

Do you similarly object to the advertising showing heterosexual couples embracing? Fathers hugging their sons, or daughters? Mothers touching their sons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It is my duty to God to tell you that homosexuality is a sin. You seem to be unaware of that fact.
Alright so there's some words written in some archaic book by the hand of man saying homosexuality is a sin (despite it being quite rampant during those days).

Now show me where it says that in the US Constitution.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:15 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Alright so there's some words written in some archaic book by the hand of man saying homosexuality is a sin (despite it being quite rampant during those days).

Now show me where it says that in the US Constitution.
Show me where pedophilia, bestiality, murder, adultery, etc. are addressed in the Constitution. Or marriage for that matter. The Bible is the Word of God. If you are unable to determine right from wrong, read the Bible, not the Constitution.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:20 AM

30,363 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Show me where pedophilia, bestiality, murder, adultery, etc. are addressed in the Constitution.
What do any of those issues have to do with law-abiding homosexuals? Nothing, that's what... so I'm not really sure of your point here.

Quote:
Or marriage for that matter.
You do realize that's a great argument FOR gay marriage, right?

Quote:
The Bible is the Word of God.
Only if you're a Christian, and seeing as the US is not a Christian nation, I guess this is also a confusing and moot point.

P.S. Not all non-Christians are Atheists.

Quote:
If you are unable to determine right from wrong, read the Bible, not the Constitution.
I read the Constitution for my LAWS, and the Bible for my spiritual/personal comfort... if you cannot separate the two, I suggest avoiding any discussions that pertain to our Constitution. Speaking of which, didn't you say this wasn't your favorite topic? So why not find another topic to discuss? Just a thought.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
didn't you say this wasn't your favorite topic? So why not find another topic to discuss? Just a thought.
I can't allow wrong to go uncontested. It's kind of like scooping dog poop off of the side-walk. Not a pleasant task, but someone responsible has to do it.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:30 AM

Quote:
I can't allow wrong to go uncontested. It's kind of like scooping dog poop off of the side-walk. Not a pleasant task, but someone responsible has to do it.
I don't think G-d asked you to be his pooper scooper, and your opinions have already been made 100% clear. So if you really detest this so much, show us the poop and be on your way... again, just a suggestion. To summarize, WE GET IT NOW.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I don't think G-d asked you to be his pooper scooper, and your opinions have already been made 100% clear. So if you really detest this so much, show us the poop and be on your way... again, just a suggestion. To summarize, WE GET IT NOW.
It's encouraging that my posts are having some effect.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
It's encouraging that my posts are having some effect.
Not at all... I just said we GET IT, as in your opinions have been made very clear. Doesn't mean I agree with them, as my opinions on the subject haven't changed one iota as a result. Actually, I'm even more sympathetic to the cause now, knowing the kind of torment and judgment some people lay upon them.

Last edited by gizmo980; 06-07-2012 at 01:43 AM..

Old 06-07-2012, 01:37 AM

I'll leave all of you in peace for now, but I have to add one point about the constitution. Since the 10th amendment leaves everything not specificaly detailed in the constitution to the states, and since marriage is not specificaly addressed in the constitution, then states have the right to decide if same-sex marriage is legal or not. I predict that almost every one if not all will decide that gay marriage is not legal.

Last edited by Bideshi; 06-07-2012 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: Referring to deleted post - sorry, edited before quoting!

Old 06-07-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
I'll leave all of you in peace for now, buty I have to add one point about the constitution. Since the 10th amendment leaves everything not specificaly detailed in the constitution to the states, and since marriage is not specificaly addressed in the constitution, then states have the right to decide if same-sex marriage is legal or not. I predict that almost every one if not all will decide that gay marriage is not legal.
Haven't 10+ states already decided it is? California just took a huge step towards re-instating gay marriages, so I predict it'll be legal here by November... but yes, we must let the states decide for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies