Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 AM

26,577 posts, read 14,478,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Obama's own words, in Dreams of my Father - I found my birth certificate folded in a book. My fathers name wasn't on it.
please cite the exact quote from the book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,244 times
If you're not a natural born citizen (even though you were born in America) because one of your parents wasn't born here, then your kids can never be natural born citizens either, or your grandkids, or....down the line. This has to be the absolutely dumbest argument I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot when it comes to birthers. Do you understand that no one currently living in the US is a natural born citizen by that logic, except for native Americans?

Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,096,515 times
Quote:
YOU ARE EMPLOYED BY OBAMA!! you are a bona fide "Obot".
That is something only the preternaturally stupid could believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData
Obama's own words, in Dreams of my Father - I found my birth certificate folded in a book. My fathers name wasn't on it.
This is a lie. He says nothing like this anywhere in that book. Here is the entire reference to his birth certificate:

Quote:
I discovered this article, folded away among my birth certificate and old vaccination forms, when I was in high school
He says nothing about any names on the certificate at all.

That's one lie.

Quote:
There is no proof Ann Dunham married BHO sr. There is no proof they were divorced.
Oh? Then explain these divorce papers:

Obama 1964 Divorce Papers - 13 Pages - Missing Pg 11

That's lies # 2 and #3 in this single post.

Quote:
Natural Born is to be: born naturally to two citizen parents that are married to each other. Illegitimate children are not eligible. i.e. Bastards need not apply.
That's lies # 4 and #5.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,842,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Party Ted View Post
I was floored when I listened to this Constitutional scholar speak to WABC out of New York explain tonight in just twelve minutes what a true natural born Citizen is pertaining to the U.S. presidency. I have never heard of the term 'natural law' before used by the founders and he explained it in a manner that is easlily understandable. It made sense. Also in the twelve minute interview we learn why he thinks this issue is being ignored pertaining to Obama. WABC in New York has millions of listeners in the tri-state area and across the nation streaming and I believe after listening to this interview, it will sure create 2nd thoughts about Obama actually being a natural born citizen to the listeners. I believe many will be convinced he isn't a natural born Citizen after listening to this. Here is the interview and if you want to hear the whole interview on a podcast go to WABC and listen to the concerned citizens calling in. They were convinced Obama is not eligible.

Podcast
News Talk Radio 77 WABC New York (http://wabcradio.com/sectional.asp?id=36805 - broken link)

30-Year Constitutional Scholar: Natural Born Citizen Is One Born On Soil To Two Citizen Parents - YouTube#!
Makes no difference...he is the first half minority POTUS...therefor gets a free pass...does not go to jail...and collects $200.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
here is the exact quote from page 26 of "dreams from my father":

"I discovered this article, folded away among my birth certificate and old vaccination forms, when I was in high school."

Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance - Barack Obama - Google Books

he does not state his father's name was not on the birth certificate.

are you going to admit you're wrong on this point sity or ignore for now then repeat later?

Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,733,749 times
Quote:
Natural Born is to be: born naturally to two citizen parents that are married to each other. Illegitimate children are not eligible. i.e. Bastards need not apply.
What?????

So by your logic any child born in this country to a single parent is not a citizen of the U.S.?

Wow. Just wow.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I know that Obama went by Barack Soetoro while living in Indonesia for four years with his mother and stepfather. I presume that was his legal name while there.
there is no evidence that obama ever legally changed his name to barry/barack soetoro. william jefferson blythe III used the surname clinton for almost 10 years before legally changing it. leslie lynch king jr used the name gerald ford for nearly 20 years before legally changing it.

Quote:
I also assume that had his mother not divorced his stepfather, that he would have continued to live in Indonesia. I don't know what that means in regards to citizenship.
nothing automatically. one requirement for indonesian citizenship is that you have lived in country for 5 consecutive or 10 non-consecutive years. obama lived there for 4 years. 1 more year would have meant that he qualified for this requirement but there are still others that obama did not meet for indonesian citizenship.

Quote:
My point isn't to argue semantics about what is and what isn't a natural-born citizen. Because it is a term that isn't really explained by our constitution,....
correct.

Quote:
.....so not only are we arguing about its meaning through our own biases, so do the courts.
the courts are the final word in the matter and this is how they stand:

"Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are "natural born Citizens" for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."

this decision has been upheld in multiple court decisions.

Quote:
My point was really that, when we talk about the natural-born clause and its implications. We need to really just ask ourselves what the point of the clause was anyway? And that answer is simple, it is really about loyalty. We only wanted to allow a president who was completely loyal to this country and no other.
"loyalty" is a relative term and is a matter decided by the individual at the ballot box. a contradiction to the theory that the founding fathers required "absolute loyalty" is the US constitution itself, the 14 year residency requirement. a person could be born in the US ( or born outside the US to a citizen parent ), raised in a foreign country, return to the US on their 21st birthday and be eligible for president on their 35th.

Quote:
If we had a Frenchman as president, there is a chance that he would just become a puppet for the French government.
we did, thomas jefferson was given french citizenship before taking office.

Quote:
Or a Mexican president,....
we could. under mexican law mitt romney is eligible for mexican citizenship thru jus sanguinis.

Quote:
....and whether or not the courts say he is natural-born or not, I don't personally like the idea of him leading this country.
great, don't vote for him. that's straight up electability, not eligibility.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:

evidence of this requirement?

Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,268,189 times
Another birfer thread. Surprise!

Just more regurgitated Steve McGarrett crap.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Too bad Herb Titus is a well known Constitutional nut case.
I wonder how many times he has quoted from the Declaration of Independence and claimed to be quoting from the Constitution. I say this because it seems that a well known lecturer on the Constitution did that not too long ago. Is the man I am talking about well versed on the Constitution of the US or does he just want to kill it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies