Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:22 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,101,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
Google is great, isn't it?
But apparently not great enough to come up with anything called the "source fallacy." Kudos to me for figuring out that you were actually trying to accuse me of an ad hominem.

I say "try" because as we know, it is not actually an ad hominem at all.

It was a direct and relevant rebuttal to the original fallacy of the OP, #14 on your link. The blind appeal to authority is effectually responded to if the individual in question is not an authority at all.

And Herb Titus is not an authority. He is well known and long established Constitutional nut case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief
You dismissed the argument without actually looking at it because of the source. You responded to the post 5 minutes after he posted it. It was a 12 minute video. You clearly ignored the post and instead attacked the source. It's a fallacy. You simply are not even trying to be objective.
You have already been corrected on that mistaken assumption. The first time you accused me of not having watched it your ignorance was understandable. Once you were corrected you lost that excuse.

I know Titus's argument like the back of my hand. As such, you have the causal relationship here exactly backwards. I have come to reject this source because of the argument, not the argument because of the source.

Quote:
It's hard to argue with people that aren't willing to think for themselves.
How would you know? You have made no argument. You certainly have made no attempt to defend anything that Titus actually said on that radio program. Based on the content in this thread to this point it is easier to make a case that I've watched the video than you have.

Quote:
How did you know what his argument was when it was not possible that you had actually watched the video before responding?
That's already been explained once. Reading comprehension appears to not be your strong suit. The video was available for three hours before it ever got posted to City-Data, and I had already seen it. Twice.

Quote:
Did you watch it? Did you watch this one to know it was the same video?
To identify it as the same video required less than ten seconds of watching. And yes... I invested that much time, no more.

Quote:
How did you know what his argument was when it was not possible that you had actually watched the video before responding?
Asked and answered. At this point you are perseverating. I believe that you can get help for that.

Quote:
I have no clue if Titus is right or wrong. I merely pointed out the fact that you apparently don't care, either. You are hell-bent on destroying what you think the argument is based on the person making the argument. Maybe if you'd have taken the time to watch the video I wouldn't be addressing it.
You are certainly correct that you have no clue.

Thanks for playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 04:24 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,101,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
perhaps. It might have been nice had he said as much in his post.
Ironically, had you actually watched the videos yourself you would not be in need of me to say it.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:20 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,436,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The bills that the president signed into law would be repealed properly.
Wouldn't matter. They'd already passed the Congress and so President Biden would only need to sign them. In fact he could probably just issue an executive order for all of them

Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
We can only hope that after he is voted out that the SCOTUS will find the same conclusion and he will not receive any of the benefits that are afforded any past president. Also any bill singed by this hubris will be thrown out.
Wouldn't matter. They'd already passed the Congress and so President Biden would only need to sign them. In fact he could probably just issue an executive order for all of them

Old 04-18-2012, 09:24 PM

215 should be deleted but somehow I can't do it

Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,049,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
A law is repealed by an act of Congress - the repealing invalidates earlier acts of Congress. President Biden could veto the repealment bills - but doing so in a climate where the president had just been removed or resigned would not be the smartest political move old Joe could make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies