Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:58 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,171,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
The whole point was: until you started to distort things with misinformation not relevant;

Our National Motto is : In God We TRUST

Now we have a Jaywalking Allstar wanting me to list the ten. I have a suggestion - EITHER open your bible and read it or use google to find the list.
Ummm...Sity?

No where in my Bible do I find any prohibition against jaywalking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And not respected.
By you...

Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 AM

114 posts, read 113,692 times
Quote:
Too bad Herb Titus is a well known Constitutional nut case.
Maybe you ought to listen to it before you respond. It was 12 minutes long..you responded to the post 5 minutes after it got posted. Congratulations. You've just committed the source fallacy.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:07 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,174,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
By you...
By a lot of people:

Quote:
Tea Party Sparks More Antipathy Than Passion

Overall support for Tea Party movement is now 25%, a new low

PRINCETON, NJ -- More Americans consider themselves strong opponents of the Tea Party movement than strong supporters, by 20% to 14%, and the ratio is a similar 22% to 15% among registered voters. When factoring in those who support or oppose the movement but not strongly, the opposing groups are more evenly matched, with 25% of Americans in total classified as Tea Party supporters and 28% as opponents. About 4 in 10 Americans as well as registered voters say they neither support nor oppose the Tea Party

Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
By a lot of people:
Wow - that 25% approval rating for the Tea Party is shockingly similar to the 24% approval rating for President Barack Hussein Obama!

Tea Party wins - no matter how you try to twist the numbers.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
Maybe you ought to listen to it before you respond. It was 12 minutes long..you responded to the post 5 minutes after it got posted. Congratulations. You've just committed the source fallacy.
The "source" fallacy? What the hell is the "source" fallacy? I'm pretty familiar with the fallacies of logic, both formal and informal. That is not one of them.

I suspect that you meant the "ad hominem" fallacy, but that doesn't apply here either. My observation is not (as required by the fallacy) and irrelevant attack on some unrelated component of his character. It is a direct challenge to his competence to make the specific claims we are discussing.

But... to bring us all back to the trivial point you were actually trying so hard to make...

1) Herb Titus is a known quantity, and his bizarre Biblically based opinions regarding the definition of natural born citizen are more than three years old. They have not changed.

2) This video was posted on the Birther blog Obamareleaseyourrecords at about 8 PM on April 15. I read the Birther blogs. By the time it was posted here (three hours or so later) I had already watched it twice.

3) You make no effort to defend Titus from the observation that he is, in fact, a Constitutional nutcase, or to take the OP to task for his argument from authority fallacy. So I guess you are yourself guilty of the special pleading fallacy.

Have a nice day.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Wow - that 25% approval rating for the Tea Party is shockingly similar to the 24% approval rating for President Barack Hussein Obama!
And at the same time your response could not be brighter red or smell more like a fish.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
And at the same time your response could not be brighter red or smell more like a fish.
Poll numbers concerning the Tea Party are likewise irrelevant to the topic of Herb Titus.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lazenby View Post
LOL Why are you so hard on these people?
They are not capable of recognizing subtlety, irony or gentle correction.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Poll numbers concerning the Tea Party are likewise irrelevant to the topic of Herb Titus.
But not to your post to which I was directly responding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies