Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,190,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The problem I have with Zimmerman, well among others, is that the dispatcher for 911 told him not to pursue, and he made the decision to ignore him. Hiw can you argue self defense when you ran after the kid?
There is no evidence that he "ran after the kid." For all we know, he simply maneuvered his SUV to get closer to the kid, got out and walked up to him to ask a question, and then went back to his SUV. Police reports suggest that Zimmerman was attacked as he was walking back to his vehicle. But what do we know? We weren't there.

We don't know what happened after he got off the phone with 911. It's all speculation. It's time to put a stop to the speculation.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:37 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,960,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It doesn't matter how it started, all that matter is HOW it ENDED and WHY!
So if Zimmerman (this is just me making this up to prove a point) walked up to the kid with his gun drawn and pointed at his head and said "I am going to kill your black a$$" and Trayvon fought back but was killed anyways that wouldn't matter?

Sounds good to me. As long as you try to kill someone and they fight back you are legally able to kill them now? Thanks for the clarification. Not saying what happened, just saying having the whole story is necessary.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:39 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,446,934 times
smh you ask that like you're glad he got shot dead or something.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You weren't there. You haven't talked to the eyewitness. You are not a trained criminal investigator. Therefore, you're not qualified to make these statements. What's so hard to understand about that?
Didn't the eye witness say he didn't help, went upstairs, looked outside and that Trayvon was lying on the ground dead? Wouldn't that mean he missed the shooting?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:40 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,446,934 times
maybe the white people would've gotten
together and protested, but I doubt it.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,190,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Didn't the eye witness say he didn't help, went upstairs, looked outside and that Trayvon was lying on the ground dead? Wouldn't that mean he missed the shooting?
In your perspective, yes, that's what it means. But since you haven't been privy to the entire debriefing with the eyewitness, that makes it piecemeal speculation at best.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
You should stop engaging in speculation sooner rather than later. In fact, everyone who wasn't on the scene of the incident should stop speculating.

An eyewitness who saw it all has emerged. What you understand and/or don't understand is 100% irrelevant. Pushing forth your "understanding" of events does nothing to help the case, and on the macro it creates an environment whereas George Zimmerman is declared guilty in the Court of Public Opinion. George Zimmerman deserves due process and due diligence. Now that there's an eyewitness, it seems he will get his due.

It's time to come down off the stage and let the system work it out. An eyewitness will be hard to overcome. Let's put an end to the speculation.
Seriously? Due Diligence (already out the window thanks to the cops)? But only for Zimmerman right? Who cares about the dead guy?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:43 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,420,719 times
Quote:
You weren't there. You've re-created the scene in your mind to suit your own perspective of events. That doesn't make it factual.

Just stop. Seriously. Admit that you don't know what happened and leave it at that.
The same thing could be said about the witness that people seem to think solves the whole case. He saw a few moments of the fight AFTER it started so he MUST know every single detail that led up to that moment...even though he wasn't there. Gotta love that circular logic

Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
In your perspective, yes, that's what it means. But since you haven't been privy to the entire debriefing with the eyewitness, that makes it piecemeal speculation at best.
You are right. Maybe his entire house is made of glass and he walked backwards up the steps so he could see the entire thing and since the Liberal Media is only putting out parts of the witness statement and hiding the parts damning to what could make this a non-self defense case it's better to wait.

I will do so. BTW I am not on either side of this other than the cops really don't seem to have done anything right in this.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,166,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I know. That's what i am saying. I see it all the time in the news. At this time it is ALL I see, and before this, other incidents have been on local news on daily bases.
Why no outrage?

More people died in Chicago a few years back than soldiers in Iraq. Why no outrage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies