Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:25 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I asked earlier if we would be marching and protesting if this had been a black on black shooting.

I found most answers veeerrry disingeniuos. Considering that we have history as our evidence.

All the black bruthas that have gunned down othe black bruthas everyday since the 90's......little kids killed by stray bullets.

No riots.....no protests.....especially on this level.

The Black Panthers have put a bounty out on Zimmerman's head. Spike Lee put his address out on the web!! Where's the Justice Department???

This is illegal.
How many people (regardless of race) responsible for killing another person or a child admitted doing it, didn't get arrested and there was no trial, but instead got a free pass to walk, with the exception of Florida since the SYG law was enacted?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:25 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh shut it, you know nothing as well. I'm only posting what the EYE WITNESS said, and YES the poster I was posting to was WRONG!
Course I don't know what happened and that poster was me and my opinion is not wrong in saying who most likely STARTED the fight. All you do is look foolish in being so abrasive when you yourself don't know what you are reading or speaking about. Once you've read all the eye witness accounts, it shows a very cloudy picture, mainly of police incompetence (like not documenting outside of notation the injuries to Zimmerman that no longer can be proven).

Old 03-26-2012, 08:26 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Nope, according to the witness he states this:

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012 - broken link)
You don't read very well, do you? If he was on the bottom then clearly the fight was already in progress...unless you think Zimmerman was just lying on the ground before the fight started.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:27 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Link me to the photos where you can see the damage to his face after being "pounded". I haven't seen those yet. Those would really help in proving this was self defense. Cops take pictures as evidence right? How about the blood on his clothes from Trayvon? If he was on top of him "Having his face pounded" when he shot him then gravity would naturally have blood get on him right? Powder burns on Trayvon's shirt? Again since he was so close to him having his face pounded in there would be powder burns on his shirt right?

The cops f****d this up big time. If it was self defense it's up to the shooter to PROVE it as well as the police to take evidence to prove so. None of that was done. All you have are 911 calls, a guy with a gun being asked not to pursue the person he called about, screams for help and a gunshot.
Yea, we haven't seen a lot of stuff yet....

So pretty much all of it is speculation. I'm not sure what your point is. I am saying that the media is sensitizing this and nobody knows what happened. But there is a witness account, who also called 911, who saw Trayvon Martin ON TOP of Zimmerman beating him while Zimmerman screamed for help...

if you want to get serious about it...people don't even know how far he was pursued AFTER the 911 call. Some are saying he stalked him.... it could have been a few steps... Zimmerman COULD have followed orders for all we know...

It's reported Zimmermans account of him walking back to the truck and he was ambushed. Not sure if that is the witnesses account, but if it is....how does anybody know that Zimmerman wasn't walking back to his truck to go meet the police as instructed??

Trayvon Martin is dead, Zimmerman killed him, local PD totally screwed the investigation and the media is running absolutely wild with narrative. Those are the 4 things that are without a doubt set in stone.

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Ehhh....more Trayvon Martin madness. Seriously, Why won't folks just give this thing a chance to iron itself out?

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times
Quote:
Nope, according to the witness he states this:

Quote:
"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.
Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012 - broken link)
Your quote shows that the guy got there after the fight started and missed plenty of it. When someone says they witnessed "the whole thing" that is from start to finish. He went inside to call 911. Missed a few things there right? He missed the actual shooting, why the fight started, how Zimmerman managed to get his (I assume) holstered weapon out to shoot him in the first place. The witness saw NOTHING.

Let's say Trayvon was on top because Zimmerman approached him, pulled his gun and Trayvon was scared and fought back. Self defense on Trayvon's part right? The witness did not see what provoked the whole situation so again that witness is nothing. The cops did nothing. This whole thing is a f*****g joke from the time the first 911 call was made to when the cops arrived and did nothing and now.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:

Here's what I know. If the cops actually did what they where supposed to do then it would have at least squashed 75% of this. Not contacting his father (when they supposedly had his phone), not even taking forensic evidence (they should have brought him in, checked his clothing, logged his weapon or something) it what is really driving this. Unless it's written down that the procedure following a shooting it 1) Find shooter 2) Ask shooter what happened 3) let shooter go as long as he says it was self defense then I have no problem with this.

When did the Police become the jury? The job of the Police is to collect evidence and conduct a THOROUGH investigation. To sit here and tell me that the investigation of an unarmed minor being shot while holding skittles and ice tea by a self appointed neighborhood watch "capt." with a history of overzealous behavior (phone calls to 911) and a somewhat violent past (arrest for assaulting an officer....maybe Daddy got him off of that one) can just claim self defense and that's that?

How do we know GZ, who initiated contact it seems, didn't come out with his gun already drawn? Wouldn't TM be justified in allegedly attacking him? This whole case is fishy and it starts with GZ but really starts with the local PD and this ridiculous law that apparently means you could shoot your wife, put a knife in her hand and just say "Stand your ground law.....self defense". Ridiculous.
Loony lib cartoonists can't even get the facts right, sigh.

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:

Here's what I know. If the cops actually did what they where supposed to do then it would have at least squashed 75% of this. Not contacting his father (when they supposedly had his phone), not even taking forensic evidence (they should have brought him in, checked his clothing, logged his weapon or something) it what is really driving this. Unless it's written down that the procedure following a shooting it 1) Find shooter 2) Ask shooter what happened 3) let shooter go as long as he says it was self defense then I have no problem with this.

When did the Police become the jury? The job of the Police is to collect evidence and conduct a THOROUGH investigation. To sit here and tell me that the investigation of an unarmed minor being shot while holding skittles and ice tea by a self appointed neighborhood watch "capt." with a history of overzealous behavior (phone calls to 911) and a somewhat violent past (arrest for assaulting an officer....maybe Daddy got him off of that one) can just claim self defense and that's that?

How do we know GZ, who initiated contact it seems, didn't come out with his gun already drawn? Wouldn't TM be justified in allegedly attacking him? This whole case is fishy and it starts with GZ but really starts with the local PD and this ridiculous law that apparently means you could shoot your wife, put a knife in her hand and just say "Stand your ground law.....self defense". Ridiculous.
You should stop engaging in speculation sooner rather than later. In fact, everyone who wasn't on the scene of the incident should stop speculating.

An eyewitness who saw it all has emerged. What you understand and/or don't understand is 100% irrelevant. Pushing forth your "understanding" of events does nothing to help the case, and on the macro it creates an environment whereas George Zimmerman is declared guilty in the Court of Public Opinion. George Zimmerman deserves due process and due diligence. Now that there's an eyewitness, it seems he will get his due.

It's time to come down off the stage and let the system work it out. An eyewitness will be hard to overcome. Let's put an end to the speculation.

128 posts, read 192,856 times
I agree it should be an issue , you see the point you miss here is this is not fully about Zimmerman , its about the Sanford police for that matter all small town police in Florida thats what your missing.

Your from Maryland ok been there not a bad place you dont live in Florida , its run by rednecks and old people you come here for a vacation you dont understand the underlying issues here , you come here and spend your money they will take it , but they dont want you here , you can get a DUI here real quick if your not in the local good old boy club .

They dont treat everyone the same , his dad was a Judge , he knew all the cops , he tried out to be a cop and failed , he called the Sanford Police 50 times in one year , he had a criminal past of his own that was wiped clean in order for him to own and carry a hand gun , he followed the kid , his dad admitted it was not Zimmermans screams on the phone call .

The issue is this is how FDLE works they are bias towards others that think there way .

Case:

KKK Flyers Hand Delivered in Sanford :: WRAL.com KKK in Sanford do you have the KKK there ?

Sanford police chief under fire amid Trayvon Martin case - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/21/2706876/sanford-commission-votes-no-confidence.html - broken link)

Now Chief Lee, who came on the job just 10 months ago for $102,000 a year to clean up a department tainted by racial scandals, finds himself under fire in what promises to be one of the most explosive law enforcement cases of the year. For weeks, black leaders have called for the firing of Lee, a Sanford native with a three-decade career in law enforcement whose father once ran the nearby black neighborhood’s convenience store.

Initial police reports never mentioned that Zimmerman had a bloody nose or a wet shirt that showed evidence of a struggle. Attorneys for the dead teen’s family believe the information was added in a second report to justify the lack of an arrest.

• Police said witness statements supported Zimmerman’s account. But several of the witnesses expressed surprise, telling The Herald that they reported hearing someone crying for help just before a shot ended the cries. The 911 tapes of witness calls bolstered their claims.

• One of the witnesses who heard the crying said she called a detective repeatedly, but said he was not interested because her account differed from Zimmerman’s.

• For nearly a month, police never noticed a profanity Zimmerman mumbled under his breath when he called police, which some people believe was accompanied by a muffled racial slur.

• Even though investigators have the dead boy’s cell phone, it was Trayvon’s father who combed through the phone records to discover that his son was talking to a girlfriend in the moments that led up to his death. Police never contacted the girl, who told lawyers that Trayvon was alarmed because he was being followed.

The department defends its investigation and says it welcomes outside oversight. In an interview last week, Lee said the query into Trayvon’s death was “color blind” and thorough.
He insisted that evidence collected at the scene and from witnesses did not provide enough probable cause to refute Zimmerman’s version that he shot Trayvon in self defense, and says it would have been against the law to arrest him.

“They are saying that things that aren’t factual, that we had admitted that we didn’t know about George Zimmerman’s criminal history, which is not true,” (Chief Of Police in Sanford )Lee told The Herald. “We ran his history that morning. I said, ‘He doesn’t have a criminal history, anything that prohibits him from having a concealed weapons permit — which is true. He has an arrest record, but he has not been convicted of anything.”

He replaced another Chiefs whos son beat a homless black person on tape and was never arrested .

The case is not just about Trayvon (RIP ) its about the FDLE and how they conduct themsevles and have for 40 years I lived there which I dont any longer , your in a constant state of fear as you dont know what a redneck cop with a gun will do , Zimmerman wanted to be one of those redneck cops , because he failed to get in took it upon himself to assume the position to act as a officer would .

Sanford police chief under fire amid Trayvon Martin case - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/21/2706876_p2/sanford-commission-votes-no-confidence.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

Last edited by seogorilla; 03-26-2012 at 09:05 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 08:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Sooooo, it's now the unarmed kid's fault?

I can see how skittles can be used as a weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies