Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,820,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Why no outrage?

More people died in Chicago a few years back than soldiers in Iraq. Why no outrage?

This one strikes home because it is every black parent's worst nightmare. This one hits all the people out there trying to do the right things so they will be left in peace.

No Apologies: On The Killing of Trayvon Martin And Being*"Good" - The Snob Blog - Danielle Belton's The Black Snob

Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,346,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
What has become of the witness who (allegedly) saw Martin assault Zimmerman? Is that legit? And if not, how did Zimmerman get the broken nose, bloodied face, and cut on the back of his head?
Do we know for sure that Zimmerman did, indeed, have these injuries? There is no official documentation of his injuries - no photos, no doctor's statements...

Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,699,768 times
I have to answer this by looking back at the OJ Simpson trial. In a case with overwhelming evidence a black man, Simpson, was found innocent by a jury of 9 blacks, 1 hispanic, and 2 white women. America had followed this televised trial and most Americans were convinced that Simpson was guilty of killing a white women. However, all of America abided by the decision of a mostly black jury.

There are a lot of posters who are flapping their gums throwing their idea of what may of happen around like it were facts. Like me remind you, a person is innocent until proven guilty in America.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 AM

645 posts, read 989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
This Trayvon case is really making me realize that I hate some people...I just hate them.

I swear, this case is really trying my patience with humanity. Such depraved and inhumane souls. Even worst, some of these monsters are parents.

WTF is the world coming to? When does a right to be right overrule COMMON DECENCY? Shameful, just shameful.

Agreed. The list is endless...let's start with the bloodthirsty media and their irresponsible reporting based on pure speculation and incomplete research. Next, how about we turn to self serving public figures who only step up to the mic when it benefits themselves the most? Next, how about race baiting hate groups that respond to tragedies like this with $10K bounties? Next, how about the teeming millions who like to jump on the bandwagon, spouting off arguments despite being completely clueless?

Listen, the media frenzy has painted this horrible case into a corner. There is no good outcome here. Public opinion has made this matter one of guilt until proven innocent. Do you think Zimmerman will get a fair trial? If the real issue is the Sanford police's lack of investigation, etc., then why are the NBP's calling for Zimmerman's head?

Let's say Zimmerman does get arrested and tried, I don't envy that jury one bit. This case is being whipped up to such a fever pitch, that regardless of the actual facts in the case - if the jury acquits Zimmerman, well, God help those folks and the citizens of that locale. In fact, the public backlash of an acquital will make the L.A. riots look like a bonfire at the beach by comparison.

I pray for the Martins, for Trayvon, for the Zimmerman family...most of all, I pray for the American public. God help us all.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 AM

In Sanford, FL, if the races had been reversed, it is a certainty that the black shooter of a white child would have been immediately arrested and, if he made it to the jail alive, he would have been incarcerated without bail.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:05 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,221,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Trayvon was probably fighting for his life as Zimmerman pulled a gun on him after stalking him on his way home. Zimmerman was the aggressor, Trayvon wasn't following Zimmerman. Zimmerman had been told to back off and not follow or approach the kid, we now know as Trayvon. Zimmerman was not doing his job, obviously since the community asked him to move out following the incident. This kid did not have to die.
This being able to shoot someone that is hitting you back is BS. I guess there are a lot of cases where ppl get away w/ this?? You can stalk and aggressively confront someone, possibly physically and pull a gun and shoot them when they fight back??? Steps away from their Fathers house??? Sick

Witness statements and the police records do not corroborate your version of events.

Fact is, that in Florida if you are being beaten and unable to flee then even without the stand your ground law, you can lawfully use deadly force.

You are adding alot of emotion into this and he/she said conjecture.

Also advice of a 911 operator is not a lawful order, but generally given to protect their employer (police dept)...

Old 03-26-2012, 09:05 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,947,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I have to answer this by looking back at the OJ Simpson trial. In a case with overwhelming evidence a black man, Simpson, was found innocent by a jury of 9 blacks, 1 hispanic, and 2 white women. America had followed this televised trial and most Americans were convinced that Simpson was guilty of killing a white women. However, all of America abided by the decision of a mostly black jury.

There are a lot of posters who are flapping their gums throwing their idea of what may of happen around like it were facts. Like me remind you, a person is innocent until proven guilty in America.
While the above is true the problem is that now thanks to the botched investigation this 1) may never go to trial 2) is tainted from the beginning on both sides and 3) the media and racial biases in the local community would destroy any "fair trial" that could be received whether for or against Zimmerman.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:07 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,221,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Do we know for sure that Zimmerman did, indeed, have these injuries? There is no official documentation of his injuries - no photos, no doctor's statements...
Wrong....

Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,172,007 times
Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If these kids had been black it would have made national news for days!
The shooter is latino in the case OP started. The media is at fault for how they pick & choose what will stir up viewers. I am interested in finding out more about why the latino was bleeding from the back of his head. Did the police do that or the kid? I really wish the media would expound on this info.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If these kids had been black it would have made national news for days!
The shooter is latino in the case OP started. The media is at fault for how they pick & choose what will stir up viewers. I am interested in finding out more about why the latino was bleeding from the back of his head. Did the police do that or the kid? I really wish the media would expound on this info.
"Latino" is not a race. Latinos can be white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies