Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,525,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
You would think he would have said that during the police "investigation" that night. Nothing in the report that shows that.
The public police report is a Partial report. The questioning of gz at the station isn't part of the public record. We don't know what gz told police that night.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,216,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
Here's a still of the video, I don't see any head injury
I also don't see any grass stains and/or blood on the back of his jacket. This would show up as dark spots/stains, would it not?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:44 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,775,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
Here's a still of the video, I don't see any head injury
Like I posted earlier. There is no pro or con anyone can fully take from this video other then that 1.) He has no obvious nose support for a broken nose, which is dubious and 2.) If he does have head lacerations, they are minor and are not showing up on the video (something you could cover with a bandaid or even nothing if they self closed).

Old 03-29-2012, 07:44 AM

17,591 posts, read 14,759,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
How does this negate the fact that he might have friends in high (judicial) places?
Sure, he might of. But so might've Trayvon's girlfriend's parent. Or the witnesses cousin.

But even though you want to believe it is so, a magistrate is not a judge. And believe you me, a REAL judge would not hold a typical magistrate in the same regard as a colleague.

Switch Zimmerman's father's title to "court clerk" - I highly doubt that you would try to lead people down the path of him having "friends in high places" if that was the title of his occupation.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:45 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,775,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I also don't see any grass stains and/or blood on the back of his jacket. This would show up as dark spots/stains, would it not?
Depends. Wouldn't make any assertions off that.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,349,885 times
Haven't had time to catch up, so don't know if this has already been posted.

The new prosecutor in this case says she will probably decide herself whether or not to prosecute Zimmerman.
Quote:
The prosecutor at the center of the national firestorm over whether the man who killed Trayvon Martin should be charged in his death says she’s not likely to need a grand jury to make the decision for her.

More probable, she said, is that she’ll be the one to decide.
Read more here: Tough-minded prosecutor in spotlight on Trayvon Martin case - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/28/2717866/tough-minded-prosecutor-in-spotlight.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,166,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
OH MY GOODNESS! Are you living under a rock? The reason why so many people are upset is because they feel due process was NOT served. Why did it take multiple weeks of contact with the PD, protests, and media coverage for all of this information to be released from the police department??? If this case never gained national notoriety rest assured Martin's parents would NEVER have any peace. If that was YOUR child, you would want to know WHY you had to bury your son before his time. That is the bottom line! Forget race, forget all of the other BS, it is about one thing, JUSTICE. That is it. You hold disdain against others for the same exact thing you are doing yourself.
Your entire post is pure muddled emotion. What "justice" are you looking for? The type of "justice" that puts a man behind bars without enough evidence to do so? The type of "justice" that gives Travyon Defenders the warm and fuzzies while a potentially innocent man rots in jail?

Quit fooling yourself. All you want is for this man to be behind bars no matter what the evidence says. You're not interested in "justice" in the slightest. You're interested in lynching the guy in the Court of Public Opinion. That's it.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,975,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You don't have to be bleeding to claim self defense. It definitely doesn't appear to confirm the police report's initial observations though. Although we always knew his injuries were not so severe to require admittance to a hospital.
I would think you'd need to be pretty beat up to claim "self-defense" that involved killing someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
There is no such duty, the Constitution is clear, the duty is for the state to have probable cause to arrest him. They have not yet which after at least two weeks of intense scrutiny that to me says a lot more than some tape being framed by the MSM with an agenda.
No probably cause? Z admitted he killed Martin who was unarmed! There are the 911 tapes which show that Z was pursuing Martin. I'd say that's probable cause enough!

Old 03-29-2012, 07:50 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,349,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Depends. Wouldn't make any assertions off that.
Zimmerman claimed he was beaten severely - his nose was broken and his head was repeatedly slammed against the pavement. In the police video Zimmerman shows no signs of any head injures.

Do you think his wounds (surely there would have been wounds) miraculously healed in, at most, a couple of hours time??

What 'assertions' are you willing to make?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,495,784 times
If there really was a head injury we would be seeing red or a bandage of some sort and we would see the police wearing gloves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies