Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:25 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,610 times

Advertisements

Whatever the Sanford cops say is BS anyway. You cannot believe anything they say. The whole department is full of racist and criminals.
Sanford police officer arrested (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/seminole_news/110211-sanford-police-officer-arrested - broken link)

Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Stick to the topic...we're not talking about the actions that occurred after he called...you specifically asked why did he appear to be suspicious, and I am telling you that it is all in the 911 report. How many times does it have to be spelled out for you? He clearly says that the there were break-ins in the area, and that he was walking slowly and looking at homes during the late evening. He clearly had a good reason to suspect that the kid was up to something--he was just wrong. Accept that and get over it.

You're so caught up in the hysteria of being black and wearing hoodies, that you can't see the facts for what they are.
They simply have a certain version of facts in their head and refused to be swayed. It's hard debating with such biased people.

16,545 posts, read 13,464,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
AND he calls Zimmerman white. So, he admits that Zimmerman is white. I guess that's refreshing. Others are screaming that he's not white, but Hispanic. I'll make sure to tell those folks to take it up with SourD.
The media painted that picture, not me and you people are running with it. If he was in the news for a noble deed, you know damn well he would have been called Hispanic and not "white" Hispanic. You guys are pathetic race baiters, go join one of the million thug marches that are going on across the country.

3,128 posts, read 6,539,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I think a lot of people are going to look mighty foolish once all the facts are out on this.
What facts? The police that didn't do their due diligence testing Zimmerman for drugs and alcohol in a homicide? Why would we believe anything they say now. Their chief stepped down.

1,197 posts, read 2,280,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The OP never asked about anything that happened AFTER. He/she ASKED "why did Trayvon look suspicious?" I gave him the reason why. It's in the 911 tapes. Everyone is avoiding what Zimmerman actually reported to the police.
Because it does not matter. It confuses the facts. The facts, if they are correct, are that Zimmerman followed the kid. That is what created the opportunity for an altercation. What the kid looked like is meaningless. Zimmerman called 9-1-1 and then should have stopped at that.

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...two men are involved in a fight.
One dies...so now he is some innocent victim of foul play.
You're right. The dead is the culprit, Zimmerman is the innocent victim.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:27 AM

566 posts, read 958,931 times
Because he's a young Black male and had a hoodie on. Some will say "there must be more to it", but that's probably the only reason. Many non-Black people get on edge, just like Zimmerman likely did, when they see a Black male who isn't dressed in a suit or in dockers and a tucked in button down shirt, so you know a Black male in a hoodie is going to freak out a bunch of non-Black folks even if he's just minding his own business.

They see the Black skin and the hoodie and make the association between the Black male they are nervously watching and the Black male in a hoodie they saw on the news who shot a store owner during a robbery. As a result, they freak out automatically.

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're right. The dead is the culprit, Zimmerman is the innocent victim.
No. Both of them are idiots.
Trying to make one the villain (either one) is just stupid.
When they are both responsible for what happened.

3,128 posts, read 6,539,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
How come nothing has been made that 28 year old Zimmerman lived at home? Did he have a job? 28 at home? Seems he had nothing else better to do but kill people instead of looking for a job to move out of mommy and daddys house.
And again, did Zimmerman live at home at 28 with momma and dadda? Surely if Trayvon Martin was 28 and lived at home with mommda and dadda the people slinging right wing pie would say he was another black on welfare.

10,092 posts, read 8,211,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh2az2id View Post
Gotta love it when someone says "Some of you are guilty of jumping to the conclusion" and then a long post that reads like you are a eye witness. Why is your post and a lot of other post so one sided?
This is what I love--the guy says he was attacked so the police say "ok" and go home. I just think they need to actually arrest the guy and do a real investigation, and since the local police don't seem capable of it, it needs to be moved up the ladder quickly. I've said repeatedly that I don't know if he's innocent or guilty--just that his personal statement certainly doesn't clear him, that Zimmerman sounds like a nut, and there's plenty of evidence to justify an arrest and an actual investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies