Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:27 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
IF that is true, then most men are flippin' idiots and deserve what they get.

And I am a woman.

And being a man does not excuse you from having common sense.

He should have RUN if he felt scared. Just like Zimmerman should have called the cops instead of creating this situation to begin with by confronting a large male stranger.

In every martial arts and combat training course I have been in...the answer is RUN. Oh...and those places were run by men.
Well, why not ask the men here?

I doubt that any man will admit that he would run from a creepy stranger. Would be interesting to hear from the ones who will admit that they would run and/or scream "Help" because a creepy dude is following you.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
No, the police report says that Zimmerman told them those details.
Alsoc onfirmed by witness statements and his injuries and appearance as noted by the arriving officers lend credance to his story. It's up to the prosecution (and since you are in the arrest, convict and hang camp you as well) to prove otherwise beyond a reasonable doubt. Can you?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,536,422 times
If he was tried in Compton it would be fair

Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Well, why not ask the men here?

I doubt that any man will admit that he would run from a creepy stranger. Would be interesting to hear from the ones who will admit that they would run and/or scream "Help" because a creepy dude is following you.
Well, then...they deserve what they get.
Stirrin' up for a fight because of your stupid male ego does not excuse your lack of common sense.
What? Are we going to have separate laws on the books if men fight than if women fight?
No one should be fighting!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
What facts? The police that didn't do their due diligence testing Zimmerman for drugs and alcohol in a homicide? Why would we believe anything they say now. Their chief stepped down.
I have never seen a single episode of "The First 48" where test ANYONE for drugs and alcohol. You know why? Because it is illegal to do so. You don't have to consent to it.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
No. Both of them are idiots.
Trying to make one the villain (either one) is just stupid.
When they are both responsible for what happened.
If I stalk you and confront you, you'd be an idiot for responding to it? And I will be the victim?

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Same could be said of Zimmerman. He was looking into a person that didn't appear to belong in his neighborhood (he WOULD know the residents of his block, right?).

Just because Zimmerman followed the kid for a short time, doesn't mean the next thing to happen would have involved someone dying.

The almost-adult apparently HIT Zimmerman, jumped on him, beat him, broke his nose and smashed his head on the ground.

None of that HAD to happen.

Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Twitter account, witness testimony | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

Who knows, he might have had "issues".

Jumped and beaten and suffered a broken nose, but the police find no reason to photograph the injuires after I just shot and killed a 17 year old kid?

Zimmerman;'s attorney fled an interview last night where these questions were going to be asked of him. Why was that?

1,197 posts, read 2,279,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Stick to the topic...we're not talking about the actions that occurred after he called...you specifically asked why did he appear to be suspicious, and I am telling you that it is all in the 911 report. How many times does it have to be spelled out for you? He clearly says that the there were break-ins in the area, and that he was walking slowly and looking at homes during the late evening. He clearly had a good reason to suspect that the kid was up to something--he was just wrong. Accept that and get over it.

You're so caught up in the hysteria of being black and wearing hoodies, that you can't see the facts for what they are.
O.K. I agree with those facts. I've never played the race card. And I still see no reason why Zimmerman has not been arrested for negligent homicide. Do you?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Because he's a young Black male and had a hoodie on. Some will say "there must be more to it", but that's probably the only reason. Many non-Black people get on edge, just like Zimmerman likely did, when they see a Black male who isn't dressed in a suit or in dockers and a tucked in button down shirt, so you know a Black male in a hoodie is going to freak out a bunch of white folks even if he's just minding his own business.

They see the Black skin and the hoodie and make the association between the Black male they are nervously watching and the Black male in a hoodie they saw on the news who shot a store owner during a robbery.
As a result, they freak out automatically.
No. I get on edge when someone I don't know walks slowly through my neighborhood, looking at houses. Period.
I don't care what they are wearing.

p.s. I am not white.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
I think this is the biggest point right here.
Once the fighting is in earnest on both sides, both people are responsible for the fight. And when you choose to fight someone (instead of flee), you have to realize that one of the ramifications is escalation. For that reason, I have little sympathy for the guy who was shot.

But none of this would have happened if Zimmerman had followed common sense rules - like just calling the police or security company or whatever instead of starting up some sh*t.
That describes my response to the bold! For G*d's sake, he was killed! G*d forbid your non-white kid is ever in a situation like this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies