Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:42 AM

30,108 posts, read 18,712,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Again funny, you call the VICTIM of this tragedy a thug, but the person who PULLED the trigger, who has a history of assults, you do not. Why is that?

You would think Zimmerman would know better considering his father was a former Judge, but then again, seeing how he skated on lesser charges previously, he doesn't believe the law applies to him. But Hey, he's NOT a thug in your eyes I guess.

Let me ask you- if someone had assaulted you, was pounding your head into the pavement and beating the crap out of you (and you were armed), how would you react? Would you let them kill you?

Give me a break. The kid got what he deserved.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,380,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I'm sure the paramedics did check him out, clean him up and make sure he felt good enough to go to the police station.
He was several hours with the police, had a broken nose and I am sure the paramedics already gave a statement regarding any blood they had to wipe away.
Make sure he felt good enough? Gee I'm surprised they didn't insist he put on a tie and offer him hors d 'oeuvres.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:47 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Not just the 'ghetto'. You've got trailer parks, rural areas, post-industrial dying cities. If only youth violence and apathy we strictly a black problem. Increasingly, crime is more an issue of economic than race, and that's the scary thing.
Fair enough, It is unfortunate that all black youth are viewed in the same negetive light, but it is a fact we have to live with. When economic issues change within the ghetto nieghborhoods things will start to turn around, but people who live their entire life on welfare programs, will never get anywhere and things will remain the same.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:49 AM

754 posts, read 1,740,793 times
I am deeply saddened to know that I live in a country where adults do not even know the basic difference between right and wrong. The fundamental issue in this entire case was whether or not Zimmerman feared for his life. How can you make the claim you feared for your life when you pursued your so-called attacker? It is astonishing that so many people are caught up in their own deep-rooted racist and stereotypical beliefs that they absolutely refuse to accept the basic undisputable facts of the case. Yet I am positive that if Zimmerman was a grown black man, and Martin was a young white teenager, these same individuals would do a complete 180 and call for Zimmerman’s head. I myself see the facts the same way regardless of what age or race Zimmerman or Martin is/was. Zimmerman LEFT his vehicle, APPROACHED Martin, and anything after that is a direct result of those two actions and decisions, now he has to pay the price for it.

And there are just no words for the Sanford PD. I strongly believe that had they thoroughly investigated this matter from the start, this story would not have blown up to the magnitude it has today. In that regards, I hold them even more accountable than Zimmerman.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:52 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,144,567 times
Police Surveillance Video | George Zimmerman | Head Injury | The Daily Caller

Close up DOES show possible head injury.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,664,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Let me ask you- if someone had assaulted you, was pounding your head into the pavement and beating the crap out of you (and you were armed), how would you react? Would you let them kill you?

Give me a break. The kid got what he deserved.
You know, I watched a brief video of zimmerman in the police station right after the incident. He looked perfectly normal to me; no broken nose, no cuts on the back of his head; no signs of having the 'crap beaten out of him'.

And now his father is saying that Martin threatened to kill zimmerman that night...what a load of bs. Wonder what they'll come up with next?

How can you say 'the kid got what he deserved'? Were you there? Did you see everything that happened? Did you hear everything that was said?

Martin cannot speak for himself; zimmerman can make up any GD story he wants, and it keeps getting more and more absurd.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:56 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,214,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

Egads, what makes you think this Zimmerman was rich or that the gated community was a rich one. The gated community was described as a lower middle class place where all races lived.
Think apartments that at some point got converted to condos or townhomes.
Zimmerman did not seem to be crazy or he would not have all these black people coming forward to defend him.
I really know of no money regarding Zimmerman. Maybe his retired father would be who you are jealous of. He may have made money and be upper middle class.

I'm sorry, but my instinct is not to defend the "victim" in a situation where his parents start out with a PR offensive that includes baby photos and leave out his record of drug, theft and assault related juvenile delinquency.
It's one thing to put your best foot forward, and quite another to lie by omission.
The parents didn't leave it out...it's just irrelevant to this case. And the pictures the media are using (especially the hoody one) don't really show much difference in Trayvon's face. He is tall, but then he looks tall on the pic where he's wearing the Hollister shirt.

And Trayvon had no drug, theft, assault record. All of these things were alleged. Except the assault...that's just a figment of your imagination.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:57 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,144,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You know, I watched a brief video of zimmerman in the police station right after the incident. He looked perfectly normal to me; no broken nose, no cuts on the back of his head; no signs of having the 'crap beaten out of him'.

And now his father is saying that Martin threatened to kill zimmerman that night...what a load of bs. Wonder what they'll come up with next?

How can you say 'the kid got what he deserved'? Were you there? Did you see everything that happened? Did you hear everything that was said?

Martin cannot speak for himself; zimmerman can make up any GD story he wants, and it keeps getting more and more absurd.
see post above yours

Old 03-29-2012, 07:00 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,664,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
see post above yours
Tried the link; didn't work for me.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:01 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,948,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

You would think he would have said that during the police "investigation" that night. Nothing in the report that shows that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies