Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:18 AM

17,477 posts, read 14,724,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Judges have pull in other jurisdictions. It's called networking and knowing the right people. I'm sure when you're at the top, the circle of people is smaller. Wouldn't surprise me if Zimmerman's Dad was able to call in some favors for his son.
Did you not read what you quoted?

In Virginia a magistrate is not what you really think of as a "judge". Most of them are not even lawyers. They're liked souped up court clerks.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,159,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Well, well, well. It does appear that there is a head injury. I wonder if the "Rush To Judgement Pawns" will step forth and opine on this image?

53 posts, read 34,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
I am deeply saddened to know that I live in a country where adults do not even know the basic difference between right and wrong. The fundamental issue in this entire case was whether or not Zimmerman feared for his life. How can you make the claim you feared for your life when you pursued your so-called attacker? It is astonishing that so many people are caught up in their own deep-rooted racist and stereotypical beliefs that they absolutely refuse to accept the basic undisputable facts of the case. Yet I am positive that if Zimmerman was a grown black man, and Martin was a young white teenager, these same individuals would do a complete 180 and call for Zimmerman’s head. I myself see the facts the same way regardless of what age or race Zimmerman or Martin is/was. Zimmerman LEFT his vehicle, APPROACHED Martin, and anything after that is a direct result of those two actions and decisions, now he has to pay the price for it.

And there are just no words for the Sanford PD. I strongly believe that had they thoroughly investigated this matter from the start, this story would not have blown up to the magnitude it has today. In that regards, I hold them even more accountable than Zimmerman.
Fine work

None of this would've happened if the loser would've kept his paranoid ass in the vehicle ... like he was supposed to.

But the pinhead didn't want, in his words, the 'assh*le' to get away ... even though the kid did absolutely nothing wrong.

This paranoid loser needs to go down hard (arrested and put behind bars)...

4,520 posts, read 4,214,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
all these ppl defending Zimmerman would want his head on a spike if the kid would have been white...guaranteed...
Agreed.

Hispanic would become illegal alien.
Unemployed would become welfare bum.
Neighborhood Watch Captain would become predator roaming the streets with a gun.
Son of a judge would become rich boy hiding behind Daddy's money and/or clout.

Thank God I'm not one of those people who pick and choose when to become outraged. The murder of anyone (especially a young person) is a heartbreaking thing. I couldn't imagine taking an "Oh well, s/he deserved it" approach just because the child was white.

This mindset is the very lowest of low.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:21 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,159,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
all these ppl defending Zimmerman would want his head on a spike if the kid would have been white...guaranteed...
No, not "guaranteed." White people aren't as quick to rush to judgement and make non-racial issues into racial issues as the black community is. The first "hint" of racism and Al Sharpton and his Pawns are on the scene making a mountain out of a molehill.

Personally, I feel this whole episode is a shameful exhibition of the caliber of people that we have in America. How can so many people have such utter contempt for Constitutionally protected due process? Skin color over everything else. It's disgusting.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,859,471 times
Suppose the black kid had defended himself against the white guy with a legal handgun. Then who would be protecting whom?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:23 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,214,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Did you not read what you quoted?

In Virginia a magistrate is not what you really think of as a "judge". Most of them are not even lawyers. They're liked souped up court clerks.
How does this negate the fact that he might have friends in high (judicial) places?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:25 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,774,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, well, well. It does appear that there is a head injury. I wonder if the "Rush To Judgement Pawns" will step forth and opine on this image?
Dude. You can't tell anything pro or con from that links image. Their enhancement method is very, very poor. I would let that one go and wait for more info to come out as this video is still fairly new.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:29 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,779,608 times
Quote:
No, not "guaranteed." White people aren't as quick to rush to judgement...
white conservatives are...immediately after the shooting, they instinctively defended Zimmerman and attacked the character of the black kid. if the kid was white it would have been the other way around...GUARENTEED!...

Old 03-29-2012, 07:29 AM

754 posts, read 1,741,006 times
Quote:
No, not "guaranteed." White people aren't as quick to rush to judgement and make non-racial issues into racial issues as the black community is. The first "hint" of racism and Al Sharpton and his Pawns are on the scene making a mountain out of a molehill.

Personally, I feel this whole episode is a shameful exhibition of the caliber of people that we have in America. How can so many people have such utter contempt for Constitutionally protected due process? Skin color over everything else. It's disgusting.

OH MY GOODNESS! Are you living under a rock? The reason why so many people are upset is because they feel due process was NOT served. Why did it take multiple weeks of contact with the PD, protests, and media coverage for all of this information to be released from the police department??? If this case never gained national notoriety rest assured Martin's parents would NEVER have any peace. If that was YOUR child, you would want to know WHY you had to bury your son before his time. That is the bottom line! Forget race, forget all of the other BS, it is about one thing, JUSTICE. That is it. You hold disdain against others for the same exact thing you are doing yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies