Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 09:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,041,926 times

Advertisements

What does your post have to do with chanting USA in the USA??? Nothing is of course the answer except all the left see's is racism, bigotry and xenophobia etc. etc. It is how your programmed by your leaders. You just follow along like a good little comrade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 09:48 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What does your post have to do with chanting USA in the USA??? Nothing is of course the answer except all the left see's is racism, bigotry and xenophobia etc. etc. It is how your programmed by your leaders. You just follow along like a good little comrade.
All I did was state that racism and bigotry are bad traits and you got upset, so upset that you resorted to calling me a Communist.

I guess you were offended

Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 PM

Yeah because I'm tired of you lefties calling everyone racists all the time. That is all you folks do anymore. That is all you got. It's been that way after every failure your orator has put on the table. I'm not offended I'm just tired of your nonsense. And you are a communist based on the posts I read from you.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:11 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,305 times
Quote:
Yeah because I'm tired of you lefties calling everyone racists all the time. That is all you folks do anymore. That is all you got. It's been that way after every failure your orator has put on the table. I'm not offended I'm just tired of your nonsense. And you are a communist based on the posts I read from you.
Funny, I didn't call you a racist, nor did I call anyone else a racist. I made a comment that racism is bad and you took offense to it.

You are acting the same exact way as the Hispanic students who took offense to the shouting of "America America America!!"

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-08-2012 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,311,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
How is this not racist?

They essentially said "you are not real Americans, we are because we are white."

Why else would they chant it? It makes literally no sense.

Nothing more to see here than excusing racism and fear mongering, typical of the left wing.

Nationalism is a horrible disease.
To be fair, I don't think it necessarily had to be a white-thing. I have seen people of all different races come together as "Americans" and have views that express their patrotism.

This situation though I think reflects the ignorance the exists about who is an American and who is an immigrant and to add to that, the illegal immigrant problem is adding the other element to that.

These boys might have developed a slight sense of bigotry (in the way that kids in their area might become because of the cultural divisions) and they allowed their victory to somehow make them think that it was an "us-against-them" kind of situation. Instead of realizing that it is simply a high school basketball game WITHIN an American school district and not some international match. Even in an international match, it is not a good idea to chant your countries name AFTER beating someone. You can do it, but it really has to be in good spirit and fashion, not in a condescending manner.

San Antonio is a confusing area because even though the majority of the population is Mexican or Mexican-American, many Americans haven't accepted them.

Last edited by SoEdible; 03-07-2012 at 10:42 PM..

Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,026,280 times
Quote:
I thought this was an onion gag but apparently not. Chanting USA is now racist in this PC "I'm offended" utopia created by the left handed lunatics. The country has gone insane.

"But it was just after the trophy presentation when the coach was not proud of the chant coming from Alamo Heights fans."USA, USA, USA," they chanted.
San Antonio Independent School District officials took the chant as a racial insult to a school with all minority players from a school with mostly white ones."

Now the comments from those who are teaching our children..........

"We just hope that people know that that's not who we are and we're not going to let it happen again," Brown said.

Alamo Heights has apologized to SAISD and the students identified will also have to apologize and have been banned from the state title games.

"We think that you have to earn a right to be there and that's not a reflection of our school district," Brown said.
Both districts are now just trying to move past this disturbing incident."

Racial incident mars high school game | Defenders - Home
Do you have ANY sensitivity to what happened to the players on the Edison team? They are Americans too. Unfortunately, this type of behavior has played in Texas schools since I was a young kid (1980s). I remember a bunch of stupid white guys (and it's usually them, the ones with ALL of the advantages) making fun of an opposing team that had all mexican american cheerleaders except one. Of course, one of them shouted, "I'll take the WHITE one". And of course they laughed at it later.
Rich white kids never seem to understand what racism is.
AHISD officials took the right action.

Last edited by wehotex; 03-07-2012 at 10:38 PM..

Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM

If they are Americans they wouldn't be upset about anybody chanting USA. I sure wouldn't. I may look at em strange or laugh it off like you say. I wouldn't go crying to a news crew about being offended that's for sure. If I were on the team I'd be upset we lost and not even be listening to the crowd. Actually if you watched the video when it panned around the team had already left the court.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,026,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The problem is that these students claim that only Whites are Americans, which would mean you, who claim to be Black, is not America, assuming your story is true.
I wonder if he really is black?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,311,515 times
Quote:
If they are Americans they wouldn't be upset about anybody chanting USA. I sure wouldn't. I may look at em strange or laugh it off like you say. I wouldn't go crying to a news crew about being offended that's for sure. If I were on the team I'd be upset we lost and not even be listening to the crowd. Actually if you watched the video when it panned around the team had already left the court.
Actually the opposing team was still there and I think the issue is that the other team could sense why they were chanting "USA." You have to look at this from their point of view. You think that group of Mexican-Americans or whichever ethnicity they were did not catch on to why the other team was chanting "USA?"

Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,500,849 times
Quote:
I thought this was an onion gag but apparently not. Chanting USA is now racist in this PC "I'm offended" utopia created by the left handed lunatics. The country has gone insane.

"But it was just after the trophy presentation when the coach was not proud of the chant coming from Alamo Heights fans."USA, USA, USA," they chanted.
San Antonio Independent School District officials took the chant as a racial insult to a school with all minority players from a school with mostly white ones."

Now the comments from those who are teaching our children..........

"We just hope that people know that that's not who we are and we're not going to let it happen again," Brown said.

Alamo Heights has apologized to SAISD and the students identified will also have to apologize and have been banned from the state title games.

"We think that you have to earn a right to be there and that's not a reflection of our school district," Brown said.
Both districts are now just trying to move past this disturbing incident."

Racial incident mars high school game | Defenders - Home
I question the winning team's motivation. It's not like they were playing a foreign team. With that said, I don't think it's a racist incident.

[odd, but not racist]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies