Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:03 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,323,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Every woman who has a termination has a very tough decission to make...... they do not make that decission without a lot of soul searching but there is a point at which a termination becomes extremely traumatic for the mother and baby and there must be guidlines to prevent her being psychologically scarred. You think the mother should be able to terminate at late term and i think you are wrong....... hormones are going wild and a time limit must be in place for the sake of the mother and baby. Maybe you also think a pregnant woman should have the freedom to take drugs or drink alcohol or smoke during pregnancy, after all that is her choice too.
Here is a pic of a 24 week fetus and in my opinion that is far to far down the road of pregnancy for a termination......... maybe you think it's ok but i disagree with you.
As I said, you're only pro-choice when it meets your wants.
Too bad.
Yes, her hormones make her too stupid to decide for herself.
We women just can't be responsible for ourselves and need a man to tell us what's right or wrong.

Personally, I don't care at what point they have an abortion to; I believe that most believe that it should be when the fetus is viable outside of the womb.

But you know, it's not my (nor your) decision to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 06:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Ahhh! A good old Grinchism. You can count on Newt to dredge up some nonsense and someone here to regurgitate it.
I know. LOL. They'll come here to repeat everything they hear without looking at the facts.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-27-2012 at 06:32 AM..

Old 02-27-2012, 06:18 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,395,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Illinois’ preexisting protections were “loophole-ridden” and only applied to babies who were considered to have “sustainable survivability,” leaving pre-“viable” newborns unprotected.

The Chicago Tribune reported that “prosecutors in IL entered into a consent decree in 1993 agreeing not to prosecute doctors for apparent or alleged violations of the law based on ‘born alive’ definitions or other definitions.

A de facto legalization of infanticide under certain conditions was already in place in Illinois, and Obama’s votes blocked measures to end it.

This completely TRUE!!. Obama actually SPONSORED the bill through passage. This legislation allows doctors to put LIVE BABIES that lived through an abortion into a closet to die. This is murder.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,489,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I know. LOL. They'll come here to repeat anything they hear without looking at the facts.

Read all 10 pages up to this point, and you'll find all kinds of credible quotes and links to credible sources.

Or look it up yourself.

I can't believe you'd say that nobody looked at the facts.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:01 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,859,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Too bad.
We women just can't be responsible for ourselves and need a man to tell us what's right or wrong.

Personally, I don't care at what point they have an abortion to; I believe that most believe that it should be when the fetus is viable outside of the womb.

Obviously you are not listening to what i am saying but what you want to see. I am pro choice but that does not mean i am pro murder too.
I believe tat every woman has a right to have a abortion. I aso believe that every woman has a obligation to make sure that when she decides to have a abortion it is before a viable baby is formed in the womb.
You might not care at what point a abortion is performed and it should be when the fetus is viable outside the womb. Amillia Taylor, who was born in Miami October 2007, 21 weeks and six days after conception. She weighed less than 10oz at birth - not even as much as two ordinary bars of soap - and she was just 9½ inches long. This example does not mean that babies should be delivered this early but does show how the term viable outside the womb now means at 21 weeks.
Having knee jerk reactions when a man suggests something doesn't help any argument.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,564,240 times
Quote:
Too bad.

Dontcha just love those sterile, clinical and impersonal terms that make us feel better about snuffing out that life??

Newly pregnant couples always call family members to tell them, "Hey mom and dad, we're having a fetus!!"

Old 02-27-2012, 07:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,323,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Obviously you are not listening to what i am saying but what you want to see. I am pro choice but that does not mean i am pro murder too.
I believe tat every woman has a right to have a abortion. I aso believe that every woman has a obligation to make sure that when she decides to have a abortion it is before a viable baby is formed in the womb.
You might not care at what point a abortion is performed and it should be when the fetus is viable outside the womb. Amillia Taylor, who was born in Miami October 2007, 21 weeks and six days after conception. She weighed less than 10oz at birth - not even as much as two ordinary bars of soap - and she was just 9½ inches long. This example does not mean that babies should be delivered this early but does show how the term viable outside the womb now means at 21 weeks.
Having knee jerk reactions when a man suggests something doesn't help any argument.
When anyone suggests it, not limited to men and trust me, I'm not trying to curry your approval.
I'm listening to you loud and clear!

Go for the outliers, that's always a great way to make a law.
That extreme premature fetus cannot exist without extreme measures and will, most likely, have serious health problems.
Funny, how earlier you wanted the cut-off to be 8 weeks.
Still, it doesn't affect you one bit what another person decides to do with their body.

You get pregnant, you decide.
Until then, ummmm, not so much.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:46 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,859,361 times
Quote:
When anyone suggests it.
I'm listening to you loud and clear!

Go for the outliers, that's always a great way to make a law.
That extreme premature fetus cannot exist without extreme measures and will, most likely, have serious health problems.

You get pregnant, you decide.
Until then, ummmm, not so much.
As i said, i am not suggesting babies should be delivered earlier and earlier as they need to develop but i have seen how the termination of a baby when formed really affects even the most hardened women who abort for many reasons. Abortion is always a hard choice for a woman and not a choice taken lightly. What i am saying is that a termination should be performed as early as possible as the later it is the more likely for huge problems for the expectant Mum and baby.
Being pro choice does not mean i can't be pro concern for a proceedure that must be regulated for both mother and babies sake.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,083,048 times
This topic was proven to be a non issue four years ago, Newt is bringing it up now to deflect the FACT he is an Adulterer multiple times.

Sanitorium wants a Christian version of Sharia in this country.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,489,769 times
Of course it's a non issue for Democrats and their media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies