Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:52 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,798,183 times

Advertisements

I have nothing against liberals. Some of my best friends are. But the way they think is foreign to me. They are against religion in schools yet they push those Harry Potter books for reading (which is Wicca).

They think its okay to murder little babies, but are all about saving the whales and protecting animals ( I love animals too, but I like humans even better)

They are always protesting about something or other. They seem to have little or no sense of humor.. take themselves way too seriously.

They say "hate" is not a family value yet they don't mind putting bumper stickers about how much they hate George Bush.

I really don't understand liberals. But they make this world interesting I guess.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:03 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Do you have any serious questions or comments, or do you just have a series of caricatures you'd like to share?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 PM

454 posts, read 1,339,239 times
No, but I think there may be a mental disorder called speakus ignorantum. Not sure, though.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. Im just saying Hilary Clinton makes no sense and neither do 90% of liberals. All these environmental whackos want to get rid of flush toilets. Yikes. Liberalism is a disease. All I can say is thank God for Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:14 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
liberalism.. comes from liberty... if seeking more liberties for all is a mental disorder... then.. perhaps you need the check-up from the neck up...
I bet you got lots of "blacks" and "gays" as friends too?
give me a freekin break... somewhere our education system has failed us to have topics like this... sounds like someone's been going to church and mingling with their good ole white boy friends more than going to school and learning HOW to think.. and think logically...
its sad....

Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
I don’t know if it a mental illness or if some people are extremely susceptible to propaganda. What I have found most profound is if you are talking to a liberal in person you can see them actually physically repel from the very thought of hearing the other side.

I like hearing the other side even if I do not agree with them. You never know if someone can change your mind about something because of their difference experience.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:21 PM

454 posts, read 1,339,239 times
Us and them. Us and them. Suuuuuuuuuch a useful point of view.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times
Is there anything about the definition of "citizenship" (rights, responsibility, including common welfare) that relates to a mental disorder?

Is there anything relating to a mental disorder about the general idea that, because human beings don't have complete knowledge about history, the natural world around us, the future, economic processes and principles, or human psychology, to mention a few examples, the rules and norms of society should be at least somewhat FLEXIBLE, even PROGRESSIVE, enough to accommodate new discoveries in those fields that would benefit most people?

Last edited by ParkTwain; 09-06-2007 at 11:46 PM..

Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
liberalism.. comes from liberty... if seeking more liberties for all is a mental disorder... then.. perhaps you need the check-up from the neck up...
I bet you got lots of "blacks" and "gays" as friends too?
give me a freekin break... somewhere our education system has failed us to have topics like this... sounds like someone's been going to church and mingling with their good ole white boy friends more than going to school and learning HOW to think.. and think logically...
its sad....
Thats where its skewed... Only liberties for people who act and think like them. None for Christians, or people who have morals, etc.

A lot of liberals I meet are some of the most selfish people I know.

Did you know that studies show Conservatives give twice to much to charity as Liberals? Its true.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Is there anything about the definition of "citizenship" (rights, responsibility, including common welfare) that relates to a mental disorder?
Responsibility? Absence of personal responsibility is what liberals push. Rights? Liberals are constantly attacking rights, like parental rights or the rights of Christians or our rights to disagree (if we do we are called a number of choice names). H*ll they even attack they very right to life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies