Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:35 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,872 times

Advertisements

well that is because religions set up many charities.. there are plenty of liberties for christians.. they are allowed to exist.. liberals more protect people who are not christian and keep christian beliefs OUT of government.. because seperation of church and state... charities usually have some connection to a church.. and I for one.. do not trust any christian church...
so.. I don't give money to some rich white guy who say's he's going to help people in africa... I give my money directly to the local food bank.. or a bum on the street....

Old 09-06-2007, 11:36 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
Thats where its skewed... Only liberties for people who act and think like them. None for Christians, or people who have morals, etc.

A lot of liberals I meet are some of the most selfish people I know.

Did you know that studies show Conservatives give twice to much to charity as Liberals? Its true.

It’s a culture of narcissism.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:38 PM

wanting your christian beliefs taught in schools as fact.. is not rights.. that is pushing something onto others.. and hindering their rights...
you as a christian are allowed to practice and believe what you want.. so long as it doesn't harm or take away rights from someone else... so.. if you want your kids to be taught in this manner.. then u send them to a christian school.. NOT a public school...

Old 09-06-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
wanting your christian beliefs taught in schools as fact.. is not rights.. that is pushing something onto others.. and hindering their rights...
you as a christian are allowed to practice and believe what you want.. so long as it doesn't harm or take away rights from someone else... so.. if you want your kids to be taught in this manner.. then u send them to a christian school.. NOT a public school...
The whole purpose of blocking anything Christian in the schools is to break down morality. They want children to go up never questioning their actions or believing they may have to answer for them. They want to create and atmosphere of "Whatever feels good. Do it".

Nobody is fooled here.

What liberals want is the absence of choice to believe or not and leave children open for their propaganda.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:43 PM

454 posts, read 1,339,731 times
Quote:
Thats where its skewed... Only liberties for people who act and think like them. None for Christians, or people who have morals, etc.

A lot of liberals I meet are some of the most selfish people I know.

Did you know that studies show Conservatives give twice to much to charity as Liberals? Its true.
Can you tell me which liberties Christians are being denied?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:44 PM

572 posts, read 2,089,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I don’t know if it a mental illness or if some people are extremely susceptible to propaganda. What I have found most profound is if you are talking to a liberal in person you can see them actually physically repel from the very thought of hearing the other side.

I like hearing the other side even if I do not agree with them. You never know if someone can change your mind about something because of their difference experience.
So, seeing as you're a self-proclaimed "former-liberal", tell us - was it a mental disorder? You seem to have come out of it...or have you?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 PM

454 posts, read 1,339,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
The whole purpose of blocking anything Christian in the schools is to break down morality. They want children to go up never questioning their actions or believing they may have to answer for them. They want to create and atmosphere of "Whatever feels good. Do it".

Nobody is fooled here.
You continually paint an us versus them picture in your posts. Why? I am going to assume you haven't met every liberal in the country since you clearly have not met me or any of my friends. So how is it you are able to make categorical statements about a group of people as huge as liberals in the U.S.?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:46 PM

citigirl is wonderful.. full of good ideas.. and she's a real sweetheart.... this country needs more people like her.... setting the record straight.. no bs gets by her.. thats for sure.. not on her watch..

Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremeyk482 View Post
So, seeing as you're a self-proclaimed "former-liberal", tell us - was it a mental disorder? You seem to have come out of it...or have you?
I have NEVER been a liberal. I had been a Democrat and then I woke up.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,464,535 times
Quote:
I have nothing against liberals. Some of my best friends are. But the way they think is foreign to me. They are against religion in schools yet they push those Harry Potter books for reading (which is Wicca).

They think its okay to murder little babies, but are all about saving the whales and protecting animals ( I love animals too, but I like humans even better)

They are always protesting about something or other. They seem to have little or no sense of humor.. take themselves way too seriously.

They say "hate" is not a family value yet they don't mind putting bumper stickers about how much they hate George Bush.

I really don't understand liberals. But they make this world interesting I guess.

It's pretty clear that you don't have a very firm idea about the meaning of the word "liberal." Maybe you picked up the word from watching The Cartoon Channel. Maybe you should go look it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies