Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 04:24 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,529,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think you have watched F.I.S.T too many times. That's Hollywood, not reality.
I have no clue what F.I.S.T. IS. And the only movie I've seen about movies is Matewan. And that was 20 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The second paragraph is just plain too ridiculous to even address. Do you really believe that kind of garbage coming out of your mouth? That goes for the forth paragraph as well i.e. union "thugs" went the way of Jimmy Hoffa many decades ago.
I got you now. What unions did when Jimmy Hoffa was around is no longer important. Todays union boss is benevolent and is only looking out for the worker.

But what some CEO did in 1897 is totally relevant and proves that all CEOs in 2011 are evil and greedy and would screw anyone if the unions weren't around to protect us.

I got it now.

Typical union lemmings.

P.S. How can unions say they are about workers rights when they call certain workers "scabs" and intimidate them and sometimes use violence against them? A "scab" is a worker too, is he not?

If unions cared about the working man they would have no problem with a "scab". Period.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:37 PM

Since the year 2000 union members have filed 13,815 complaints against labor unions with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:
  • 4,248 complaints of race discrimination
  • 3,386 complaints of age discrimination
  • 1,820 complaints of sex discrimination
  • 1,642 complaints of disability discrimination
  • 297complaints of religious discrimination
Union Facts: Discrimination by Unions

All government data on this link.

P.S. I know some of you delusional lefties out there accused me of rewriting history when I said unions were/are racist. That's all right. No need to say your sorry. I already know how sorry you are. And if I forget one of you will remind shortly.

Last edited by OhioIstheBest; 12-25-2011 at 05:02 PM..

Old 12-25-2011, 04:42 PM

Congressional testimony of Harry Alford in 1999:

"Let us look at a few examples. (of union racism) The City of Detroit has embarked on a major construction expansion including a new football stadium and a new major league baseball park -- across the street from each other. Even though the City of Detroit has a population that is 77 percent Black, these two projects which have been declared 'union only' will, at best, average no more than 15 percent African American participation in the workforce. This is a disaster!"

If a non-union employer in Detroit only employed 15% black people he'd be villified and run out of business by Democrats.

But unions give big money to leftie politicians. So it doesn't matter. Screw the blacks. They'll vote for us anyway. That's the mentality of the left.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:54 PM

More testimony by Mr. Alford before Congress in 1999:

"Travel to Indianapolis where still, as of two days ago, they have segregated union halls. Go to the 'black union hall' for cement workers on 1502 Martin Luther King Ave. If you want white workers visit the 'white union hall' on North Sherman Ave. The same is for carpenters. Go to the hall on east 38th street for black workers and visit the hall on south Madison for white workers."

That wasn't 1920 Birmingham. It was 1999 Indianapolis!!!

This was right in the middle of one of the greatest economic expansions in world history. And when we had a liberal president then too. (Thought liberals ended this kind of nonsense).

It's really quite simple folks. Unions are not about workers rights. They are about keeping as many people out of the workforce as possible. That makes their workers more valuable. Which means more money. If someone who is willing to work for less for a while to gain the necessary skills to them earn more later they threaten union members. So the unions keep them out of the workforce in the first place. This also makes it more difficult to replace someone on strike. And, for whatever reasons, blacks are the ones that get screwed because of union practices.

Like I said. If unions really gave a rat's ass about workers they wouldn't have aproblem with "scabs". And they wouldn't have seperate halls based on race.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:32 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,475,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Unions started in the United States to keep blacks and Asians out of the workforce.

They have been tied to the Mafia since the beginning.

40 hour work week was started in non-union shops. (Endicott-Johnson and Ford in the 1890s and early 1900s)

Health insurance for employees was started in non-union shops. Endicott-Johnson and defense contractors. 1890s and WW2)

Wages were rising in non-union manufacturing shops at much higher rates from 1860-1914 than after the unions started gaining power in the 30s. (50% from 1860-1890 and another 34% 1890-1914, adjusted for inflation).

Child labor in manufacturing was virtually eradicated by capitalists by 1920. But unions claim credit for getting rid of it by getting laws passed in 1937.

Unions are nothing more than racist mafia types that will lie, scam and cheat about anything to get money and power.

That's why they get bonuses.
This is by far the BEST REVISIONIST RENDERING of the untruth ever posted on C-D...

Is this from the Ronald Regan Labor Relations Manual?

Just like republickin mantra--SAY IT OFTEN ENOUGH EVERYONE WILL BELIEVE IT

SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH< NO ONE WILL HEAR THE TRUTH...

Old 12-25-2011, 05:35 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,894,953 times
bek they bring home the bacon bek they get me the increased pay and benefits i deserve.???
just guessing.
what u think the boss is guna give it to me bek he likes me or thinks im a good worker???. LOL. heck no he is guna reduce my check and benefits and get himself a bonus for doing it.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
This is by far the BEST REVISIONIST RENDERING of the untruth ever posted on C-D...

Is this from the Ronald Regan Labor Relations Manual?

Just like republickin mantra--SAY IT OFTEN ENOUGH EVERYONE WILL BELIEVE IT

SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH< NO ONE WILL HEAR THE TRUTH...
Everything I said was true. And can easily be verified by doing Google searches.

Matter of fact, government data backs up most everything I said.

It's the unions that have rewritten history. Look what union bosses said about blacks when they were getting started. Look at the number of blacks employed in union shops as opposed to non-union shops. Look at those numbers today. it aint that good.

It's pretty obvious the unions are the racists while the capitalists are not.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:02 PM

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why unions have problems with "scabs" if they are all about workers?????

Are "scabs" workers? Yes they are. So why do unions do everything they can to intimidate them. They have even been known to murder "scabs" on occassion.

Jack London's famous description of "scabs"

"When God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, the vampire, He had some awful substance left with which he made a scab.... the modern strikebreaker sells his birthright, his country, his wife, his children, and his fellow men for an unfilled promise from his employer, trust, or corporation"

This song was written by Joe Hill in response to "scabs" during a strike at the Harriman & Illinois Central Railroad System workers. It is still reprinted in union literature in Austrailia:

The Workers on the S. P. line to strike sent out a call;
But Casey Jones, the engineer, he wouldn't strike at all;
His boiler it was leaking, and its drivers on the bum,
And his engine and its bearings, they were all out of plumb.

Casey Jones kept his junk pile running;
Casey Jones was working double time;
Casey Jones got a wooden medal,
For being good and faithful on the S. P. line.

The workers said to Casey: "Won't you help us win this strike?"
But Casey said: "Let me alone, you'd better take a hike."
Then some one put a bunch of railroad ties across the track,
And Casey hit the river bottom with an awful crack.

Casey Jones hit the river bottom;
Casey Jones broke his blessed spine;
Casey Jones was an Angelino,
He took a trip to heaven on the S. P. line.

When Casey Jones got up to heaven, to the Pearly Gate,
He said: "I'm Casey Jones, the guy that pulled the S. P. freight."
You're just the man," said Peter, "our musicians went on strike;
You can get a job a'scabbing any time you like."

Casey Jones got up to heaven;
Casey Jones was doing mighty fine;
Casey Jones went scabbing on the angels,
Just like he did to workers of the S. P. line.

They got together, and they said it wasn't fair,
For Casey Jones to go around a'scabbing everywhere.
The Angels' Union No. 23, they sure were there,
And they promptly fired Casey down the Golden Stairs.

Casey Jones went to Hell a'flying;
"Casey Jones," the Devil said, "Oh fine:
Casey Jones, get busy shovelling sulphur;
That's what you get for scabbing on the S. P. Line."

Stunning. Unions are about workers. LOLs. Let's tell the truth here. Unions are about workers that are willing to give union bosses money and power. They sing about murdering other workers and hope they end up shoveleling sulfur for Satan.

What a classy bunch. Those unions. Lols.

P.S. That song also says Satan is pro-union. LOLS. That's a group I wanna join. The one that Satan sides with. LOLs.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,374,584 times
You're bringing up a song written 100 years ago as some kind of proof that you have a clue what you're talking about? What a laugh. Makes about as much sense as the links you posted earlier to known anti-union sites and pretending it shows unbiased "facts."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies