Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 11:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,279,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Try as you might Africans and Caribbean immigrants and their children have different cultural values then the vast majority of Black Americans. Not that I actually care, but you'd be surprise how many white people can tell the difference between Africans and Black Americans.

Again this is a major difference between Black Americans and Africans, you guys are very invested in how white folks see you. Maybe it's a legacy of slavery. My condemnation of Black Americans' sick culture has nothing to do with making myself appear good to whites. I don't care really.
Nah, it's actually the complete opposite. African and Caribbean immigrants (moreso African immigrants by a long shot) are obsessed with how they're being viewed by whites and you know it. Your posts are quite indicative of that.

And if Africa is so replete with wonderful cultural values, what the hell are you doing here instead of THERE???

Right. I thought so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 11:48 AM

2,674 posts, read 4,400,963 times
Quote:
My condemnation of Black Americans' sick culture has nothing to do with making myself appear good to whites. I don't care really.
Wow. You really just referred to Black American (actually Blacks only exhist in America so not needed, but I like being an American) Culture as sick. The entirety of Black culture. Not hip-hop culture, not gang-culture but Black culture.

Self-hatred (in presented arguments at least), insincerity and insecurity are flashing in neon.

Is 'different cultural values' code for superior? America isn't a banana republic (which actually is a pejorative name for a store) that's still in love with it's colonizers.

And do you think Africans are indigenous to the caribbean? They didn't swim there from Africa.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:28 PM

We should all be Americans first.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,570,702 times
Quote:
Try as you might Africans and Caribbean immigrants and their children have different cultural values then the vast majority of Black Americans. Not that I actually care, but you'd be surprise how many white people can tell the difference between Africans and Black Americans.

Again this is a major difference between Black Americans and Africans, you guys are very invested in how white folks see you. Maybe it's a legacy of slavery. My condemnation of Black Americans' sick culture has nothing to do with making myself appear good to whites. I don't care really.

No, you are heavily invested in denigrating African Americans.

It's ok Edward, I see you and I know what you are. A person who is secure and confident would have no need to spend so much energy attempting to distance and distinguish themselves to those whom they resemble. All one has to do is read your posts to know that you are desperately seeking the approval of conservative White Americans.

And really it matters not that they are able to distinguish you from African Americans, they still don't want to see your Black face sitting at their dinner table or kissing their White daughter. And your attitude would not let you into the good graces of educated, upper class Blacks either. So its no wonder that you are so bitter. You are truly an outsider.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No, you are heavily invested in denigrating African Americans.

It's ok Edward, I see you and I know what you are. A person who is secure and confident would have no need to spend so much energy attempting to distance and distinguish themselves to those whom they resemble. All one has to do is read your posts to know that you are desperately seeking the approval of conservative White Americans.

And really it matters not that they are able to distinguish you from African Americans, they still don't want to see your Black face sitting at their dinner table or kissing their White daughter. And your attitude would not let you into the good graces of educated, upper class Blacks either. So its no wonder that you are so bitter. You are truly an outsider.
D.C. is not the place to spout nonsense as he's done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies