Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The ignorant part of your statement is that you are attempting to elevate yourself while stepping on the necks of ALL of the Black Americans who came before you and sacrificed life, limb and liberty so that people like yourself (and your immigrant African family) could take advantage of ALL that America has to offer. It was the descendants of slaves who fought for Civil Rights in America and you spit on those people each and every time you post your anti-Black American vile.

I suspect that you are bitter because despite the fact that you believe yourself to be superior to Americans who happen to be the descendants of African slaves, your Black self is treated exactly the same. I really must make you angry that some White people see your Black face and check the n!$$er box on you, right?
At a certain point, you can't pay it any mind. The dude races to be the first person in anti-black threads to put down black people....and he's pretty good at it too. Always coming up with a new angle.

If he doesn't consider himself a part of the black community because he's managed to do ok for himself (as if that makes him special), then that's fine. He won't be missed.

But like a lot of black folks that take this path, he'll be put in his place sooner or later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 AM

45,444 posts, read 60,653,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So you wandered around campus with a suitcase and lemonade machine towed behind you in a wagon? Are you sure you don't below at one of these OWS protests??

The suitcase, maybe, at least getting it/them into the dorm. The mix machine was in the room.
Yes, college students seem to have a corner on the market for being dumbasses, Christ knows I did. That does not negate the fact that they are adults, always are talking about wanting to be treated like adults and several posters on here, who are assumed to be adults, want them to have a do-over on something that, had a non-college attending adult done, would have ended up in posting bail.

Universities kick kids out for various violations weekly, some that don't even rise to a criminal charge level. You can bet your ass that those kids don't get "refunds".

On another tack:
It's a shame that this thread has turned into a "race" thread. Only a couple of posters have brought race into it but it's poisoned the entire conversation.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:24 AM

2,674 posts, read 4,395,590 times
Quote:
The ignorant part of your statement is that you are attempting to elevate yourself while stepping on the necks of ALL of the Black Americans who came before you and sacrificed life, limb and liberty so that people like yourself (and your immigrant African family) could take advantage of ALL that America has to offer. It was the descendants of slaves who fought for Civil Rights in America and you spit on those people each and every time you post your anti-Black American vile.

I suspect that you are bitter because despite the fact that you believe yourself to be superior to Americans who happen to be the descendants of African slaves, your Black self is treated exactly the same. I really must make you angry that some White people see your Black face and check the n!$$er box on you, right?
Kudos.

And with that I will never have anything else to write about his comments.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The suitcase, maybe, at least getting it/them into the dorm. The mix machine was in the room.
Yes, college students seem to have a corner on the market for being dumbasses, Christ knows I did. That does not negate the fact that they are adults, always are talking about wanting to be treated like adults and several posters on here, who are assumed to be adults, want them to have a do-over on something that, had a non-college attending adult done, would have ended up in posting bail.

Universities kick kids out for various violations weekly, some that don't even rise to a criminal charge level. You can bet your ass that those kids don't get "refunds".

On another tack:
It's a shame that this thread has turned into a "race" thread. Only a couple of posters have brought race into it but it's poisoned the entire conversation.
Discuss.

Last edited by GreyDay; 11-20-2011 at 11:39 AM..

Old 11-20-2011, 10:32 AM

45,444 posts, read 60,653,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Actually a domestic disturbance can be handled with a stern warning by the cops.

Not so much anymore, usually ends in one or both being hauled off to post bail. This was also more than a "domestic", blows were exchanged (that's what gets the handcuffs put on someone) and something (the scalding water) was used as a weapon.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:40 AM

Maybe in MD.

Last edited by GreyDay; 11-20-2011 at 11:40 AM..

Old 11-20-2011, 10:47 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's COLLEGE!!! Fighting and acting like an ass is what college kids do. They're young, dumb and immature.

I mean, "current crop of college kiddies?" LOL....you kidding me. My father can tell you stories of his time at Northwestern that would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up, and he was there from '58-'63. Stuff that i wouldn't have dare thought of doing when i was in school.

What are you guys....a bunch of angels? Either that, or you grew up waaaaaay too sheltered.
Do those grand times include scalding someone with boiling water?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Do those grand times include scalding someone with boiling water?
I venture you've never set foot north of Georgia and U Street N.W.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:05 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:

Try as you might Africans and Caribbean immigrants and their children have different cultural values then the vast majority of Black Americans. Not that I actually care, but you'd be surprise how many white people can tell the difference between Africans and Black Americans.

Again this is a major difference between Black Americans and Africans, you guys are very invested in how white folks see you. Maybe it's a legacy of slavery. My condemnation of Black Americans' sick culture has nothing to do with making myself appear good to whites. I don't care really.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:25 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,607,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
When did expelling students from school, or firing people from work for that matter, for being violent become a controversy?

This is fine with me.
apparently some have never attended a university where dorm damage etc occurs...is why campus police exist.

Why is this issue controversial? Its been a fact- esp. for you parents sending kids to SUNY schools...I find it difficult to believe any1 over age 20 finds it "shocking" . It sounds more like phony outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies