Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:28 PM

20,503 posts, read 12,456,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Jimmy Carter is widely considered to one of the most intelligent Presidents that we have ever had. I have to question the intelligence of anyone who would call him an idiot. You may disagree with his political stance on issues, but there is little question among most people in the know that he is a very bright man.
oh good grief. Jimmy Carter was derided as a back woods hick from Georgia!

only a neo-prog attempting to revise a very dark history would make such an asinine statement!

Jimmy Carter didn’t know his rear end from a hole in the ground and was one of the worst presidents of the 20th century. The guy was an utter failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 01:45 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,992,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
oh good grief. Jimmy Carter was derided as a back woods hick from Georgia!

only a neo-prog attempting to revise a very dark history would make such an asinine statement!

Jimmy Carter didn’t know his rear end from a hole in the ground and was one of the worst presidents of the 20th century. The guy was an utter failure.
I am not debating whether he was a good president or not. You said he was an idiot. I think you may be a little bit uninformed.

The presidents with the highest IQs were: John Quincy Adams (175), Thomas Jefferson (160), John F. Kennedy (159.8), Bill Clinton (159), Jimmy Carter (156.8), Woodrow Wilson (155.2), Theodore Roosevelt (153), Chester A. Arthur (152.3), and Abraham Lincoln (150).

These are all estimates of course, but here is the research.

The lowest IQ belonged to Ulysses S. Grant (130). And just above him, to the delight of the Left, was President George W. Bush (138.5) Simonton discusses Bush at length, noting that the full range of IQ estimates put the president between 111 and 138.5, placing him only above Warren G. Harding on three of the four estimates.

History News Network (http://hnn.us/blogs/entries/31513.html - broken link)

Old 11-11-2011, 01:49 PM

13,710 posts, read 20,883,782 times
Quote:
I am not debating whether he was a good president or not. You said he was an idiot. I think you may be a little bit uninformed.

The presidents with the highest IQs were: John Quincy Adams (175), Thomas Jefferson (160), John F. Kennedy (159.8), Bill Clinton (159), Jimmy Carter (156.8), Woodrow Wilson (155.2), Theodore Roosevelt (153), Chester A. Arthur (152.3), and Abraham Lincoln (150).

These are all estimates of course, but here is the research.

The lowest IQ belonged to Ulysses S. Grant (130). And just above him, to the delight of the Left, was President George W. Bush (138.5) Simonton discusses Bush at length, noting that the full range of IQ estimates put the president between 111 and 138.5, placing him only above Warren G. Harding on three of the four estimates.

History News Network (http://hnn.us/blogs/entries/31513.html - broken link)
Estimates? How do they estimate the IQ of John Quincy Adams?

Hey, if it makes you feel better, Nixon was a pretty intelligent and hard working man as well. He was also petty, vindictive, dishonest, and very, very paranoid.

Some of us see things soberly.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Estimates? How do they estimate the IQ of John Quincy Adams?

Hey, if it makes you feel better, Nixon was a pretty intelligent and hard working man as well. He was also petty, vindictive, dishonest, and very, very paranoid.

Some of us see things soberly.
I provided a cite. I guess you did not bother to read.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I provided a cite. I guess you did not bother to read.
No, I read it. I reject his methodology and now I am asking you to explain it. As you cited it, I would think you could explain it.

Unless you are the one who did not read it.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
No, I read it. I reject his methodology and now I am asking you to explain it. As you cited it, I would think you could explain it.

Unless you are the one who did not read it.

You did not say you rejected the methodology. Do you also doubt that he is very intelligent or do you just doubt the methodology of the IQ scores. I can't debate the methodology of some psychologist intelligently. I would need a lot more information.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,557,855 times
What is the evidence he was smart enough to get re-elected?

Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 PM

170 posts, read 363,067 times
Default true but...

Now we have a host of problems facing the country coming from government and society and corporations. back then the problem was HIM.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
You did not say you rejected the methodology. Do you also doubt that he is very intelligent or do you just doubt the methodology of the IQ scores. I can't debate the methodology of some psychologist intelligently. I would need a lot more information.
I most certainly did say that. In the prior post. Here it is again verbatim:

"I reject his methodology and now I am asking you to explain it"

And if you cannot debate the methedology, then why in hell would you present it as evidence to back up your point?

Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I most certainly did say that. In the prior post. Here it is again verbatim:

"I reject his methodology and now I am asking you to explain it"

And if you cannot debate the methedology, then why in hell would you present it as evidence to back up your point?
Simmer down. I am not a psychologist. I can't do peer review of another psychologist. I gave you a study. You don't like fine. My question still remains though. Do you not think he is in intelligent or not. If you think he is, then why are we having this conversation. The thread was not about an IQ study, but Jimmy Carter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies