Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:52 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,735,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
All day, every day we are accused of being racists; now that HC is rising to the top, the radical left hate machine has to try extra hard to portray us as racists, even going so far as to claim that we are only voting for him to prove that we are not racist. lol Well, what if HC got the nominee and picked Rubio as his running mate? The Neo Prog propagandists would go crazy trying to spin hate outta that. lol
Don't worry........it'll never happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,317,949 times
This month it's Cain, last month it was Perry, month before that was Bachmann, month before that was Paul, and before that Trump.

LOLOLOL

Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,944,418 times
Quote:
I explained it once before, but I don't mind repeating again, you asked nicely. The term Neo Con (neoconservative) has been around for a while, so I figured if what's good for the proverbial goose, is good for the gander; i.e if we can have neo cons, why can't we have neo progs? My interpretation of a neo prog, is a modern day, western leftist, sadly the majority of whom have hijacked the democrat party. I will now give you some descriptions of Neo Prog behavior:

A Neo Prog professes tolerance, but is only tolerant towards those that they agree with. Disagree with Obama's policies? A Neo Prog will immediately label you a racist, as evidenced by nearly a dozen daily threads on this very forum.

Don't agree with abortion? A Neo Prog will immediately label you anti-woman.

Believe that marriage is between one man and one woman? A Neo Prog will immediately label you a bigot, homophobe and a hater.

Neo Progs basically believe that it is the governments job to provide for you and that the government, in it's infinite wisdom knows how to run your life better than you do.

Neo Progs believe in the politics of jealousy. They despise the rich and wish to take from them and give it to those that they deem less fortunate. They call it fairness or income redistribution. I call it stealing.

Neo Progs believe in the politics of personal destruction, i.e hate. Anyone with whom the disagree is stupid, bigoted, unenlightened, doesn't believe in science, etc. This tactic was first proscribed by a far left radical Saul Alinsky in his book Rule for Radicals (the Bible for many Neo Progs).

Any way, that's just a brief description of a Neo Prog, hope it helped.
Very interesting stuff.

Neoconservative was, like yours, a pejorative term, but it actually described the positions of the people being labeled as neoconservatives, and they eventually took on the label themselves and honed its ideological meaning.

Additionally, the neoconservative label usefully differentiated them from the normal conservative brand (which was a godsend for Republicans given Bush II's performance).

Your usage of neoprogressive, on the other hand, just seems like a caricature, a strawman that doesn't actually exist except in the minds of certain conservatives. Beyond that, I see nothing in your list that couldn't be applied to a liberal, if you were so inclined to cast them in the most negative light possible. What differentiates a neoprogressive from a progressive from a liberal?

Certainly, if ever a group of people on the left took up the mantle of "neoprogressive," they would define themselves much differently than you do. By the way, as someone familiar with a lot of people on the radical left, no one cares about Saul Alinsky, and almost all of them despise Obama.

It just seems like a very confused, unhelpful label. Just my opinion, though. Thanks for answering my question.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,128,052 times
No problem, I really don't disagree with anything that you wrote. Thanks for being civil, it's a breath of fresh air here. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Very interesting stuff.

Neoconservative was, like yours, a pejorative term, but it actually described the positions of the people being labeled as neoconservatives, and they eventually took on the label themselves and honed its ideological meaning.

Additionally, the neoconservative label usefully differentiated them from the normal conservative brand (which was a godsend for Republicans given Bush II's performance).

Your usage of neoprogressive, on the other hand, just seems like a caricature, a strawman that doesn't actually exist except in the minds of certain conservatives. Beyond that, I see nothing in your list that couldn't be applied to a liberal, if you were so inclined to cast them in the most negative light possible. What differentiates a neoprogressive from a progressive from a liberal?

Certainly, if ever a group of people on the left took up the mantle of "neoprogressive," they would define themselves much differently than you do. By the way, as someone familiar with a lot of people on the radical left, no one cares about Saul Alinsky, and almost all of them despise Obama.

It just seems like a very confused, unhelpful label. Just my opinion, though. Thanks for answering my question.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
This month it's Cain, last month it was Perry, month before that was Bachmann, month before that was Paul, and before that Trump.

LOLOLOL

Yup, it's called getting to know your candidates. Do democrats not do that? I thought that it was Kucinich then Hilary then Obama for you guys. Why the double standard?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Don't worry........it'll never happen.
I'm not worried at all. I'm actually excited by the possibility. Just outta curiosity, why do you say that it will never happen?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,748,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

LOLOLOL
For whom? Find quotes from the same people pushing all the different candidates. Not correcting your inane posts, but actually rooting for all 3 candidates.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,419,341 times
Quote:
All day, every day we are accused of being racists; now that HC is rising to the top, the radical left hate machine has to try extra hard to portray us as racists, even going so far as to claim that we are only voting for him to prove that we are not racist. lol Well, what if HC got the nominee and picked Rubio as his running mate? The Neo Prog propagandists would go crazy trying to spin hate outta that. lol
No I would actually like such a ticket. Read the RCP average on Cain and weep.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,344,584 times
At this point the Obama followers are scared of any ticket with Rubio on it.

He will win Florida for any of the GOP candidates and that is game over.

Watch the party of hate start attacking Cain even more.

They are going at anything that moves and it is fun to watch the party of hate do their normal hateful things.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,317,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
For whom? Find quotes from the same people pushing all the different candidates. Not correcting your inane posts, but actually rooting for all 3 candidates.
From the same person who brought you the OP

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...y-support.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies