Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 05:02 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times

Advertisements

If I was raised by lesbians and I was a boy, most likely I would think I was the wrong sex too. Just saying.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,758,749 times
I am a liberal, but this strikes me as criminal. We all know the man-hating lesbians types, and being raise by two could well affect a young boy's self perception. So sad. An eight year old cannot possibly grasp the implications of a sex change.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 AM

261 posts, read 357,319 times
Wow. Wow.

Maybe a little it of projecting going on? I have a cousin whose son always played with dolls, wore dresses, put on make-up. He didn't want trucks for Christmas, he wanted princess barbie dolls. He got them, his parents never pressured him to change. Now he is outgrowing them, he still plays with that stuff but not often. He outgrew it, must have been a phase.

I just think this is a cruel and psychologically damaging thing for them to do to their child. He may want to do this when he is an adult, but he may not. Shouldn't he be counseled to feel good in the skin he's in? And I'm not talking about gender, I'm talking about self-love vs. self-loathing. To me its the same as allowing a child to get plastic surgery to improve their appearance. They are just too young. It sends the message that you weren't okay before.

Furthermore, I sense an agenda here. Even if they truly felt this was the best thing for their son they should have protected his privacy, not allowed full access to the media, complete with family photos. This child is obviously suffering psychologically, they were talking about genital mutilation for crying out loud. Lets not compound a problem by making him a famous for his struggles.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:20 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
This child is mixed up and so are the parents . Changing his body will not help him and he may very well regret it and hate his parents for allowing this sex change.

Much too young to be playing God with his gender.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:25 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,642 times
This is just wrong and it just shows that bad parents exist regardless of sexual behaviors.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:34 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If I was raised by lesbians and I was a boy, most likely I would think I was the wrong sex too. Just saying.
That is the obvious problem in growing up in a same sex household.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:38 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am a liberal, but this strikes me as criminal. We all know the man-hating lesbians types, and being raise by two could well affect a young boy's self perception. So sad. An eight year old cannot possibly grasp the implications of a sex change.
So because they are lesbians they automatically are man hating ? I am pretty active in the gay and lesbian community, and have never met a man hating lesbian.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is the obvious problem in growing up in a same sex household.
Really? Because every other story about younger children want a sex change they have straight parents.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyskies1 View Post
Wow. Wow.

Maybe a little it of projecting going on? I have a cousin whose son always played with dolls, wore dresses, put on make-up. He didn't want trucks for Christmas, he wanted princess barbie dolls. He got them, his parents never pressured him to change. Now he is outgrowing them, he still plays with that stuff but not often. He outgrew it, must have been a phase.

I just think this is a cruel and psychologically damaging thing for them to do to their child. He may want to do this when he is an adult, but he may not. Shouldn't he be counseled to feel good in the skin he's in? And I'm not talking about gender, I'm talking about self-love vs. self-loathing. To me its the same as allowing a child to get plastic surgery to improve their appearance. They are just too young. It sends the message that you weren't okay before.

Furthermore, I sense an agenda here. Even if they truly felt this was the best thing for their son they should have protected his privacy, not allowed full access to the media, complete with family photos. This child is obviously suffering psychologically, they were talking about genital mutilation for crying out loud. Lets not compound a problem by making him a famous for his struggles.

Any person, esp children going through GRS go through heavy heavy amounts of therapy. The suicide rate among transgenders as teens is fairly high, so perhaps the concept of doing nothing is not healthy.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:43 AM

First off the title is misleading since the boy is 11. Second off most kids once they hit puberty with hormone blockers or not will end up realizing that what they wanted as kids is really not who they are. After that they will not begin hormone therapy to transition until the age of 16 with surgery not happening until they turn 18.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.