Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 04:13 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,883,820 times

Advertisements

And why would I care what the APA says anyway, as I am not American.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,429,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
And why would I care what the APA says anyway, as I am not American.
I guess you could refer to what the UK's Royal College of Psychiatrists have to say:

Quote:
"Despite almost a century of psychoanalytic and psychological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person’s fundamental heterosexual or homosexual orientation. It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment."
http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Submiss...%20England.pdf

Last edited by Ceist; 10-03-2011 at 05:21 AM..

Old 10-03-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This is the only reference I could find to me referring to Satan on this forum in any context.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t11600008.html

You seem to have already drawn your own conclusions about what I might or might not believe apart from my postings.

In past postings I have made reference to a Creator, or creative force, who or which brought all that exists, to include time and space, to be. I also explained the logic behind my belief that this Creator or creative force must exist. You can Google it if you're that interested.

My concept of an opposing entity or force is much less concrete, and while lots of people have very different concepts of what a "Satan" might be, I have found that the human capacity to do unspeakable evil clearly expresses this vileness. If that evil is the spirit of Satan, then he or it clearly does exist and must be opposed. Suffice to say, I have no issues sleeping with the lights off because Satan might be in my closet.
Isn't this yours?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/7982772-post39.html

I've also read posts of yours about the "Anti-christ" and supposed "mathematical" Biblical prophecies predicting the "second coming" .... any day now.

Are you saying that you don't believe in Satan or the Devil? Just the "Anti-Christ"?

Ehhh.... so what's your problem with my post? What incorrect "assumptions" did I make?

I still find it hilarious when you write a mocking post comparing GID to a child believing in the boogeyman in the closet, considering what you appear to believe about an "Anti-Christ" boogeyman.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:18 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,395,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You're refering to children raised by conservative religious households right, since those are clear cases of mental child abuse? I agree. Conservatives should be banned from being able to raise children.
No I'm speaking of some child abusers altering a childs natural development and ruining HIS future. Homosexuals should be banned from raising children if this is an example of how they do it. Sad freak show.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No I'm speaking of some child abusers altering a childs natural development and ruining HIS future. Homosexuals should be banned from raising children if this is an example of how they do it. Sad freak show.
The child's "natural development" had already occured in the uterus as a fetus.

Here is a link to heterosexual married parents who did the same thing for their son who was diagnosed with GID. It's been posted a number of times on this thread already.

Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR

I've started a thread: "Straight parents allow their 10 year old son to change his sex".

So will you be posting there saying that all heterosexual parents should be banned from raising children too?

Or is it just all lesbian and gay parents you have a problem with?

Last edited by Ceist; 10-03-2011 at 06:11 AM..

Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,883,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I guess you could refer to what the UK's Royal College of Psychiatrists have to say:

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Submiss...%20England.pdf
Ah! Sanity prevails over here I see.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Ah! Sanity prevails over here I see.
Momomonkey just "conveniently" left out a rather significant sentence in that paragraph which would have shown it in context. A lot of anti-gay websites did the same thing.

"Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles"

Eg pre-natal hormones in the uterus would be considered "nurture" or "environment", while genetic components would be considered "nature".

You won't find the APA (or any other professional health organization) saying that sexual orientation is caused by the way a child is parented or "nurtured" like the pray-away-the-gay types like to claim.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:46 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,481,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax

I still find it hilarious when you write a mocking post comparing GID to a child believing in the boogeyman in the closet, considering what you appear to believe about an "Anti-Christ" boogeyman.

Shhh.... it's a "mental disorder" to be gay/bi/trans.

It's NOT a mental disorder to believe in invisible beings that live in the sky that grant wishes and smite people who are bad.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:47 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,884,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
make him a bowling ball.plenty of people would support that too.
Hey, are you implying bowling balls are somehow less or wrong when compared to other balls?

Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,064,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No I'm speaking of some child abusers altering a childs natural development and ruining HIS future.
Abuse would be ignoring GID.

Abuse would be forcing puberty on someone who doesn't want to develop as a male just yet.

But hey, why actually treat GID?

Let's just ignore it and hope it's "just a phase"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies