Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
My argument is on the legality of it, period. from post one. and it was Illegal and Unconstitutional.
It is not.

Quote:
you people who claim to know the Constitution might need to read it a little more thoroughly.
Without it, we can still put you in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 09:46 AM

616 posts, read 854,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It is not.
it is. you need more study on the Constitution.

Quote:
Without it, we can still put you in place.
haha...comedy. all the more reason why you need it.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
it is. you need more study on the Constitution.
The particular issue you're ignorantly babbling about is handled with basic understanding of the constitution. It doesn't require a "study". After all, you have presented absolutely NOTHING that shows a violation.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:50 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
This is a gross conflict of interest!!!!!

Is anybody paying attention!!?!? from the Media to the Washington pundits, to the average Joe. NOBODY IS PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS GUYS' MOVES!

I think he should be impeached for this!! what say you?
No kidding! He's been head of the UN Security Council for Ages. This is another example of outright disregard of the Constitution and the oath he took to uphold it.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:52 AM

no more argument from me guys. just know we discussed it so when something falls thru the cracks with the American economy, etc,..you'll know why. Barry used that time galavanting across the world playing chairman to the UN when he can easliy let Susan Rice do her job.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
The particular issue you're ignorantly babbling about is handled with basic understanding of the constitution. It doesn't require a "study". After all, you have presented absolutely NOTHING that shows a violation.
I have. It's Unconstitutional. been saying that since post one. And you've presented nothing to show that it's not Unconstitutional and why he even had to do it in the first place. it's the arrogant Obamabots that urk me the most. Not just Obama himself.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:58 AM

hey einsteinsghost, check out the thread I started about Stimulus Bill #1. I would like to hear you chime in on that topic if you don't mind, please sir. thanks

Old 09-16-2011, 11:13 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
this is comedy^ YOU say we are bound by it but Fiyero says we are not.

which one is it folks?
Einstein and I never disagreed. According to our Constitution, any treat we sign is as binding as any other federal law we pass. But International Law works differently. The UN does not have the power to force countries to comply with the agreements they sign. There is no enforcement power in the international arena that can make a country abide by its agreements. Economic sanctions and calls for other countries to penalize a nation are the extent of the UN's power to force a country to uphold an agreement. It makes us look bad on the world stage if we back out of them, and could have ramifications for violating our Constitution, but the UN can't do anything about it since it's not a Sovereign nation.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
My whole arguement is that his move was Illegal and Unconstitutional. which is fact.

Just like the CEO of Pepsi can't be the CEO of Coke for a day.
Your argument is flawed. That analogy would work if Obama was trying to President of both the United States and Israel. Two entirely different sovereign nations.

The United Nations is not a nation. It is an organization promoting diplomacy and discussion among 193 of the world's nations. It was created by the United States, the UK, France, the USSR, and China.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I haven't seen Fiyero's argument. I don't think he would disagree with me. But, what do you think? What does the US Constitution speak of international treaties? Is it mixed up with title, nobility and such? After all, that is an argument central to yours (which clearly is beyond stupid).
He seems to think we're disagreeing merely because I said international law is technically unenforceable. We still agreed on treaties being binding law according to our Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies