Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 01:51 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,882,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
he "could" send checks to every family in America too. but has he done it. ?
No he cannot do that. But if he could, and wanted to, he would no matter how loudly you cry about with a completely uninformed idea of US Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 02:26 PM

616 posts, read 856,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No he cannot do that. But if he could, and wanted to, he would no matter how loudly you cry about with a completely uninformed idea of US Constitution.
sure he could. congress in his back pocket. sure he could.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They are peacekeepers. They are part of their respective government's military, not the UN, even though they sign up to serve under UN direction.

Most of these operations are established and implemented by the United Nations itself, with troops serving under UN operational control. In these cases, peacekeepers remain members of their respective armed forces, and do not constitute an independent "UN army", as the UN does not have such a force.

Peacekeeping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can go to the United Nation's website and apply under their career section to be a peacekeeper.
ahh I get it, so they're just an international glee club organization with no influence or power but if they call you to go bash some heads, you gotta go do it AND they want you to wear their uni's??? hmmmm..sounds like somebody is getting the world used to them having their own army

Quote:
What do you mean? Obviously if the UN requests help from the United States, it's up to the President and Congress to agree.
Ok, so why when the people of america say "stay outta those peoples business", our voices go unheard? is Obama upholding the Constiution at that point? remember it's...WE..THE..PEOPLE...not WE..THE SHEEPLE.

Quote:
Most of the world hates us for being the modern day Roman Empire. But what does that have to do with the UN?
The UN is the structure for how governments will be run in the future. if not, then why does the UN exist at all? they are not the worlds police nor it's refferee. it calls G20 summits as if to corrall all nations under it's umbrella. have you seen the UN flag?

Last edited by 512ATX; 09-16-2011 at 02:40 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 02:34 PM

954 posts, read 1,283,517 times
Quote:
In the Constitution it states:

Article I, Section 9.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

So your beloved Barry is doing illegal moves in plain sight against America
The u.n isn't a king, prince, or foreign state.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
The u.n isn't a king, prince, or foreign state.
No, it's a foreign union.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:46 PM

954 posts, read 1,283,517 times
Quote:
No, it's a foreign union.
Uh, okay. Obama still isnt violating the constitution.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:51 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,882,136 times
Quote:
sure he could. congress in his back pocket. sure he could.
And that would be constitutional.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,960,923 times
Quote:
not at all. but I see the trend. defend obama at all costs. that's what I see on this topic. it'snot hard to tell. whether or not he "could' do it is not the point. respecting that document is.

you do reallize the reason you live the way you do is because of that document. not because of Obama grandstanding at a UN Security council?

it's not like he went on conan o'brien. he made a MAJOR move in plain sight. but hey man. keep talkin down on the messenger.

and p.s -. my days of "convincing people" stopped when Obama took office. now all I do is commentate on what is happening and pointing out things that I told people was coming years ago.

You can keep thinking his antics are just farse and being prententious but the man is on a course to shut down this country economically and military
A. I'm not an Obama fan. He was not my first choice, and there are many things that I'm unhappy about.

B. You will not find another poster on this board who is more about honoring the Constitution of the United States.

C. Your attack on me does not make your argument. Whether you intended to convince anyone or not, you started a thread with the expectation of a discussion about the President and the United Nations. You are the one asserting wrong-doing. Please stay on-topic and argue your position.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,960,923 times
Quote:
and Did you people ever once think that Obama can get in that seat again and side with a vote AGAINST America?..yall ever thought about that possibility now that he's done it once? this was a test run, believe that.
And, so what?

The United Nations votes against the United States on some thing, and what happens?

You realize that Congress has a little review process called ratification, right?

Old 09-16-2011, 05:16 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,506,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Uh, okay. Obama still isnt violating the constitution.
The UN is not foreign either. Last time I checked it was still based in New York City, NY, which is part of the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies