Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 01:28 AM

23,405 posts, read 37,107,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It is inane precisely because your arguing that an eventual inevitability should be the basis for not funding Planned Parenthood.
Too obvious for that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 01:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,183,861 times
Quote:
It is inane precisely because your arguing that an eventual inevitability should be the basis for not funding Planned Parenthood.
The Hyde Amendment would be the definition of inane (actually ignorance would be a better definition). Who can read that Amendement with a straight face, other than those who don't understand how money fungibility works?

Hyde himself should be embarrassed, as should those who use it to prove that PP is not using federal funding on abortions.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Double yawn. Is that all you got? Cmon. None of your insults or anyone elses here are going to get me crying to the mods. If politicians can manage to get insulted on a daily basis, then so can I.
Well, bless your heart, welcome to the P&OC.
Hope you have your boots on, sweetie.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:32 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,657,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Well, bless your heart, welcome to the P&OC.
Hope you have your boots on, sweetie.
Yeah I've got em. So go ahead. Make every inane and irrelevant insult you want. It wont phase me.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:33 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,419,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The Hyde Amendment would be the definition of inane (actually ignorance would be a better definition). Who can read that Amendement with a straight face, other than those who don't understand how money fungibility works?

Hyde himself should be embarrassed, as should those who use it prove that PP is not using federal funding on abortions.
You might want to read the Hyde amendment. It prevents direct appropriations from federal trusts to fund abortions (except in life/health, incest, and rape) which is about all that can be done. In order to stop any federal money from ever eventually being cycled into abortion services would require a: banning abortion b: inventing a new economic system.

Generally when people talk about government spending they are talking about the spending itself and not the fiscal multiplier effect.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:35 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,317,949 times
Quote:
You might want to read the Hyde amendment.
Books are for intellectual elites. Our educational system is controlled by communists, you can't believe what you read.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,183,861 times
Quote:
You might want to read the Hyde amendment. It prevents direct appropriations from federal trusts to fund abortions which is about all that can be done. In order to stop any federal money from ever eventually being cycled into abortion services would require a: banning abortion b: inventing a new economic system.

Generally when people talk about government spending they are talking about the spending itself and not the economic multiplier effect.
You're absolutely right. Once it reaches PP coffers, there's not much that can be done. That's why it's in liberal's best interest to shut down the Hyde Amendment argument sooner rather than later. That dog doesn't hunt.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:38 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,419,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You're absolutely right. That's why it's in liberal's best interest to shut down the Hyde Amendment argument sooner rather than later. That dog doesn't hunt.
There are certainly liberals who suggest public policy that eliminates the Hyde Amendment, but that has little bearing on the fact that currently with certain extreme cases excepted (like life of the mother) the Federal government does not pay for people's abortions.

As to Planned Parenthood they do receive money to provide non-abortion related services. It is likely that if they did not receive that money they would simply not be able to perform those non-abortion services, but would be able to perform abortion services for which they have separate sources of funding.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Yeah I've got em. So go ahead. Make every inane and irrelevant insult you want. It wont phase me.
I'm sure you do.
I bet they're peep toe boots, arent they?
Before you get them boots to walking, please do yourself a favor, read the
Constitution, read the Bill of Rights, please just read.
MY
grandmother got the hell beaten out of her just so you and I have the right to vote, not to mention the fact that she did the same so you could come on here and voice your opinion so cavalierly about something you are obviously so grossly ignorant of.
When I said learn something about the subject matter at hand, I really wasnt kidding.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:46 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,657,078 times
Public Funding for Abortion | American Civil Liberties Union

According to this, 17 states fund abortion already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies