Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,037,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
You're right. You can't demand complete freedom but then demand the government take care of you.
At least we finally agree on something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 11:12 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,651,593 times
Quote:
You're right. You can't demand complete freedom but then demand the government take care of you.
This! This was my entire point! Unless you people have this sense of entitlement that government should in fact take care of you when you make mistakes like this one.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:33 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,404,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I've been saying this for years.

Without having read any other posts, I bet there are many who say that "sex is a right!".

I don't disagree.

But with rights come responsibilities.

Most on the left do not see that fact or stay willfully ignorant.

For society to work, all must take responsibility for their own actions.
First I am not certain that sex is a right. Second, I think that position involves cutting off your nose to spite your face, because if a woman is too poor to afford an abortion, how do you think she is supposed to pay for a child? That kid will become a ward of the state faster then you can say welfare whether you like it, or not. The fact of the matter is the government is going to pay one way or another.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 09-04-2011 at 11:46 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 AM

37,152 posts, read 42,265,203 times
Quote:
Actually, you can. You may not agree with it but you can certainly demand it. Some kind of national health would treat everything, including things you do to yourself with your "freedom". That includes big macs, stupidity and high risk hobbies as well as drugs btw.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:07 AM

9,011 posts, read 13,855,937 times
The only people I know who don't know how to stay out of bedrooms are Republicans. They want to be able to tell people what gender they are allowed to marry.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,306,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Then exactly what does Planned Parenthood do? Please, share. Enlighten me.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/fil...P_Services.pdf

And they just got a $50 donation in your screen name.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I am not that bad at critical reading, but apparently you are.

Basically in the case at hand Planned Parenthood sued Kansas (the article left out the reasoning why for some unknown reason) and Planned Parenthood requested, and were granted, a temporary injunction to prevent harm to their organization while the case made its way through court.

Planned Parenthood is an Abortion provider, but there is nothing to suggest that the funds that they were denied were in any way tied to abortion services. In fact since they were federal funds it is almost certain that they were not because of the Hyde Amendment. This article preys on those with weak logical reason skills hoping they will make the unfounded assumption that since planned parenthood provides abortion that must be what the money was for, when in fact Planned Parenthood performs a wide array of services and by law federal money cannot be directly allocated to abortion services.
When I donate to PP, I specifically donate for abortion services as they are not federally funded.

Quote:
Finally! Someone who admits that planned parenthood is in fact an abortion provider!

And how do you know that? Do you have any records proving they weren't using the funds for abortion?
Less than 3% of services provided are for abortions.

This has been discussed ad naseum in the dozen other threads on this topic.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:58 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,651,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/fil...P_Services.pdf

And they just got a $50 donation in your screen name.
What!? I didn't donate!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
What!? I didn't donate!
I donated in your screen name.
I do that when someone starts an ill-informed or false topic on PP.
It used to be $100 but I don't donate over $1k to any org during the year.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,841,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Less than 3% of services provided are for abortions.

This has been discussed ad naseum in the dozen other threads on this topic.

Um...this!

And I have used PP in the past. Not for an abortion but I bought BCP there (birth control pills) and got regular gynecological exams that since I was uninsured, I would not have been able to afford any other way.

Wanted to add for the young OP, would you rather pay $300 for an abortion or hundreds of thousands of dollars for WIC, foodstamps, mediciad, daycare assistance, and others for that single child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies