Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 02:19 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,858,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I'd suggest you Read my other post.

Now What
Part of the other post reads ..
Quote:
Planned Parenthood is hoping to block a state budget provision that requires federal family planning dollars to go first to public health departments and hospitals.

Abortion clinics say the provision leaves no money for Planned Parenthood and similar groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 02:20 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,436,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I am not that bad at critical reading, but apparently you are.

Basically in the case at hand Planned Parenthood sued Kansas (the article left out the reasoning why for some unknown reason) and Planned Parenthood requested, and were granted, a temporary injunction to prevent harm to their organization while the case made its way through court.

Planned Parenthood is an Abortion provider, but there is nothing to suggest that the funds that they were denied were in any way tied to abortion services. In fact since they were federal funds it is almost certain that they were not because of the Hyde Amendment. This article preys on those with weak logical reason skills hoping they will make the unfounded assumption that since planned parenthood provides abortion that must be what the money was for, when in fact Planned Parenthood performs a wide array of services and by law federal money cannot be directly allocated to abortion services.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:25 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,662,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I am not that bad at critical reading, but apparently you are.

Basically in the case at hand Planned Parenthood sued Kansas (the article left out the reasoning why for some unknown reason) and Planned Parenthood requested, and were granted, a temporary injunction to prevent harm to their organization while the case made its way through court.

Planned Parenthood is an Abortion provider, but there is nothing to suggest that the funds that they were denied were in any way tied to abortion services. In fact since they were federal funds it is almost certain that they were not because of the Hyde Amendment.
Finally! Someone who admits that planned parenthood is in fact an abortion provider!

And how do you know that? Do you have any records proving they weren't using the funds for abortion?

Old 09-04-2011, 02:28 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,436,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Finally! Someone who admits that planned parenthood is in fact an abortion provider!

And how do you know that? Do you have any records proving they weren't using the funds for abortion?
Well yes, that is kind of obvious. Secondly federal funding is generally given in order to do something. Its not as though the government says "here is some money do whatever you want go have a crack party if you want to." Money is allocated generally allocated for specific programs and purposes. Once more the Hyde Amendment prevents money from being allocated to abortion. The entire argument that federal money goes to abortion is based on the idea that if no money went to Planned Parenthood somehow money would be taken from other sources that is currently put towards providing abortions to go to other things like sex education and as I have said there is simply no evidence that would be the case.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:38 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,476,619 times
Default This Conservative stance is tired

Quote:
I know the difference between federal and state. My whole point is I'm sick of any taxpayer money going to pay for people's condom failures! And as I've mentioned before this is not solely about planned parenthood. This is also about WIC and welfare leeches as well.
You Conservatives continue to be on the wrong side of every argument. First you have the utter gaul and pompousness to declare that men can tell women what to do with their bodies. Then you don't complain when taxes are spent nation-building abroad, giving more money, aid, and consideration to impoverished people in faraway lands so you can "spread democracy." You also don't complain when the President lies to wage unnecessary wars on sovereign nations, dumping trillions of taxpayer money on wasteful military efforts while this country bleeds to death. Yet you complain when taxes are used in this country to help those you perceive as undeserving which usually includes historically discriminated against blacks and latinos.

If you're sick of this, then it is absolutely the right way to go.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
You Conservatives continue to be on the wrong side of every argument. First you have the utter gaul and pompousness to declare that men can tell women what to do with their bodies. Then you don't complain when taxes are spent nation-building abroad, giving more money, aid, and consideration to impoverished people in faraway lands so you can "spread democracy." You also don't complain when the President lies to wage unnecessary wars on sovereign nations, dumping trillions of taxpayer money on wasteful military efforts while this country bleeds to death. Yet you complain when taxes are used in this country to help those you perceive as undeserving which usually includes historically discriminated against blacks and latinos.

If you're sick of this, then it is absolutely the right way to go.
What are you talking about?? This has nothing to do with the topic.

And for the record, I think government needs to cut big time in ALL areas INCLUDING military. Not just social programs! How else are we to pay off the debt? We need to cut everywhere!! We can't be cherry-picking what we want to and don't want to cut. And admit it, both sides are guilty of doing it!! Both of them cherry-pick what they wanna cut and what they don't wanna cut! They need to stop cherry-picking and start cutting!!

Last edited by CancerianMoonPrincess; 09-04-2011 at 02:54 AM..

Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,476,619 times
Quote:
What are you talking about?? This has nothing to do with the topic.

And for the record, I think government needs to cut big time in ALL areas INCLUDING military. Not just social programs! How else are we to pay off the debt? We need to cut everywhere!! We can't be cherry-picking what we want to and don't want to cut. And admit it, both sides are guilty of doing it!! Both of them cherry-pick what they wanna cut and what they don't wanna cut! They need to stop cherry-picking and start cutting!!
Where were you when Bush was turning a surplus into a record deficit, neglecting every domestic category that exists? Bush imposed no taxes and the economy was on the way to a Depression. Where was your outrage when taxpayer money was used to fund two unnecessary wars while this country bled to death? The rich benefited mightily under Bush's ridiculous polices. It only makes sense that your ire should be focused on them. Conservatives can't do this as their minds are as nimble as a slab of stone.

Quit trying to pretend as if Bush didn't exist, making the same old tired Conservative arguments about taxes now that a black man is President. You conservatives and Bush dug this country into a serious hole, and we have to spend our way out of it along with tax hikes.

It is the price we have to pay for the ever-present ignorance that the Conservative party costs us with their effort to protect the rich and privileged.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Where were you when Bush was turning a surplus into a record deficit, neglecting every domestic category that exists? Bush imposed no taxes and the economy was on the way to a Depression. Where was your outrage when taxpayer money was used to fund two unnecessary wars while this country bled to death? The rich benefited mightily under Bush's ridiculous polices. It only makes sense that your ire should be focused on them. Conservatives can't do this as their minds are as nimble as a slab of stone.

Quit trying to pretend as if Bush didn't exist, making the same old tired Conservative arguments about taxes now that a black man is President. You conservatives and Bush dug this country into a serious hole, and we have to spend our way out of it along with tax hikes.

It is the price we have to pay for the ever-present ignorance that the Conservative party costs us with their effort to protect the rich and privileged.
WTF dude!? I know Bush was horrible with money!! He was no conservative trust me! But seriously I just said WE NEED TO CUT EVERYWHERE INCLUDING A BIG CHUNK IN MILITARY!! Egads! Did you not read my previous post!? Plus, your post is completely off-topic. I was talking about certain programs that I'm sick of getting funding. Especially since some of those people using them are leeches!!

Old 09-04-2011, 06:40 AM

20,401 posts, read 20,070,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Moon Princess, .....Also, dont you have some kind of boob or bra thread that you would rather preside over in Fashion and Beauty?.....
Hey guys!!! Cat fight!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 06:50 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,024,666 times
Quote:
Does anyone else notice how the same people who expect the government to stay out of the affairs of the bedroom want them to use taxpayer dollars for their mess-ups??

I get the fact that they want freedom to choose, but if you're gonna mess up your life by getting knocked up and if you want an abortion, you pay for it! Don't make other taxpayers pay for your condom failures! Be an adult and pay for your own mistakes and quit acting like the government should bail you out.

I know I'm gonna get flack for this but does anyone else see this??
OPs thought process:

* some people want freedom to do what they want in the bedroom
* some people want taxpayer funded stuff
* I don't want either of those
* every political argument is "people like me" vs. "those guys"
* obviously "those guys" must be hypocrites.

seriously, this is a junk OP. You haven't shown one single person that supposedly holds these contradictory positions, but you're railing about "them" as if there are untold legions of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies