Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:16 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,238,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So let's get this straight. You're losing every job that can be outsourced because your workers cost too much. So your answer is to allow groups to form that can demand higher wages and more benefits? Even worse is when they're unionized and work for a government they help elect.

Employment Law Guide - A Companion to the FirstStep Employment Law Advisor (http://www.dol.gov/elaws/elg/ - broken link)

Yeah, that's pretty important if you want your company, America, to succeed.

And then 5 seconds late you write:

Strange. If it's already a corporation, you want more of it? Yet your counter argument is if government goes away corporations will take over. You've set up a lose-lose situation so why not just go jump off a building now?

Corporation - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Now that you understand the definition of corporation and all...

Which is placing yourself as far out of the marketplace as you possibly can. No wonder no one else has your interest at mind.

It's both.

See definition of corporation.

At this point the only people that look like they're sabotoging things is the spend-happy liberals who seem to think demanding more jobs and more benefits while most of the rest of the world works for fractions on the dollar per day of what these thugs work for and then they have the unmitigated gall to complain?
Apparently it's all the same to you anyways so why not try to choke it out if you hate corporations (people) that is your government (people) that will take over your government (you) if government (your neighbor) gets too small?

Is that correct?

It is survival of the fittest (or, biggest), after all, right? Spend happy liberals (I might be a liberal, but I'm not close to spend happy) needn't try to "save the world" when justice prevails, greed is held in check, and governments around the world (including ours) aren't on the warpath building empires using slaves (most of the underlings that make up large corporations) and soldiers.

Please, Republicans, get out from behind your pulpits, and if you truly care about freedom and harmony, get the Church and it's brainwashed, voting inhabitants off the tracks; there's important work to be done. (When did your souls get sucked right out of your hearts, anyway?)

In the meantime, people (anybody out there?) who actually believe in freedom (not economic slavery) and justice for all (inhabitants of this planet), don't ever back down from this fight, whatever it takes.

To the few who benefit from the current perverted system installed on this planet, I'm feeling pretty confident your time is about up, one way or another.

Last edited by herefornow; 08-30-2011 at 05:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 07:14 AM

10,855 posts, read 15,035,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
FL is a right to work state and most jobs don't pay more than $10 an hour.
Spin, spin, spin!

That sounds all good coming from the People's Committee of the Workers Proletariat (got Karl Marx?) except the average job in Florida pays $19.36/hour which means "most" jobs in Florida pay more than $19.35/hour.

Florida - May 2010 OES State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates

Of course you need skills beyond what it takes to sit on your butt in a concession stand at Mouse World.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:23 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,545,281 times
The Left acts like toddlers. This is to be expected.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,212,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Left acts like toddlers. This is to be expected.
And still, the hits just keep coming for them. The Left/unions in WI continue to LOSE on every front.

And the reason they keep losing is because they are WRONG.

NEW INFO: Wausau Mayor: Labor Day Organizers Should Include Republicans (http://www.wsaw.com/politics/headlines/GOP_Politicians_Banned_from_Labor_Day_Parade_12854 1013.html - broken link)

Wausau Mayor Jim Tipple Releases Statement:

Quote:
August 29, 2011- The City is a co-sponsor of the Labor Day parade event, because we provided the payment for the insurance premium for the event, and we agreed to erect a stage and provide city services at no cost to the Marathon County Central Labor Council.

The banning of a political party from participation at any event co-sponsored by the City is against public policy and not in the best interest of all the citizens of the City of Wausau. And therefore, we encourage the event organizer to invite all interested parties, or reimburse the city for other costs.
Either the unions bear the brunt of the costs....or they let all who want to participate do just that.

Should be a hoot watching as union/Left parade spectators embarrass and debase themselves further by booing, throwing stuff at politicians they hate.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,730,238 times
^^ So much for crbcrbrgv's assessment that "Wassau is obviously an extremely pro-union town."

Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 AM

1,123 posts, read 782,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
How is it being petty to exclude those who don't support the reason you're having a parade? I think it's a great idea. A better one would be to include them but put a banner of "Hypocrites" on the car they use to wave to the crowds.
Amazing how clueless and the hypocrisy of liberals...can the irish ban gays from their parades?

Sorry sweetie, but this idiocy is living proof of the diseased liberal mentality: "I support your right to free speech, but only if it parrots mine"...

Old 08-30-2011, 11:23 AM

1,123 posts, read 782,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Why slit your own throat? Why oppose unions when there is no one else that will stand up for you? Or is saving money the overriding and only concern? I don't get it. Republicans hate government so much they want it whittled down to nothing. This means corporations will fill the vacuum and we all know what happens when business runs the show. It's exactly why unions were formed to begin with. It's a vicious cycle in which Republicans choose to kill themselves over and over again. (Not a bad thought really, but I digress).

I support unions because I've got nothing else to protect my interests. Two things Republicans must get through their tough skulls: 1) America is a country, not an economy, and 2) America is made up of human beings first, not businesses. Again, why do you insist on slitting your own throats? Why do you say the government is too powerful and yet are so willing to turn your power over to corporations and businesses when they will NEVER allow themselves to be held accountable and will NEVER hold your best interest at heart? It's already quite obvious government is run by corporations. How much more will you give them to apply final solutions?

Explain. And don't just say it's because they're corrupt or they cost me money I don't want to spend or they take my freedoms away. Those are all tired arguments that obscure the fact that you wouldn't have your rights in the workplace if it wasn't for the laborers and unions.

And god I hope it isn't just partisanship. That's a mental disorder of the first magnitude.
For the freaking quadrillionth time, most support the right of PRIVATE SECTOR unions to form - we simply do NOT support the right of PUBLIC SECTOR unions.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:26 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,040,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Fair enough...keep Dems out of the Independence Day parade!

Bravo

Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 PM

7,792 posts, read 8,091,405 times
sounds like either a really boring parade or a really boring union rally. have fun with that

Old 08-30-2011, 06:35 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,183,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Republicans Barred From Wisconsin Town's Labor Day Parade : The Two-Way : NPR

It's about time the Wisconsin republican legislature got a chance to feel a little of the wrath of the working folks. Vote 'em all out, Wisconsin! We're with you all the way!
Very petty, isn't it?

I myself call it "the end of summer" celebration.

Labor Day sounds so, I don't know, common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies