Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 01:44 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,954,211 times

Advertisements

But this is what it says:

Kenya Districts, Towns and Cities: Kisumu - Kenya, KE, Africa
Located on the shores of Lake Victoria, Kisumu is a relatively ordinary Kenyan city. Once a bustling port and originally known as Port Florence, Kisumu is located on the Kavirondo Gulf of Lake Victoria. As well as the lake itself, the city's other attractions include a thriving market, Hippo Point, Impala Park and the Kisumu Museum.

Nothing about Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 01:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times
Thanks for supplying the link. I looked but didn't find the quote that Dragging Canoe showed in his snapshot. Which suggests that the site at one time had an error that has since been corrected, or that someone took a snapshot of the site, and edited it. Both scenarios indicate that Obama was not born in Kenya.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:46 PM

More garbage. Since that is not US legal code, it's a treatise (you do know what a treatise is, don't you?) with no bearing on Obama's legal standing. Someone's opinion. Not law. Just like your opinion. Not law.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:48 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,831,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Thanks for supplying the link. I looked but didn't find the quote that Dragging Canoe showed in his snapshot. Which suggests that the site at one time had an error that has since been corrected, or that someone took a snapshot of the site, and edited it. Both scenarios indicate that Obama was not born in Kenya.
The articles are edited after they are located and posted on the internet. I have an example where they are edited. We have a screenshot of the Plan web site showing Obama was born in Kenya. It was posted on Free Republic within a few hours the article was edited. We have both screen shots of the plan web site. Who is contacting them to edit out Obama was in Kenya.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The articles are edited after they are located and posted on the internet.
You don't have any links. That's the bottom line.

I can take a snapshot of virtually any page on the internet, and then edit it to say what I want. Then I can e-mail it to you. But it's garbage. It's like my taking one of your home snapshots and removing your head from the photo and putting on George Clooney's head. You can show people the picture and say you look just like George Clooney, here's the proof. But you don't look like George Clooney, and the picture is only proof that, using modern technology, I can make up any old thing. That's why, when my uncle sends me all his right-wing propaganda, I take the time to verify whether it's from a credible source, or whether it appears to be just made up garbage.

From what you've provided, there's not a credible source for the assertions you are making. And because you cannot provide any credible foundation for those assertions, the assertions themselves are not credible.

No matter how much you want to believe something, you have to have a level of skepticism if you are going to assert that something in a debate, and use that skepticism to make sure that your argument is as solid as possible. Right now, your arguments are not solid, because you cannot provide any credible foundation for your arguments.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
More garbage. Since that is not US legal code, it's a treatise (you do know what a treatise is, don't you?) with no bearing on Obama's legal standing. Someone's opinion. Not law. Just like your opinion. Not law.
Is the Law of Nations law in the United States? The US Supreme Court says it is and has been since the Founding.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Is the Law of Nations law in the United States? The US Supreme Court says it is and has been since the Founding.
Your treatise is not US legal code. Period.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
You don't have any links. That's the bottom line.

I can take a snapshot of virtually any page on the internet, and then edit it to say what I want. Then I can e-mail it to you. But it's garbage. It's like my taking one of your home snapshots and removing your head from the photo and putting on George Clooney's head. You can show people the picture and say you look just like George Clooney, here's the proof. But you don't look like George Clooney, and the picture is only proof that, using modern technology, I can make up any old thing. That's why, when my uncle sends me all his right-wing propaganda, I take the time to verify whether it's from a credible source, or whether it appears to be just made up garbage.

From what you've provided, there's not a credible source for the assertions you are making. And because you cannot provide any credible foundation for those assertions, the assertions themselves are not credible.

No matter how much you want to believe something, you have to have a level of skepticism if you are going to assert that something in a debate, and use that skepticism to make sure that your argument is as solid as possible. Right now, your arguments are not solid, because you cannot provide any credible foundation for your arguments.

I am the one who located the Plan web site...no one sent it to me. I am the one who posted it on FR. It was me who followed up to see if they would edit it..it was me who returned to the web site several hours later and noticed it was edited. I took a second screen shot.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/ScreenHunter_01Nov140350.gif (broken link)

Last edited by DraggingCanoe; 08-19-2011 at 02:19 PM..

Old 08-19-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I am the onw who located the Plan web site...no one sent it to me. I am the one who posted it on FR. It was me who followed up to see if they would edit it..it was me who returned to the web site several hours laters and noticed it was edited. I took a second screen shot of the editing.
Okay. That establishes what? That someone from a foreign country put something on a website that was an error, and when they found out, they removed the error. I notify newspapers and other media all the time when they make mistakes. A grammar error, a historical mis-reference, a geography mis-step, someone's name misspelled. When it's on-line, and they find out about their error, they fix it. And believe me, these errors are becoming more and more common. Most news organizations, and pretty much all organizations, have had to cut back on staff, and fact-checkers are often the first department to be let go. They actually depend on readers and other consumers to assist with fact-checking these days.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,531,406 times
What does it matter at this late date anyway? He will already have served one term as POTUS and will serve another if the electorate want him to. Sheesh!

Even if old Joe serves up some document or another to cast doubt on his hertitage, it will drag on well past any effective date of stopping his candidacy. Won't it?

What the heck kind of leverage is a Sheriff from Arizona gonna have to force compliance on behalf of a records office in Kenya if the Secret Service are standing there beside the phone when Joe calls them?

He sure couldn't have given this much thought at all if he agreed to let himself be hoodwinked into this one. This may all be a set-up to put Joe where the White House needs him most; making a fool of himself and putting this birther nonsense to bed once and for all! A veritable win-win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies