Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,023,910 times

Advertisements

lol @ the birthers in this thread. How many of you guys have little cups under your chins to catch the drool?

and a particular double LOL at the use of some screeds typed out in some guy's mom's basement as "PROOF" that people need citizen parents to be citizens. Don't worry about that pesky CONSTITUTION, only egghead nerds read that! What we got here is Clem's Big Book of Laws and Stuff, see here on page 42 it says Obama ain't no citizen, CASE CLOSED!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 PM

42,732 posts, read 30,018,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Let me understand this correctly...if a newspaper article states Obama was born in Kenya we are to believe it is a typo...if the article mentions he was born in Hawaii it is not a typo.

Got it.
If you are using critical assessment skills, you need to ask yourself about the articles in question. The Honolulu birth announcements---they got their information from the state of Hawaii. The Kenyan article---got their information from where? The subject of the Honolulu birth announcements is the actual birth information. The subject of the Kenyan article---a celebration of someone of Kenyan descent and their success in another part of the world. The birth information was peripheral, not a main point. The birth information in the birth announcements in Honolulu was the main point, the only point. Peripheral information is much more likely to be erroneous in all news articles.

Use your critical assessment skills. Don't let your bias take you where you want to go, follow the facts. And be skeptical about the "facts". Some "facts" aren't facts at all.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:03 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,836,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If you are using critical assessment skills, you need to ask yourself about the articles in question. The Honolulu birth announcements---they got their information from the state of Hawaii. The Kenyan article---got their information from where? The subject of the Honolulu birth announcements is the actual birth information. The subject of the Kenyan article---a celebration of someone of Kenyan descent and their success in another part of the world. The birth information was peripheral, not a main point. The birth information in the birth announcements in Honolulu was the main point, the only point. Peripheral information is much more likely to be erroneous in all news articles.

Use your critical assessment skills. Don't let your bias take you where you want to go, follow the facts. And be skeptical about the "facts". Some "facts" aren't facts at all.

Is the Law of Nations a part of our national law in the United States?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:04 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,993,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
LOL, sounds like you're talking to a 4 year old. Sorry, couldn't help it.
That is insulting to my 4 year old.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Is the Law of Nations a part of our national law in the United States?
Vattel's book? No.

The "law of nations" as a phrase that describes international law and how nations are required to fulfill their international treaty commitments? Yes.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,993,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Vattel's book? No.

The "law of nations" as a phrase that describes international law and how nations are required to fulfill their international treaty commitments? Yes.
I have no idea as to why you are argueing with him. You can't change his mind. The only conclusion that he can draw is that you are part of the conspiracy. You may even be Obama himself posting on CD.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:12 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,836,104 times
When Chief Justice Waite wrote natural born citizens are born to citizen parents are we to believe it was a typo?

When Aristotle tells us citizens are born from citizen parents..is this a typo?

The same with Vattel, Pericles,...the 1926 edition Baldwin Law dictionary,..Alexander Porter Morse...Roman law.

History is being rewritten to justify the presidency of Obama.

The new White House talking point..."say they are typos"

Old 08-19-2011, 03:15 PM

47,108 posts, read 26,245,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
If all AMERICANS would arm themselves and stand their ground when ANY criminal breaks into their home we could balance the budget.
Mods, I think we need a forum for unintentional comedy...

Old 08-19-2011, 03:15 PM

26,576 posts, read 14,536,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I believe the idea is that a crime has been committed against the Attorney General of Arizona. Joe will look into it.
wouldn't that be the job of the AZ attorney general?

Quote:
Otherwise, what do you care? Why is it, that these are the only threads that interest you on this giant forum, and the only place you post?
because i'm fascinated by the level of confirmation bias that is involved with birthers.

Quote:
You show up at a moments notice,....
took me 5hours for this thread.

Quote:
You are one of the many agents all over the net, working very hard to put out the fires -
i have personal confirmation that your perception is askew.

Quote:
It must just burn your britches to no end that you still can't control World Net Daily.
nope. britches are doing just fine.

Quote:
You have managed to remove or take over every site and blog started by Orly Taitz, another of your enemies.
news to me.

Quote:
....you've even got PayPal running interference for you.
i did? wow, i don't even have a paypal account.

Quote:
I hope there is such a thing as karma, and you get yours.
i do too. thank you.

Quote:
Orly has a court date in Sept.
yep. where she will have to show that her subpoena is valid. i don't see it going well for orly.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
When Chief Justice Waite wrote natural born citizens are born to citizen parents are we to believe it was a typo?

When Aristotle tells us citizens are born from citizen parents..is this a typo?

The same with Vattel, Pericles,...the 1926 edition Baldwin Law dictionary,..Alexander Porter Morse...Roman law.

History is being rewritten to justify the presidency of Obama.

The new White House talking point..."say they are typos"
Look, here's your problem.

Contemporary newspapers in Honolulu reported Barack Obama's birth in Honolulu. You know that that is true. The birth announcements exist.

Now, if Obama was born in Kenya, why would anyone have lied about that back then? His mother was a US citizen, and getting Obama naturalized would have been no problem, so US citizenship was not the goal. So why would anyone have lied back then? There is no logical reason to lie. Which means that Barack Obama was born in the United States.

And there is NO US legal code, no court decisions, nothing that say in order to be considered a natural-born citizen you have to be the child of two US citizen parents. Nothing. Nada. You can haul out legal dictionaries, treatises, opinions to your heart's consent. They are NOT US legal code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies