Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:26 PM

4,006 posts, read 10,879,307 times

Advertisements

Yeah it was SOOOO terrible under Bush with the 5% unemployment, 14,000 DOW, especially given the terrorist attacks and housing bubble. Face it, the Dems started harping on the "terrible Bush economy" in 2004, took over congress in 2006, and created a self-fulfilling prophecy. Bush sucked, but Obama is absolutely abysmal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,325,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
wow, so how do you remember things were Bush? Are you saying that 8 years of annihilating our economy can be fixed in just 2.5 years. I did not elect Jesus Christ or Zeus, I elected a human being that I believe has the right attitude and leadership to start turning things around. Am I happy with him right now? NO, but do I beleive he can eventually turn this sinking ship into a buoyant sustainable economy?..yes I do.
Fixed in 2.5 years? Maybe not. Improved? Definitely and that is where Obama has not delivered. The average American is far worse off now than they were in January 2009.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:33 PM

38,740 posts, read 26,546,735 times
Quote:
why don't YOU explain how Bush did not run up the bills for 8 years...please show me stats on how your conservative hero cut back on spending? I look forward to your reply

Bush also inherited a recession and 9/11. Deficits increased as a result, but those deficits decreased year after year until it was just $151 billion. Then Democrats took over Congress in 2007. Spending has been out of control ever since. I made a good living when Republicans ran things, and I can link their policies with the growth of the economy. Today, I'm living on on a third of what I used to make and this clown wants to blame the other guy?

Last edited by momonkey; 08-09-2011 at 03:08 PM..

Old 08-09-2011, 02:39 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,642,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
WW2 ended 66 years ago.

We still blame Hitler.

Vietnam ended almost 40 years ago.

We still blame LBJ.

Time for conservos to face reality. And the reality is that 1000 years from now, the things Bush fouled up will still be Bush's fault.

Just the way the cookie crumbles. Life's tough that way.
The difference is that Germany didn't continue the genocide after WWII and just blame Hitler.

Nixon ended Vietnam...he didn't escalate it and blame LBJ.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:46 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,928,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Is this getting old or what? He has nothing, so he blames Europe and George Bush. He doesn't have a clue as to what to do. He's like a ship without a rudder, circling in the ocean.

What a loser.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday he inherited many of the country's problems with high debt and deficits when he entered the White House, sounding a theme likely to dominate his 2012 re-election campaign.

Speaking at a Democratic fundraiser, where families paid $15,000 to get a picture with him, Obama defended his economic record and noted that problems in Europe were affecting the United States.

"We do have a serious problem in terms of debt and deficit, and much of it I inherited," Obama said. The financial crisis, he said, made the problem worse.
I don't think there is an expiration date on blame. Once you are the blame, you are always the blame.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:49 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,476,619 times
Default Excellent post!

Quote:
wow, so how do you remember things were Bush? Are you saying that 8 years of annihilating our economy can be fixed in just 2.5 years. I did not elect Jesus Christ or Zeus, I elected a human being that I believe has the right attitude and leadership to start turning things around. Am I happy with him right now? NO, but do I beleive he can eventually turn this sinking ship into a buoyant sustainable economy?..yes I do.
Here is yet another poster who is among the most enlightened. I could not have said it better myself. Good job and spot on.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 PM

13,053 posts, read 13,000,926 times
Quote:
why don't YOU explain how Bush did not run up the bills for 8 years...please show me stats on how your conservative hero cut back on spending? I look forward to your reply
Nice deflection, I will play... I didn't say he didn't. The war cost a lot (you can agree or disagree with funding it) and I do not agree with some of his actions, for instance, his bail out bill which was pure garbage and there are many many other policies to which I was against of his.

So, I played nice, can you? I know Bush overspent and we know what it was and why, you can disagree with it or not. I told you what I disagreed with.

Now back to Obama and the question I posed to you. Care to answer it or are you too cowardly to do so?

Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 PM

4,006 posts, read 10,879,307 times
I guess you have to be pretty enlightened to believe Obama is a "leader". Deer in the headlights would be a more accurate description.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,102,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Yeah it was SOOOO terrible under Bush with the 5% unemployment, 14,000 DOW, especially given the terrorist attacks and housing bubble. Face it, the Dems started harping on the "terrible Bush economy" in 2004, took over congress in 2006, and created a self-fulfilling prophecy. Bush sucked, but Obama is absolutely abysmal!
You forgot to mention gas prices are more than doubled under obama, the deficit has quadrupled, the debt has increased by 60% and the housing market is near collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I guess you have to be pretty enlightened to believe Obama is a "leader". Deer in the headlights would be a more accurate description.
Omg, he's absolutely floundering in his incompetence. He keeps wanting to do the same things that have failed brilliantly.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:01 PM

31,302 posts, read 20,854,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't think there is an expiration date on blame. Once you are the blame, you are always the blame.

Yes, that's what losers do. Always deflect. Especially if they have nothing to offer to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies