Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
more than 2.5 years later, he's still blaming Bush
Well....what else does he have?

Will he run on his successful economic and fiscal policy record?

Will he tout the stimulus and obamacare?

Technically he should, right?

I mean, we keep hearing what great, fabulous legislative accomplishments he has....surely he'll play those up, right?

Here's one of his minions, axelrod, trying to spin, but Bob gets right down to the nub;

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cbs-bob-s...rm-presidency/

Quote:
Axelord: “We are in a different place than we were the day he did that interview.”
Schieffer: “We are, things are worse than they were.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 02:02 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Default more than 2.5 years later, he's still blaming Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Is this getting old or what? He has nothing, so he blames Europe and George Bush. He doesn't have a clue as to what to do. He's like a ship without a rudder, circling in the ocean.

What a loser.
No matter how loudly the denial center of your mind screams at you, "It's not Bush's fault!", you know that it truly is.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday he inherited many of the country's problems with high debt and deficits when he entered the White House, sounding a theme likely to dominate his 2012 re-election campaign.

Speaking at a Democratic fundraiser, where families paid $15,000 to get a picture with him, Obama defended his economic record and noted that problems in Europe were affecting the United States.

"We do have a serious problem in terms of debt and deficit, and much of it I inherited," Obama said. The financial crisis, he said, made the problem worse.
True statement.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:09 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Only true losers continue to blame others.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
wow, so how do you remember things were Bush? Are you saying that 8 years of annihilating our economy can be fixed in just 2.5 years. I did not elect Jesus Christ or Zeus, I elected a human being that I believe has the right attitude and leadership to start turning things around. Am I happy with him right now? NO, but do I beleive he can eventually turn this sinking ship into a buoyant sustainable economy?..yes I do.
I remember Bush inheriting a recession, and dealing with it. I remember Bush inheriting a Deficit and making it worse. I remember Bush trying to deal with the subprime mortgage issue and Barney frank telling the U.S. that there was no problem with freddie mac and fannie mae.

I also remember that Obama increased the nation debt as a percentage in is first 3 years in office, greater than any president has done in a total of 8 years in office, has lost more jobs than any president in recent history, and has whined it was someone else's fault more than any other president we have ever had.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:14 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
It was that too. But if you acknowledge that as a problem, you should also acknowledge that tacking on trillions more might be a problem as well, right?
see toilet analogy

Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
wow, so how do you remember things were Bush? Are you saying that 8 years of annihilating our economy can be fixed in just 2.5 years. I did not elect Jesus Christ or Zeus, I elected a human being that I believe has the right attitude and leadership to start turning things around. Am I happy with him right now? NO, but do I beleive he can eventually turn this sinking ship into a buoyant sustainable economy?..yes I do.

OK, what specifically did Bush do to cause this annihilation?

Careful how you answer. You will be graded on this.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:17 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
Why do people continue to misunderstand the nature of compound interest? Our debt appeared to balloon during Bush's 8 yrs, and it balloons even more during Obama, and it will balloon even more for the next president.

We would have to dramatically slash the big 3 (military, SS, Medicare), and allocate the saved revenue to even begin to turn the debt downward.

Back to the OP, it will never be inappropriate for Obama to blame Bush. Just like it will never be inappropriate for New Orleans to blame Hurricane Katrina for its effect on the city. could have said that better...

Old 08-09-2011, 02:18 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I also remember that Obama increased the nation debt as a percentage in is first 3 years in office, greater than any president has done in a total of 8 years in office, has lost more jobs than any president in recent history, and has whined it was someone else's fault more than any other president we have ever had.
LOL....

Old 08-09-2011, 02:19 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Is this getting old or what? He has nothing, so he blames Europe and George Bush. He doesn't have a clue as to what to do. He's like a ship without a rudder, circling in the ocean.

What a loser.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday he inherited many of the country's problems with high debt and deficits when he entered the White House, sounding a theme likely to dominate his 2012 re-election campaign.

Speaking at a Democratic fundraiser, where families paid $15,000 to get a picture with him, Obama defended his economic record and noted that problems in Europe were affecting the United States.

"We do have a serious problem in terms of debt and deficit, and much of it I inherited," Obama said. The financial crisis, he said, made the problem worse.

From the same people who went as far back as Jimmy Carter to blame on the housing crash. Or Clinton for 911.

Hard to take you people seriously most times.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:22 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default more than 2.5 years later, he's still blaming Bush

Quote:

What a loser.

Conservos are so silly...

Bush booted it. Horribly. Nothing will ever modify that reality. You guys lose your minds when anyone mentions it, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies