Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 08:38 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,592,515 times

Advertisements

The last time Republicans tried to do things without compromise their way or the highway style was Wisconsin. That really worked out for them, didn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 10:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,337,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
...with zero compromises. Its time for the Republicans to pull on their big boy diapers, stop with the frat boy antics and undeserved "attaboys" and cut a compromised deal.
No compromise, no deal. That is the Democrat way these days isn't it. I think that maybe you need to look up the definition of capitulate and then insert it where you like to use compromise.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
They have tried to negotiate but it take two to make it work. The GOP opted to lower the amount of cuts but stood strong on not raising taxes in a weak economy. Obama has bent on nothing and that is not negotiating. I hope the GOP stands firm. We have already experienced a depression so maybe another great one is in order to teach some valuable lessons....like don't depend on a bankrupt government to feed and water you.
I have told these left leaners over and over that Obama doesn't want to negotiate any kind of compromise. He wants only capitulation by the GOP and they have finally figured that out. Most of these people don't know the difference between compromise and capitulation.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
You do realize that Murdoch owns Fox, right?
That is a question that almost made me roll out of my chair in laughter. Does this say that Murdoch owns all of the MSM or just Fox? Maybe you need to stop watching Fox so you will know that there are many more places to see the news.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:36 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,787,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyadra View Post
He's like that kid at the ball game that didn't catch the foul ball and he threw a hissy fit. He Never learned that life sometimes sucks, and acts like it until someone gives him a ball.

And at the Arizona game Obama looks like the kid who took the foul ball and gave it to the kid who was crying.

Would someone please give the Congressman a ball to play with

That won't be necessary, he is kicking Obama's pretty well..........

Old 07-23-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Yeah saddle us middle class citizens
any one who even remotely thinks the gop including Boehner is not for the wealthy upper class is smoking some pretty good freaking grass

Sorry but the wealthy folks have had a party for years with the tax breaks
YOUR TURN

If you didn't get a tax break from that law then you are one of the people who pay no income taxes. I am not sure that people who pay no income taxes should be allowed to vote. I got a break and I sure am not above middle middle class.

I think that you have been taken in by Obama's desire for a class warfare. He doesn't give a damn about the middle class other than some money to redistribute and to talk about to push his class war.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:40 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,787,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
The last time Republicans tried to do things without compromise their way or the highway style was Wisconsin. That really worked out for them, didn't it.
Actually it worked pretty well for the tax payers of Wisconsin!

Old 07-23-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Is that one over now? I didn't know that but it is kind of funny that some of you painfully lefthanded people are so sure the unions have won out there.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Actually it worked pretty well for the tax payers of Wisconsin!
I love to see someone talk about my way or the highway and then talk about compromise when all Obama will accept is capitulation by the GOP. I know that few, if any of these lefties know the definition of capitulate but they may learn some day.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:44 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,069,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That is a question that almost made me roll out of my chair in laughter. Does this say that Murdoch owns all of the MSM or just Fox? Maybe you need to stop watching Fox so you will know that there are many more places to see the news.
My point was that both political extremes have media outlets serving their interests. Murdoch is certainly no champion of fair and unbiased news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies